Summer 2019 S&C | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Summer 2019 S&C

Syracuse University Football Strength and Conditioning posted a bunch of pictures yesterday. Kpogba and Jonathan look ripped and Joe Rondi in the background looks to be a very large young man. Abdul Adams pushing weight. Hats off to Coach Edinger and his Staff. Go Orange!!!!!!!!!!

Syracuse University Football Strength and Conditioning posted a bunch of pictures yesterday. Kpogba and Jonathan look ripped and Joe Rondi in the background looks to be a very large young man. Abdul Adams pushing weight. Hats off to Coach Edinger and his Staff. Go Orange!!!!!

You are always welcome to posts those pics.

Syracuse University Football Strength and Conditioning posted a bunch of pictures yesterday. Kpogba and Jonathan look ripped and Joe Rondi in the background looks to be a very large young man. Abdul Adams pushing weight. Hats off to Coach Edinger and his Staff. Go Orange!!!!!
sure the staff gets some credit but its the boys who are getting it done ! speaking of boys my boy did 225x 23 today ! qb's don't bench at the combine but id bet 23 would be up there .

Interesting read Jack. Always open to new view points and perspectives. Maybe it's ok. I am 50 now and absolutely techniques may have morphed but in my heavy lifting years I never had one trainer instruct back arch or bounce. So that is just my experience. Again things change so maybe it is a more accepted method and if so happy to stand corrected. Thanks for sharing the article though.
The arch give kids less distance from sternum to ext. Defranco actually teaches to press slightly away with extreme arch to minimize distance especially on reps at 225. If u can take an inch off of one rep then when u do 30 it’s 30 less inches.

sure the staff gets some credit but its the boys who are getting it done ! speaking of boys my boy did 225x 23 today ! qb's don't bench at the combine but id bet 23 would be up there .
Are they also working on keeping his mobility thru his throwing motion so he doesn’t get too stiff?

Are they also working on keeping his mobility thru his throwing motion so he doesn’t get too stiff?
They basically have him doing bar speed reps
To build explosiveness, no heavy squats anymore for him . He throws so much , and has a stretching routine to keep him loose
I saw him throw 4th of July and his ball is coming out fast and even harder it’s something to see . We were like wow . If you were at the spring game he let one go and although only a few thousand people were there you heard them go Oooohhhhhh
As a natural reaction that was pretty cool

He is also his heaviest at 216 which is perfect hopefully he gets a few more as you lose some over the season 215 playing weight is perfect for him . Deshaun Watson was 205
Tom Brady 213 in college

He is also his heaviest at 216 which is perfect hopefully he gets a few more as you lose some over the season 215 playing weight is perfect for him . Deshaun Watson was 205
Tom Brady 213 in college
That’s awesome. Is he doing a lot of rotator cuff exercises as part of his lifting. I know u don’t want too much with the amount of throwing he does. Sorry I ask so many ? I just love the science of it. Also how much band work does the team do.

That’s awesome. Is he doing a lot of rotator cuff exercises as part of his lifting. I know u don’t want too much with the amount of throwing he does. Sorry I ask so many ? I just love the science of it. Also how much band work does the team do.
I don’t know what the team does as far as band work . They Tweek some stuff for some body types . Tommy and a few others do additional training outside of the team as well
The month of August he is going to up his stretching , yoga stuff to try to avoid injuries on the field . Not easy as they have zero time .
I wish camp was 6 weeks and shorter days it’s to much in to short of time . The rules apply to every team but IMO spreading it out would make it better

I don’t know what the team does as far as band work . They Tweek some stuff for some body types . Tommy and a few others do additional training outside of the team as well
The month of August he is going to up his stretching , yoga stuff to try to avoid injuries on the field . Not easy as they have zero time .
I wish camp was 6 weeks and shorter days it’s to much in to short of time . The rules apply to every team but IMO spreading it out would make it better
When does camp start?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom