Super Bowl LVII Thread... | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Super Bowl LVII Thread...

It’s the worst call I’ve ever seen in any sport
worst-meal.gif

really people dont think that grabbing the jersey should be called on that? if he gets a clean break its a td.
Yeah I don’t get it either. DB got fooled on the same play for a 3rd time and grabbed the WR multiple times to make sure he couldn’t get open. The flag should have been thrown sooner I guess but it was an obvious penalty to me and likely saved a TD.

The playing surface is something the league should be embarrassed about, and the QB push plays need to be outlawed, but the refs were fine tonight IMO. Maybe the first game of the playoffs where it didn’t feel like they did an abhorrent job.

And won
Yes, the Chiefs won. Wasn’t your point that the Eagles would not have scored a FG with 1:30 left simply because of the length of their previous 6 scoring drives?

Yes, the Chiefs won. Wasn’t your point that the Eagles would not have scored a FG with 1:30 left simply because of the length of their previous 6 scoring drives?
Combined with the time, yes

I think the story of the game was the Eagles DL couldn’t get after a gimpy QB.

I was concerned they would dominate up front and really get after him. Never happened.
I saw a gimpy QB once and that was after he rolled his ankle on a scramble while getting tackled.

That QB was juiced up.. and even more so after the half...
old school tranquilizer GIF

Old School Reaction GIF

I saw a gimpy QB once and that was after he rolled his ankle on a scramble while getting tackled.

That QB was juiced up.. and even more so after the half...
old school tranquilizer GIF

Old School Reaction GIF
Lol, agreed. He definitely got a shot of something at halftime.

Pretty sad that they can't have the best of the best for the Super Bowl... let alone every Sunday in every stadium for that matter. Take care of your players, NFL.
I’ve learned from Welcome To Wrexham that it’s not as easy as it sounds to get a good field lol. And it sounds like they’ve been using the same company for the Super Bowl field forever and it’s never really been an issue?

Can’t make that call . Ruined a great game

Yup. A sour ending to a great game. It wasn't even a "don't make that call in that situation" thing, which I've never agreed with - the ref can decide the game by making or not making a valid call. That's something I wouldn't expect to be called in the third quarter of a game in October. And when I realized that that essentially ended the game, my stomach turned.

Why do NFL teams need 40 seconds to get a play off anyway? Canadians only get 20 seconds and it's 25 seconds in college. Why strange the end of the game with a 40 second clock?

Also, Bradberry grabbed him twice and didn’t react to the penalty whatsoever. He knew he messed up, and admitted as much afterwards.

I understand Eagles fans being upset - that’s a tough loss. I understand casuals wanting the most exciting and dramatic finish possible and being upset that it was anticlimactic.

But it was a penalty.

They pretty clearly were not running tempo for much of the game. The play clock wound down close to (or past) :00 at least a dozen times. Looked like their game plan was to keep Mahomes off of the field - it worked to some extent, as he had 182 yards passing

The fact that the Eagles previous drive took 4:07 (to a touchdown) doesn't mean they couldn't have gotten a field goal in the last 1:50.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom