Summer Sessions 1 & 2 | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Summer Sessions 1 & 2

1530553310211.png

Belts! The S&C team must be lurking.

Last edited:
Anyone get numbers from their combine today? Would be interested to see some of the results. I will say that at least we are starting to look like a legit ACC football team. Lots of guys seem to be excelling in the S&C program

My understanding is that it wasn’t a full combine. Shuttles bench, l drill. Vert .a few guys ran 40s. Heard Strick ran a 3.9x shuttle. ...I think the absence of numbers showing up on line is not a good sign...

Personally, I don't get the excitement over this kind of stuff. It looks good in a picture or video but that's all. Does it help? Of course, being stronger and faster are good things. Technique at your position, focus, health, the size of your competition, etc can all screw the pooch no matter how big and strong you look in the pictures.

My understanding is that it wasn’t a full combine. Shuttles bench, l drill. Vert .a few guys ran 40s. Heard Strick ran a 3.9x shuttle. ...I think the absence of numbers showing up on line is not a good sign...
Tommy Had a 3.9 shuttle as well , nobody ran 40's no need to risk a hammy , not stuff they want to post . 25 days till camp !

Personally, I don't get the excitement over this kind of stuff. It looks good in a picture or video but that's all. Does it help? Of course, being stronger and faster are good things. Technique at your position, focus, health, the size of your competition, etc can all screw the pooch no matter how big and strong you look in the pictures.

Bigger, stronger athletes are typically better and more successful athletes.
Especially in regards to football.

Doesn't really matter how good your technique is, if the dude across from you is WAAAAAY bigger and stronger than you are.

Ideally, all of our players would have ALL of those attributes - and I'd imagine our coaches are working on all of them. But you can't really post up stuff on social media about "focus" or "health", so they post these sorts of things, which are easily quantifiable and impressive even to the casual fan.

Doesn't really matter how good your technique is, if the dude across from you is WAAAAAY bigger and stronger than you are.

Ideally, all of our players would have ALL of those attributes - and I'd imagine our coaches are working on all of them. But you can't really post up stuff on social media about "focus" or "health", so they post these sorts of things, which are easily quantifiable and impressive even to the casual fan.

So if you're playing Clemson or FSU, etc and the dude across from you is WAAAAAY bigger and stronger than you are, you're kind of screwed anyway, right?

This stuff means alot, our s&c team getting their hands on these guys means the world in our team and individual development.

Agree, the first step is attaining the measurables, then its gameday technique and beating guys at the LOS. This phase is huge.

It’s the same stuff every year. Hopefully as guys stay in a s&c program throughout college they’ll be able to do more than the year before. I guess it gives some people jonesing for the start of football season something to look at and get excited about.

I completely agree.

Also, no matter how much a person can lift, someday they're still going to die.

It’s the same stuff every year. Hopefully as guys stay in a s&c program throughout college they’ll be able to do more than the year before. I guess it gives some people jonesing for the start of football season something to look at and get excited about.
Unfortunately it’s not the same, it’s better than previous years. These coaches know what they want and how to get it. Training as I learned with my son is a huge difference. He was at su camp, all 5’9” 1/2 of him at 205 and they 5-10-5 him and he hit 4.07 which is awesome. Of course he trained for this and other star kids were in 4.4 areas. It’s practicing motor skills that u would use in game. The speed and strength thing is light years ahead of my old unniversal lol.we got good guys

Well Chip at least...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom