Summer Workouts | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Summer Workouts

Has anyone ever been injured doing these? I don't recall any. So risk of injury is 0%.

No matter what one does there is a risk of injury. Didn't someone get hurt walking last year?

As for this exercise there is a risk of one's foot slipping on the small landing zone metal bleacher. I don't see how this even translates to football. When would a player be jumping from a small not completely stable starting point and landing forward onto a small not completely stable landing point? What benefit is using the bleachers vs using the stairs, which reduces the risk?

No matter what one does there is a risk of injury. Didn't someone get hurt walking last year?

As for this exercise there is a risk of one's foot slipping on the small landing zone metal bleacher. I don't see how this even translates to football. When would a player be jumping from a small not completely stable starting point and landing forward onto a small not completely stable landing point? What benefit is using the bleachers vs using the stairs, which reduces the risk?
So running up hills and stairs is a bad thing now? Rocky fooled everyone. That had nothing to do with throwing punches. There’s risk in anything but this is very low. You still have to train the athletes for competition

So running up hills and stairs is a bad thing now? Rocky fooled everyone. That had nothing to do with throwing punches. There’s risk in anything but this is very low. You still have to train the athletes for competition

Where did I say that?

Where did I say that?
My bad I was being sarcastic. Running bleachers/hills has been a conditioning/training has been universally used for a long time. There’s risk with it but I haven’t heard of any players getting hurt from it. It just doesn’t happen often enough to worry about it. The players do those workouts on their own as well.

My bad I was being sarcastic. Running bleachers/hills has been a conditioning/training has been universally used for a long time. There’s risk with it but I haven’t heard of any players getting hurt from it. It just doesn’t happen often enough to worry about it. The players do those workouts on their own as well.

I was referencing the video where they are jumping bleacher to bleacher. From a training perspective there are plenty of dynamic effort exercises that are better for performance and safety. From a conditioning perspective the same can be said as well. It would make more sense to jump from the concrete in front of the bleacher and land on the concrete on the next level. You have more surface area to both jump from and land. Plus that area is solid.

I was referencing the video where they are jumping bleacher to bleacher. From a training perspective there are plenty of dynamic effort exercises that are better for performance and safety. From a conditioning perspective the same can be said as well. It would make more sense to jump from the concrete in front of the bleacher and land on the concrete on the next level. You have more surface area to both jump from and land. Plus that area is solid.
Agree. That’s makes sense. That was also just one clip though. I’m sure they did a series of different jumps. Maybe they were targeting a particular muscle group on that clip. Might have had them jump on concrete during other jumps.

Syracuse football has officially added eight scholarship players for Summer Session I, an SU Athletics spokesperson said in an email. The Orange's most recent batch of enrollees includes New Mexico State safety transfer Jason Simmons Jr. as well as junior college offensive lineman Jakob Bradford.

The rest of the group is composed of high school signees: defensive linemen Elijah Fuentes and Jatius Geer, wide receiver Oronde Gadsden II, offensive lineman Wes Hoeh, running back Josh Hough and edge defender Derek McDonald.

Syracuse football has officially added eight scholarship players for Summer Session I, an SU Athletics spokesperson said in an email. The Orange's most recent batch of enrollees includes New Mexico State safety transfer Jason Simmons Jr. as well as junior college offensive lineman Jakob Bradford.

The rest of the group is composed of high school signees: defensive linemen Elijah Fuentes and Jatius Geer, wide receiver Oronde Gadsden II, offensive lineman Wes Hoeh, running back Josh Hough and edge defender Derek McDonald.
According to my list, we're still waiting on:

Cruz, Ellis, Hatcher, Kauhi, Long, Magnuson, Matthew, Roon, Chase Simmons.

What’s going on in this picture? Are they teaching them how to recognize poison ivy?

8A4AE4B4-67D6-4F3B-9A49-B8ADF351E82C.jpeg

Last edited:
I don’t see Tommy in that photo but TD posted he was at Dave and Busters last night

could have been the whole team thing and they just took a group photo?

idk either way, great to see them really building team chemistry this off season.

Ive seen a lot of photos of them at Green Lakes etc etc etc

LB group outing. I noticed KInsler. It was rumored that Linton was moved to DE so it makes sense for him not to be in this picture.

Roll call: can anyone name these players, L-R?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom