SU Targeting Robert Anae as New OC / Jason Beck as New QB Coach per Thamel and ESPN | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

SU Targeting Robert Anae as New OC / Jason Beck as New QB Coach per Thamel and ESPN

This seems like gibberish to the older folks I bet. But this is actually HUGE. She would not be following Dino and cuse FB for no reason I promise you that. These hirings will be the best Xmas present I could have ever asked for.
She doesn’t follow any other ACC football program or ACC head coach either. Just us and Dino. Pretty good indication as to what’s going on behind the scenes here.

x
She doesn’t follow any other ACC football program or ACC head coach either. Just us and Dino. Pretty good indication as to what’s going on behind the scenes here.
She does follow LSU (do they have a QB coach?) and Eli Drinkwitz (they need an OC?). But in all likelihood she started following Dino and SU because they are headed here.

I’d prefer that.

Hill wasn’t great at BYU and UVA QBs nothing special.

Anae is established I’ll take him. Find a QB coach who has a transfer lined up to push GS.
Hill was awesome at BYU, he just had some rough injuries.

x

She does follow LSU (do they have a QB coach?) and Eli Drinkwitz (they need an OC?). But in all likelihood she started following Dino and SU because they are headed here.
I can’t pinpoint the Drinkwitz connection, but it looks like Beck did a short stint as an offensive intern at LSU back in the Les Miles days. Hopefully that’s the explanation here.

Reactions: 007
THIS.

GS isn’t an amazing passer.

But at least 2-3x a game, he’d hit a receiver IN THE HANDS and they would drop it.

Drops happen.
But at P5 level, it shouldn’t be as often as they did this past season.
Even if only 1-2 fewer drops happen per game, that boosts his completion % closer to 60, and we likely win at least 1 more game.

Edited to add: and just imagine if we had a WR or 2 who could make the tough catches?
At least on occasion??
My kingdom for an AET, Ish, Custis, or Trishton.

So - as “busted” as Shrader’s passing is/was -
it’s also THIIIIIIIS close to being adequate & sufficient for the offense to function well.
I think drops are more likely if you are surprised when the ball hits you in the hands.

x

Mizzou’s RB coach is being considered for the OC position at UVA. The Tigers don’t need an OC, although the TE coach just went to SMU to be their OC.

Yeah I wondered about the play calling to that day.

Look, Shrader is not a good passing QB but there are a lot of things he can certainly improve and be coached up on. He needs to at least be an average thrower or we're too easy to defend.
You are correct in the fact he has not been a great passer or even good, but he was at least serviceable until he got that hit at VT. I have no inside knowledge but after that he could not hit even wide open targets.
His ability really went off a cliff.

I wonder how long she’s been doing that.
Pretty sure it’s fairly new. The night the Thamel tweet came out I looked at her and Jason’s Twitter stuff after UVA board was mentioning her tweeting and I didn’t notice her and/or Dino following each other at all or her following SU football Twitter.

Just read through the past 10 pages. I can reassure (it’s been said by multiple people) there won’t be an announcement this week. That does not mean things have gone downhill. All I’m saying.

Just read through the past 10 pages. I can reassure (it’s been said by multiple people) there won’t be an announcement this week. That does not mean things have gone downhill. All I’m saying.
Bored Richard Hammond GIF by DriveTribe

You, with your facts & data!
There’s no place for that here!!
:p

Just looking at our last 3 bowl seasons is illuminating:
2012 - Nassib was our best pocket passing QB in ages, and got drafted & held Eli’s clipboard for a few seasons.
2013 - Rel was mostly a running QB who occasionally threw. Hmmm…
2018 - the Eric Dungey Experience.
Also more of a run-first guy than a pure passer.

So, unless we’re gonna have a future NFL QB standing behind a line with a future NFL first round draft pick anchoring it, it seems like we should aim for more like ‘13 & ‘18 in how we approach things.

Shrader can absolutely do that for us.
He may not be Dungey, but he could certainly be as good as Rel was for us that year.
Agree 1000% with this post

And how many times did our receivers run the wrong routes.
That happens too. They all contribute to the dysfunction of the pass game. I was just responding about his throwing fundalmentals. My question is how do you know when it is the Wr's fault or if the QB made the wrong read?

Which leads me to conclude (with absolutely no knowledge on the subject) that Beck has agreed to a Co-OC position with QB Coach responsibilities. Beck and Anae (the other Co-OC) will both announce their SU contracts shortly after Virginia's bowl, either on the 30th or the 31st.

Before anyone agrees with my conjecture, please be aware that I have been wrong on just about every other projection I've made.