Summer Workouts | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Summer Workouts

What they DON'T have at this point and what Autry and Co. must pound into them the next 4 months, is the BELIEF that this group CAN beat anyone...to SEE it for themselves and to EXPECT it from themselves.
It's going to be both interesting and fun to watch this group grow and improve.
How do you know what the team believes? Most high level competitors believe they are better than who they are lining up against.

How do you know what the team believes? Most high level competitors believe they are better than who they are lining up against.
This is a program that has played .500 ball for the last 2 years. Not close to receiving an NCAA bid.
The 2-3 zone was often shredded and the coach "retired". It was pretty obvious that CUSE was more vulnerable than competitive.
New and young faces need to leave this behind and create a new culture/attitude.

This is a program that has played .500 ball for the last 2 years. Not close to receiving an NCAA bid.
The 2-3 zone was often shredded and the coach "retired". It was pretty obvious that CUSE was more vulnerable than competitive.
New and young faces need to leave this behind and create a new culture/attitude.
I say these guys believe that if they are allowed to play aggressive defense and offense and they have good depth and a year’s experience behind them, they will win. If you don’t believe you are going to win, especially at the beginning of a season, GTF out of the gym.

I would say that's definitely a good thing though. Lack of energy/intensity has tended to feel like a problem over our most recent stretch.

At times felt like you could overlay mall music with some of our defensive possessions.
I just have a hard time believing this didn’t happen in august of past years. Feels to me like the only true difference is we are embracing social media far more, and better. Maybe it’s different, but I just doubt it. I also can’t believe that JB would have been that involved in the summer sessions, especially the “cardio training” section of it. Observant, sure. And maybe that’s the difference.

I just have a hard time believing this didn’t happen in august of past years. Feels to me like the only true difference is we are embracing social media far more, and better. Maybe it’s different, but I just doubt it. I also can’t believe that JB would have been that involved in the summer sessions, especially the “cardio training” section of it. Observant, sure. And maybe that’s the difference.

Could be social media for sure in terms of what's being pushed out under Red vs under JB. It can also be as simple as mtm and pressure D is different and looks different thus a zone team's practice looks and feels less intense on camera in practice. In games it shared that too.. some of that being personnel driven.

I do fully expect personnel is playing it's role here. We've lacked a true leader on the floor for several years. Seems Judah is happy to take that on based on what we know. That may be a big part. We had lots of intensity to go around up through 2016.

I have no idea what I just saw. But that’s okay. Some things in life can remain a mystery.
That type of energy has been missing for the last 8 years.
You look at the highlights of the dunk tapes from the DC, Billy, Stevie, and Sherm years. That type of enthusiasm was always there.

None of these players has anything on me. I’ve put on at least 10 lbs during the offseason and I’m still not even close to being done. I’ll include tik Tok footage of my late night Uber eats deliveries from McDonald’s . Gotta put in the work . Those 20 nuggets aren’t eating themselves

None of these players has anything on me. I’ve put on at least 10 lbs during the offseason and I’m still not even close to being done. I’ll include tik Tok footage of my late night Uber eats deliveries from McDonald’s . Gotta put in the work . Those 20 nuggets aren’t eating themselves

Winner of the random post of the week right here!

Does anyone have updates on the guys they're willing to share?

Does anyone know whether Red's intention is to start Bell and have Westry come off the bench? And is Westry healthy? Anyone slated for more or less minutes than we would have guessed?

Does anyone have updates on the guys they're willing to share?

Does anyone know whether Red's intention is to start Bell and have Westry come off the bench? And is Westry healthy? Anyone slated for more or less minutes than we would have guessed?
I’m wondering if Westry is healthy. Haven’t seen any videos of him at all.

Red is smart. Biggest current Cuse name in NBA.. mad props to bringing him in and glad to see Jerami back on campus. Always amazed how chill and expressionless he still is after all these years yet such a crazy hard worker off and on the court
Yeah definitely laid back kind of guy off the court.. but also gotta think that this video is set up for the purpose of making a social media video and that he was already around the team and had expressed more when off camera.. it didn’t seem like he trying to put on an act or be overly inspirational just for the sake of doing so.. so he just kept it real which for Jerami is calm and cool

I do acting and love to analyze and get into the weeds with these sort of things lol

Yeah definitely laid back kind of guy off the court.. but also gotta think that this video is set up for the purpose of making a social media video and that he was already around the team and had expressed more when off camera.. it didn’t seem like he trying to put on an act or be overly inspirational just for the sake of doing so.. so he just kept it real which for Jerami is calm and cool

I do acting and love to analyze and get into the weeds with these sort of things lol

Yeah it's definitely for the camera for sure albeit very natural for Jerami.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom