Super Bowl LVII Thread... | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Super Bowl LVII Thread...

I thought the Eagles were getting the benefit of the refs most of the game. That last call isn't "contact" but tugging of the jersey. Those are 2 separate things. If it were just contact, then yes that is a BS call in that spot. But tugging of the jersey is an auto flag for these refs. If they see it, flag EVERY time.

If Bradbury admitted to it, I suppose we have to accept it. But I still think the receiver wasn't really impeded. Basically, he tried to hold him and failed.
Bradbury admitted to it because the NFL is an ecosystem, a very wealthy one, and clearly one of the NFL handlers got to him immediately to remind him how beneficial it is to toe the line if one wants to continue making $millions being a part of their league. Otherwise he'd have said "yeah, I touched him, like I do on every single play of every single route of every game, they just decided to call that one there".

The NFL money-generative narrative committee clearly believes that having one team/icon to knock off the hill is the best way to keep the ecosystem's coffers full(er) and they are going to get the next hill-topper post Brady come hell or high water...

Yes, the Chiefs won. Wasn’t your point that the Eagles would not have scored a FG with 1:30 left simply because of the length of their previous 6 scoring drives?
He's got a bad take and he's gonna stubbornly stick to it.

i dont get what your deal is on this point. how much time did they "need." That is how much time it took. that doesn't mean that if they had less time they couldnt have gone hurry up and scored in a shorter period of game time. You seem dead set on this point though. Have no idea why. It is completely illogical and not like your usual logical self.
Dude, you’re the one responding to me at 2 in the morning. You all are probably right, Eagles definitely would have gone the length of the field, gotten the field goal and the game would have gone to OT where Mahomes would have won it.

Thought the Eagles offense was great outside of the Hurts fumble(which obviously was a killer), but the defense no showed and the punt return by Toney were the differences in the game. Bradbury would have been better off letting Juju get open there to give up a TD with plenty of time for Philly to tie.

Dude, you’re the one responding to me at 2 in the morning. You all are probably right, Eagles definitely would have gone the length of the field, gotten the field goal and the game would have gone to OT where Mahomes would have won it.
Cause I work nights. It’s essentially early evening for me. This time of day is my late night . Not that the hour should change the merits of the content. But for real , are you an eagles fan? I don’t actually know.

Watched what I could of the game. Hard to do when at a party and with a couple small kids.

Didn't see exactly every detail of how the Chiefs took this from the Eagles, but just wanted to comment how absolutely boring it is to watch a team consume 2 whole minutes off the clock in an otherwise exciting game. Andy Reid staring the official down for 20 seconds was the play of the game apparently.

Bradshaw needs to go. He's just creepy at this point.

Andy! Big fella! Waddle over here. Yuck, yuck. So, are you retiring, or what? Yuck, yuck.

I have no idea what you're talking about with this deleted post nonsense. But back to the main point - the notion that a team couldn't put themselves in FG position with 1:45 left and one TO is just crazy. They not only could have tied it's also possible they score a TD to win it. To pronounce the game over at that juncture is nuts. I would think after further reflection you'd realize that's a really bad take.
When I tried to respond to your post originally, the system said it was no longer available. Don’t know if you were editing the original or a glitch in the matrix, but that’s why I thought it was deleted.

I think I saw a good game last night that was lost on a really terrible fumble and a defensive line that was supposed to dominate yet did next to nothing.

Cause I work nights. It’s essentially early evening for me. This time of day is my late night . Not that the hour should change the merits of the content. But for real , are you an eagles fan? I don’t actually know.
No, I actually don’t care about any specific team. I do root against the Pats and Boys actively though.

Bradbury admitted to it because the NFL is an ecosystem, a very wealthy one, and clearly one of the NFL handlers got to him immediately to remind him how beneficial it is to toe the line if one wants to continue making $millions being a part of their league. Otherwise he'd have said "yeah, I touched him, like I do on every single play of every single route of every game, they just decided to call that one there".

The NFL money-generative narrative committee clearly believes that having one team/icon to knock off the hill is the best way to keep the ecosystem's coffers full(er) and they are going to get the next hill-topper post Brady come hell or high water...
Come on man. These guys publically crap on the nfl left and right.

No, I actually don’t care about any specific team. I do root against the Pats and Boys actively though.
Oh . I figured you were pats fan being in VT.

When I tried to respond to your post originally, the system said it was no longer available. Don’t know if you were editing the original or a glitch in the matrix, but that’s why I thought it was deleted.

I think I saw a good game last night that was lost on a really terrible fumble and a defensive line that was supposed to dominate yet did next to nothing.
None of that was where I had any disagreement with you. C'mon man we all have bad takes now and again. Own it.

None of that was where I had any disagreement with you. C'mon man we all have bad takes now and again. Own it.
Really didn’t see the urgency at any point last night. All of the chunk plays, except one, were jump balls that could have easily been interceptions. Rushing game didn’t feel like it could pop off with a long one, and they didn’t target their very good tight end nearly enough.

But sure, you’ve proven your point, eagles would have tied the game.

As an Iggles' fan, I, of course, was disappointed.

However, the failure of the Birds' defensive playmakers to make even one key play and, of course, the horrible ST coverage of a horrible punt, were ultimately the key.

The Chiefs exposed holes in the Eagles' D that hadn't been holes all year.

So, I'm disappointed, but not angry. Ultimately, the Chiefs deserved to win.

I had zero confidence that the Chiefs would stop the Eagles.

But it was a penalty. Don’t hold. Twice. *shrug
I really don't get all the whining in this thread (and it's not confined to this game, or this board for that matter) that essentially say, "You can't make that call in that spot!"

In my eyes, it's either a penalty, or it's not. Minute 1 or minute 59. Make the call, or don't. But the timing of the call shouldn't make a bit of difference. If a rule was broken, it should be called. When it was broken shouldn't make a bit of difference. Just MO.

FWIW, Bradberry himself admitted it was a hold.

"I was hoping he would let it go, but of course he's a ref, it was a big game," Bradberry said after the Eagles' 38-35 loss. "It was a hold, so they called it."

I really don't get all the whining in this thread (and it's not confined to this game, or this board for that matter) that essentially say, "You can't make that call in that spot!"

In my eyes, it's either a penalty, or it's not. Minute 1 or minute 59. Make the call, or don't. But the timing of the call shouldn't make a bit of difference. If a rule was broken, it should be called. When it was broken shouldn't make a bit of difference. Just MO.

I am not an Eagles fan and I do not gamble on the NFL so I have no real stake in this game other than as a fan of football.

I would just like consistency. If that play is a penalty then call it all game. That is all I ask.

And if they hadn’t called it and Philly won, the other side would be losing their minds today.

so on one side we have there are calls all game that go uncalled.. on the other we have let them play.

We also forget there are 22 guys running around and only 7-8 guys to watch them. There is a reason so many calls get missed and mostly the calls that get called are the ones in frame.

In this case the play was pretty much the only action on that side of the field and where the ball seemed to be going so of course its gonna be seen better.

And if they hadn’t called it and Philly won, the other side would be losing their minds today.

I don't think that would be the case. FOX (who was bad with replays the whole night), never showed the jersey tug. Nor did they mention it. So would any of us even know about it?

It doesn't matter what fan board you go to. Regardless of what game it is, blaming the refs is the bane of the boards. Don't believe me? Go to the SU Hoops Board even on nights when we win.

I am not an Eagles fan and I do not gamble on the NFL so I have no real stake in this game other than as a fan of football.

I would just like consistency. If that play is a penalty then call it all game. That is all I ask.
Absolutely agree. I was just addressing the timing complaints.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom