SU Targeting Robert Anae as New OC / Jason Beck as New QB Coach per Thamel and ESPN | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

SU Targeting Robert Anae as New OC / Jason Beck as New QB Coach per Thamel and ESPN

Depends on how they feel about Jacobian and Lamson.

I'd be shocked if they're not evaluating those in the portal, in the hopes of bringing in one. Pretty dangerous to only have 3 QBs on the roster. One of which didn't have a senior year of HS, so only has one development year under the previous OC.

I'd be shocked if they're not evaluating those in the portal, in the hopes of bringing in one. Pretty dangerous to only have 3 QBs on the roster. One of which didn't have a senior year of HS, so only has one development year under the previous OC.
Agree. Have posted this before, but I would be extremely surprised if we did not take at least one QB in the portal. That QB might well have ties to whoever the new OC and/or QB coach are.

Do Mormons troll? If so, could be an epic troll.
Oh, we absolutely do. But I wouldn't assume that's what's happening.
I don't know, but it appears that the LDS church is only a half a mile up the road from Manley. That has to help, right?
That was my church building growing up. Depending on where they live that may or may not be their building though. There are others in the area.

We definitely need one more QB. We have had to use our 4th string QB before, so it's never out of the realm of possibility

Agree. Have posted this before, but I would be extremely surprised if we did not take at least one QB in the portal. That QB might well have ties to whoever the new OC and/or QB coach are.
Let's hope so. I strongly believe they should bring in 1-2 QBs every cycle. I realize this is a 2 way street - wanting to and being able to are not the same thing. But, it needs to be the philosophy. There is no such thing as too much talent in the QB room. QB1 and QB2 should always be an open competition every off season. The numbers will take care of themselves.

There is obviously a major paradigm shift going on within the program. They are actively looking for talent everywhere ("no stones left unturned"), as they should. The staff is changing. The offense is "evolving." The defense already has. ST coaching has been addressed. OL was addressed. And the players are buying in...again. This was not the case the Sunday after the Pitt loss.

So what I'm gathering is if they are indeed coming here, the idea is Beck is still going to call plays for the Fenway Bowl on the 29th.

So maybe an announcement the 30th or 31st?

Oh, we absolutely do. But I wouldn't assume that's what's happening.

That was my church building growing up. Depending on where they live that may or may not be their building though. There are others in the area.
Ever had occasion to visit the temple in Laie? Used to live right across the street. Beautiful building.

Ever had occasion to visit the temple in Laie? Used to live right across the street. Beautiful building.

I was there for a tour a few weeks back and it was the creepiest place I've ever visited in my entire life. I was very uncomfortable.

I have not, and consider it one of the mistakes of my life that I've yet to ever make it to Hawaii.

So what I'm gathering is if they are indeed coming here, the idea is Beck is still going to call plays for the Fenway Bowl on the 29th.

So maybe an announcement the 30th or 31st?
I mean….isn’t it possible that this is a done deal and we are more than okay with Beck showing what he can do as a play caller?

I mean….isn’t it possible that this is a done deal and we are more than okay with Beck showing what he can do as a play caller?

We're currently in a dead period so they can't officially go on the road and recruit for us. So there's no urgency on that front to get them on staff officially. I suppose with the portal, though, it would be nice for transfers to know what the offensive staff will look like. But that could be unofficially communicated to the guys we're interested in anyway. It could also be the case that Beck leaving early might mean forfeiting some bonus money. Who knows?

Check out these two links...

Anae made $650K last year. Beck made $390K. My assumption is that if we're going to bring them on staff, we will be paying them just as much if not more. Wildhack is definitely doubling down on his Babers bet.

Check out these two links...

Anae made $650K last year. Beck made $390K. My assumption is that if we're going to bring them on staff, we will be paying them just as much if not more. Wildhack is definitely doubling down on his Babers bet.
Omg yes. Both would be getting 6 figure bumps. I would think we’re in the 1-3M - 1.5M range for the pair. And that kind on money here buys a looooooooot more house and creature comforts than C-Ville.

So let’s put this in perspective. The wife of an assistant FB coach at UVA, who allegedly is being pursued by Syracuse university, is following Mike McAllister on Twitter.

No offense to Mike, but if I’m her, I’m not letting him clutter my Twitter feed with updates on some random long snapper from New Haven during Christmas time in the middle of a friggin pandemic unless I absolutely have to.

So let’s put this in perspective. The wife of an assistant FB coach at UVA, who allegedly is being pursued by Syracuse university, is following Mike McAllister on Twitter.

No offense to Mike, but if I’m her, I’m not letting him clutter my Twitter feed with updates on some random long snapper from New Haven during Christmas time in the middle of a friggin pandemic unless I absolutely have to.

Maybe she's a Philly Eagles fan?

How dare you, that long snapper could finally be the missing piece!

Omg yes. Both would be getting 6 figure bumps. I would think we’re in the 1-3M - 1.5M range for the pair. And that kind on money here buys a looooooooot more house and creature comforts than C-Ville.
I know it doesn’t work this way but UVA’s offense (3) with SU’s defense (20) this year is in the playoffs.

I agree to pair those guys with White and the new specials coach, open the check book.

This is Marrone, Nathaniel, and Shafer level stuff.

I don't know, but it appears that the LDS church is only a half a mile up the road from Manley. That has to help, right?
Hendricks Chapel at SU has a LDS student association