Summer 2019 S&C | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Summer 2019 S&C

Curious to see if he takes on a Kyle Kleinberg-like role in the offense this year - second blocker out of the backfield with Elmore.

IMO not if he's still 205-210.

Really? He was the guy during a long successful stretch and that’s what you wanna say? Wow ( response to Will Hicks comment)
Yeah. The change was good, but he did a lot of good while he was working with the team. There's a reason Freeney kept coming back to him in the off season.

Really? He was the guy during a long successful stretch and that’s what you wanna say? Wow ( response to Will Hicks comment)
Except he was hired in 2000 and removed when DFB came on board.

He was the S&C coach during the darkest 15 years ever for the program.

Gerber (and C. Parker.. who is now also back) was the guy(s) during the 90’s heyday when we had multiple dudes faster than life.

Last edited:
Except he was hired in 2000 and removed when DFB came on board.

He was the S&C coach during the darkest 15 years ever for the program.

Gerber (and C. Parker.. who is now also back) was the guy(s) during the 90’s heyday when we had multiple dudes faster than life.
Cory knows his shiiiiiiiit. Funny as hell too.

Cisco is getting pretty big. A bigger, stronger version is going to be really fun to watch.

Drives me nuts. The only thing I am not happy about with them. Everything else is perfect.
There was a bit of bar bouncing off a few chests as well.(not all of them though). Lifting hipsbutt off and bouncing chest is not good technique. I get they were running max reps in the vid but you have to control the weight on the way down as much as making a clean push back up...Still the team is building really good strength. That much is clear from all the vids overall.

Was working out with a buddy who’s a s&c guy. Saw him arching on his bench. Asked him about it and he told me it’s the new big thing in the s&c world. He sent me this as being an article that pushed him towards arching.

The Sr
Was working out with a buddy who’s a s&c guy. Saw him arching on his bench. Asked him about it and he told me it’s the new big thing in the s&c world. He sent me this as being an article that pushed him towards arching.

i agree arching the back rounding it off is ok but the whole but thing 1 ft off the bench makes the lift a decline in my opinion when I would have a lot of our guys do incline as much as bench. As u know being a lineman your mostly bent over throwing hands which in the end looks more like a low incline movement. But anyways I can talk this stuff all day. I should have said less butt more arch. Cory Parker told me when Austin was young as he was teaching him hang cleans that a lot of guys rock back and forth to get momentum for the lift where if u dip once and go ur using more muscle and mid force than rocking so I kinda made sure all my kids had perfect form. I’m just old fashioned I guess on top of that I could never bench more than 350 anyways. Wasn’t natural at all to me. I would love their reasoning cause as u say maybe their is some mechanical aspect of why the do it.

im all about, and all for form but they only do this on testing days. At 50 I rarely bench I use dumbells as it builds stabilizing muscles even more and I do cable bench is even better .Than when I do bench im stronger . Im actually hitting 405 on bench , months ago I was in therapy for multiple injuries and never thought I could go heavy again but oddly the heavier I went the more the pain was going away now im pain free and racking almost every machine in the place . Im also able to arm wrestle again after not being able to pick up a pillow from severe tendonitis . So for me heavy weights cured me .

Arch I'm good with. I do it myself. But stays planted though

Interesting read Jack. Always open to new view points and perspectives. Maybe it's ok. I am 50 now and absolutely techniques may have morphed but in my heavy lifting years I never had one trainer instruct back arch or bounce. So that is just my experience. Again things change so maybe it is a more accepted method and if so happy to stand corrected. Thanks for sharing the article though.

I’ve been lifting fir 38 years im a form guy but when your maxing out bounce , arch whatever it takes to get it up . When I max and I shouldn’t I still have form but I don’t dis credit
There lifts .
I didn’t mean that at all as the staff and other schools let it happen. In my opinion I would change that to an arch not a but up lift that’s all. I am a stickler for form and I always have been. Kids will do what they are allowed to do and I understand that a lot. Didn’t mean any offense to the kids. Did I accidentally downtalk their performance. If I did I didn’t mean too.

I do have to say the the previous staff also allowed it as I have been in there around four times watching what they did and how.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom