SU Targeting Robert Anae as New OC / Jason Beck as New QB Coach per Thamel and ESPN | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

SU Targeting Robert Anae as New OC / Jason Beck as New QB Coach per Thamel and ESPN

I don't know why we can't just say "he's a good runner, has a warrior attitude that inspires his teammates, and is an inconsistent thrower" ... Who disagrees?

If Tommy had won out, I'd be wanting him to get better at the things he was inconsistent on too. It gets framed as "pick a side - is he Tom Brady or a TE - there is no middle ground" when it's obvious that he's got a timeshare in the middle ground
He is an inconsistent thrower and very clearly needs work on that. But that’s different than saying he can’t throw and generally the responses you are seeing are in response to that position. He’s not an interception machine and he’s been hurt by his receivers as much as helped, while throwing both nice and hideous passes. But if a good QB coach can help him get more consistent he’s exactly the profile of QB that has historically made our offenses work and they don’t just grow on trees.

This sounds an awful lot like the paradox of Schrödinger's cat. (note the umlaut ;)
Reservoir Dogs 1992 - Michael Madsen as Mr. Blonde when answering what might have happened to Mr. Blue. By far one of my favorite movies of all time.

You ever listen to K Billy's Super Sounds of the Seventies?

He hit him in stride while getting crushed. He had to catch it over the DB because that’s where he was on the field. It was a great play by Alford but the ball was exactly where it needed to be while having a DL crushing him.

But yeah you’re right it’s all on Alford :confused:

Looking at that replay, amazing Shrader got that pass off. What was the OL thinking? Blocking assignments just totally missed. Man!

Reservoir Dogs 1992 - Michael Madsen as Mr. Blonde when answering what might have happened to Mr. Blue. By far one of my favorite movies of all time.

I've never even heard of any of the names you mention.
Sorry.

He is an inconsistent thrower and very clearly needs work on that. But that’s different than saying he can’t throw and generally the responses you are seeing are in response to that position. He’s not an interception machine and he’s been hurt by his receivers as much as helped, while throwing both nice and hideous passes. But if a good QB coach can help him get more consistent he’s exactly the profile of QB that has historically made our offenses work and they don’t just grow on trees.
Agreed. That’s why my post tried to strike the middle ground.

I’m excited that he’ll have a new OC and a new QB coach. If it’s the UVA guys - I think we’ll see a better version of GS. And that should improve the outlook around here… maybe ;)

Yes. That and the bourbon thread
drinking-whiskey.gif
Which is still pouring along.

For the record - she was not following any of these accounts yesterday when I checked. It was only the Cuse FB account and Dino. So those are all recent follows as of this morning. Great news.
THIS ^^^^^ is what I meant the other day when I asked if anyone was checking flight aware or doing that type of sleuthing. Great work...

Agree

For the record - she was not following any of these accounts yesterday when I checked. It was only the Cuse FB account and Dino. So those are all recent follows as of this morning. Great news.

Do Mormons troll? If so, could be an epic troll.

Great flick

I don't know why we can't just say "he's a good runner, has a warrior attitude that inspires his teammates, and is an inconsistent thrower" ... Who disagrees?

If Tommy had won out, I'd be wanting him to get better at the things he was inconsistent on too. It gets framed as "pick a side - is he Tom Brady or a TE - there is no middle ground" when it's obvious that he's got a timeshare in the middle ground
Agree. If I was Dino, I'd still bring in someone from the portal to compete with him for the job. Worst case scenario, you end up with a quality backup, which we have needed over the years.

I don't know, but it appears that the LDS church is only a half a mile up the road from Manley. That has to help, right?
I'd certainly think that's a bonus. Not a member but I've played a lot of basketball at their churches in multiple cities/states. Usually have an open gym morning/night at least 1 or 2 days a week.