Super Bowl | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Super Bowl

They were tied for 11th with...Carolina. But there's a lot more to it than just reading that stat. But yes, Carolina will be better than NE no doubt. But it's going to be an entirely different game plan on the front 7 attack. Maintaining gaps, etc. Wade has been very good at adjusting, just like the d game plan was way different for the Steelers than NE. I'm more concerned with the Carolina d and Denver's oline.

ESPN stat I read had Steelers 14th.

I'm not selling Denver short- they have a great defense and are a resilient bunch that keeps battling to the end. They very well could win. My point is more that they're clearly stepping up in class in comparison to their two previous opponents.

Denver went like 7-0 when Ed Hochuli was officiating ... Is he on the SB50 crew?

I am a Pats fan the refs in this game last week were not why Denver won. There was one iffy non-call but it wasn't the refs it was just a discretionary decision
Hochuli is a good ref. He loves tight shirts and explaining all calls for TV time but he got the lateral challenge correct and all the right calls were made.

Clete Blakeman is the ref for the Super Bowl. I don't think he is a good ref but the NFL chose him. The rest of the crew are allstars from each position. It won't be his regular crew.

This game boils down to can Carolina score 24 points. If they can I don't see Denver being able to outscore them.

BTW some interesting decisions by Denver. They decided as the home team to wear there white jerseys because the 3 previous times they wore Orange they got blown out and 10 of the last 11 SB winners have worn their white jerseys with SB 45 Packers the only team in that bunch to wear their non-white jersey.

I know Denver's D is great, but I struggle to see how Denver is going to score touchdowns. They really got lucky belichick blew that game Sunday. Carolina might score a touchdown on defense or special teams and that will really hurt Denver.

Belichick's arrogance in weeks 16 and 17 doomed the Patriots to playing this game on the road.

Well, got my care package from Cuse for my sb party ready to go. Got 10lbs of salt potatoes, 5lbs of chicken wing brats from Liehs & Steigerwalds. Got the peanut oil in the turkey fryer all set for my wings, and got the Franks and margarine ready to make the sauce. The feeling around Denver is excitement but not overboard. The Seattle debacle is still in the back of people's minds. But I'm not wasting thoughts on that. Ready to get it on!

Well, got my care package from Cuse for my sb party ready to go. Got 10lbs of salt potatoes, 5lbs of chicken wing brats from Liehs & Steigerwalds. Got the peanut oil in the turkey fryer all set for my wings, and got the Franks and margarine ready to make the sauce. The feeling around Denver is excitement but not overboard. The Seattle debacle is still in the back of people's minds. But I'm not wasting thoughts on that. Ready to get it on!

Good luck to your Broncos today.

Fowler and Matsuyama are in their 3rd playoff hole in AZ. :cool:

OrangeXtreme said:
Fowler and Matsuyama are in their 3rd playoff hole in AZ. :cool:

I just turned on the game. Needed to watch the end of that first

Denver D is dominating. Gotta give them all the credit. Carolina WRs can't beat the Denver DBs.
Talib needs to calm down.

Peyton Manning just doesn't have it anymore. Denver D will need to win this one.

On the sack right at the half it looked like #43 of Carolina said " you know what,I don't like cam" and ducked inside not to make the block on Ware.

can't root for the Broncos, Raiders for life.
Raiders fan the since the early 70's when their defense struck fear in the grandmothers around the league and at the bingo halls

Is the halftime show's goal to put everyone to sleep?

Tim Green couldn't effectively cheat at HS football. Not sure I'd trust his legal advice.

Chris Martin and Bruno Mars are like a human mash-up of McLemore (or whatever that white sort-of-a-rapper dude's name is).

I am the only one who keeps hearing the CBS producer telling Nantz commercial, 41 yard FG, and him talking?

At my SB party I swear I am hearing this producer on the broadcast.