Summer Workouts | Syracusefan.com

Summer Workouts

I hope no line man do that drill. They should only be on flat ground.
I just cannot believe there is not another exercise that work the same muscle groups with less risk of injury. I could see someone misstep and smash their shin or twist a knee or ankle.

I just cannot believe there is not another exercise that work the same muscle groups with less risk of injury. I could see someone misstep and smash their shin or twist a knee or ankle.
These guys do insane box jumps. That’s fine.

I don't get too excited over summer workout videos. Every team does similar stuff and preaches how nobody will outwork them. The key isn't the guys who work hard in the summer, it's how many loaf. Every team had some loafers and you never see them in the videos.

Athletes have been doing speed hurdle/box jumps since they were kids. It’s a universal workout that’s needed for all positions. What are we talking about here? PTSD from Cuse football is getting the most of you. Lol.

Athletes have been doing speed hurdle/box jumps since they were kids. It’s a universal workout that’s needed for all positions. What are we talking about here? PTSD from Cuse football is getting the most of you. Lol.

yeah, that stuff is Plyo 101.

Football is all about explosive movements, start & stop, cutting and change of direction.
You've gotta train for that stuff.
Or the injuries in games would be exponentially worse than they already are.

yeah, that stuff is Plyo 101.

Football is all about explosive movements, start & stop, cutting and change of direction.
You've gotta train for that stuff.
Or the injuries in games would be exponentially worse than they already are.
Omg. Yes. You walk into any training facility in the country and you will see kids doing them. My buddy’s place has 4 year olds going through circuit training drills.

Omg. Yes. You walk into any training facility in the country and you will see kids doing them. My buddy’s place has 4 year olds going through circuit training drills.
I have no issues with training or box jumps etc. my only concern was jumping on the bleachers. Feel there are a number of drills that train same area with less risk of injury.

I have no issues with training or box jumps etc. my only concern was jumping on the bleachers. Feel there are a number of drills that train same area with less risk of injury.
oh gotcha. Yeah I guess there's a level of risk in any type of training. We do bleacher drills every summer with our team. I dont think there's ever been a lineman get hurt. I’ve seen some get hurt off sprints though. Lol.

oh gotcha. Yeah I guess there's a level of risk in any type of training. We do bleacher drills every summer with our team. I dont think there's ever been a lineman get hurt. I’ve seen some get hurt off sprints though. Lol.
I just always worry about this team recently. I’m not sure what su rate of injury versus other teams but it seems like we always have a number of players out injured.

I just always worry about this team recently. I’m not sure what su rate of injury versus other teams but it seems like we always have a number of players out injured.
I don’t blame you at all.

Everyone please hold the railing going down the stairs. Especially the o-linemen.
No worries. Here's a pic from the oline workout portion.
zorb-ball-human-hamster-balls-inflatable.jpg

Our Oline would also need bubble wrap prior to going into the bubble.
To be fair - that pic is a bubble inside of a bubble. Double Bubble. ;-)

Still can't believe we had 6? guys down, last year. Even if Bleich was allowed to play- like every other transfer in the nation - who knows if he would have been available.

Last edited:

Has anyone ever been injured doing these? I don't recall any. So risk of injury is 0%.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom