Summer Workouts | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Summer Workouts

Great article. Can't wait to see them play. I said earlier that Symir might surprise us. It's far from guaranteed, but I think there's a real chance he's a whole different player out there this year. A little bit of scoring and the jumper threat from Sy would help this team a lot.

From the article: "Judah and me really like to heat up the ball.”

Symir looked like an elite level man defender in that last Duke game. Judah will surprise people with his D (we already know he can score from all 3 levels coming in). These 2 together playing ball pressure D could be an X factor this season. Could be one of the better guard tandems on defense that we've seen in a while.

Do you really believe this?

I mean, really?

If there is a year to have some hope to believe it I would say this is the year. First losing season, a ton of frustration that is palpable among the fanbase.. a lukewarm vibe among '23 recruits and JB the last man standing amongst the oldguard of legends. If current circumstance doesn't make it happen.. then none would.

That doesn't mean I have a higher belief but I'll risk a few million Shiba Coin betting on it.

Not sure I believe it, but the three guards are all likely better options than playing Bunch or Taylor.

Yup. Also both those guys are talented but ideal to learn off the bench or with more limited minutes at first. Symir with a reliable shot is an unexpected variable.

Wow best off season article of the summer. Watching the video you can see the change in Symirs shot. Its clear as day. That is a game changer. His comments on Maliq and Copeland are interesting too.. very interesting.

Agreed -- exciting to see.

Based upon that one single picture which means nothing, defensively on the back line, Brown is the 4, Carey the 5 and Taylor the 3.
Was in Syracuse a couple weeks ago, and heard some info on a few of the players.

Heard Peter Carey is freakishly athletic, and getting stronger. Hima "takes up space". Mintz is really good. Benny Williams not so much. Joe Girard could lead the ACC in scoring.

Also heard Boeheim has been ripping Seth Greenburg like nobody's business on the Buddy call that ended his career. Hope he lets that stuff go.

Was in Syracuse a couple weeks ago, and heard some info on a few of the players.

Heard Peter Carey is freakishly athletic, and getting stronger. Hima "takes up space". Mintz is really good. Benny Williams not so much. Joe Girard could lead the ACC in scoring.

Also heard Boeheim has been ripping Seth Greenburg like nobody's business on the Buddy call that ended his career. Hope he lets that stuff go.
Mintz being really good and JB ripping up Greenburg is all I can believe. I guess maybe Hima taking up space…

Sucks on Benny- he looked a lot better in the overseas exhibitions..

Not going to lie, that was my big fear with respect to Benny, after seeing his generally lackluster performance on that summer tour. Or he dispels those fears once the season starts.

Really hoping Benny can be a 10 and 8 guy this year. Doesn't sound like it from some reports, but with the potential emergence of Judah (and moving Joe off the ball), still hopeful this could pan out.

Really hoping Benny can be a 10 and 8 guy this year. Doesn't sound like it from some reports, but with the potential emergence of Judah (and moving Joe off the ball), still hopeful this could pan out.
I've tempered my expectations for him a bit, but 10 and 8 doesn't seem outlandish.

My biggest disappointment in him comes from two misguided expectations after reading about him in high school:

1) He doesn't shoot as well as expected. His next made fade away jumper will be his first. 1 made three in a season is disheartening, especially since he wasn't shooting covered threes.

2) We were sold on a kid with some guard dribbling skills that should have been dangerous of the dribble, particularly against big forwards and with his athletic ability to finish.

However, he still has a 6'8" 210lb athletic body with long limbs and quick feet. Even if his disappointing shooting and ball handling don't improve dramatically, Williams should be able to finish in close. He'll get his chances on the break, receiving drive and dish passes, making good cuts to the basket and by offensive rebounding. The team being completely dependant on made threes last year hurt Williams a lot. Having an offense keyed in movement, posting Edwards up and penetration should make things a lot easier for him to score.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom