Summer Sessions 1 & 2 | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Summer Sessions 1 & 2

Again the coaches are right their so I'm going to say for a fact the coaches are not worried about it. Another thing is I'm sure they know these clips are going to be on social media so they make sure things are pretty legit you would think right?
You put 700 pounds of weight on your back with shoes with air in them, you’ve made a bad decision.

Many strength coaches would argue against using a belt, up until certain weights. Knee wraps, as well. Whether it's legit or not, the poster was just expressing his opinion about the usage, or not, of such. You, however, made a broad assumption about those who expressed their concerns. That's all I was pointing out.
Right we’re not talking 315 pound squats. We’re talking 600-700 pounds. Everything needs to be right was all I’m saying. Although my gym is technique obsessed I’ll give em that.

They have all the equipment u neeed. I have been in there multiple times and they are as safe as lifting 700 lbs can be. I see some kids like Slayton who hit 700 lb squat deep 3 reps in a row and he could done it 8 to 10 times. With four guys around him and a belt. Some guys yesterday didn’t go parallel but they don’t push that cause in Football ur rarely in a parallel squat stance. These lifting coaches know what they are doing up there. I would have my son lift there and would never worry about it at all. There job is to get the most out of u and build each kids weakness and every kid has a weakness but they are all different.

Look the Syracuse University Strength and Conditioning Staff is extremely professional, knowledgeable and safety conscious. In other words they know what they are doing and they do it very very well. Keep em going coaches, the hard work is paying off. Go Orange!!!!!!!!!!

The lack of proper equipment is scary. Lack of belts, shoes, wraps. This stuff protects you! Come on S&C!
They all have belts. It's called the transverse abdominis. Hopefully, they've been taught how to use it properly, and not just with squats.

You put 700 pounds of weight on your back with shoes with air in them, you’ve made a bad decision.

I fixed it for you. ;)

Obviously I'm kidding, but the reality is for someone like me, i'm pretty sure my spine would actually snap under that weight. And no I'm not kidding about that.

I fixed it for you. ;)

Obviously I'm kidding, but the reality is for someone like me, i'm pretty sure my spine would actually snap under that weight. And no I'm not kidding about that.
Ha! Hence your name!

I hadn’t looked at this thread in awhile. I think I’m glad.

(I think)

There are comments in about a dozen posts upthread that made me scroll up to see if it was your handiwork.

I was a bit surprised (and somewhat disappointed) they didn’t come from you because the double entendre is hilarious.

Last edited:
The running back group should be fun to keep an eye on.

Indeed, i think any dynamic frosh who can understand the offense and pass block. That's usually the deal breaker with young backs.

The running back group should be fun to keep an eye on.

Indeed. I expect Neal to be #1 with Strickland splitting out more and getting less carries but they're clearly 1 & 2 heading into camp. If Pierre, Howard or even Dixon get quality minutes then look out. I think Pierre will be solidly in the mix. Howard looks to have the more complete package (power, speed, natural RB ability) and Dixon the power back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom