Super Bowl | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Super Bowl

I’m calling it: Carolina will absolutely blow Denver’s doors off. Super Bowl 50 has the same look and feel of Super Bowl 48, where Seattle beat Denver 43-8 and led 22-0 at halftime. Remember that was the game where it was over on the very first play. Snap over Peyton’s head, safety Seattle, big return on the free kick and 9-0 just like that.

I would load up the Brinks truck to give the 4 ½ points with Carolina. I think the Panthers would cover if the line was 14 ½.

I don’t care what the media says, holding out hope for a storybook ending, Peyton is totally washed up. He missed so many throws yesterday and threw a bunch of floaters and ducks. The Pats blew that game by Beli-cheat twice refusing to kick a field goal so they got no points on 2 straight red zone trips.

As for that vaunted Denver pass rush it won’t work nearly as well against Carolina. Their offensive line is great and Cam is a monster. But Denver’s biggest problem will be scoring.

I could envision a final score of Carolina 38-11.

so I just got to this thread

how's it going so far?

Wish CBS went with Harlan and Fouts as their top game crew instead of these schmucks.
Nantz is having an off night for sure. Simms is just being Simms.

If I were Denver I wouldn't throw another pass until down this game. As Carolina can't block Von Miller. Kony Ealy is dominating the Denver RT I would take the ball out of Manning's hand.

I am beginning to think Belichick firing the NE OL coach was the wrong move as they blocked better than Carolina has and NE OL was dominated badly in the AFC title game.

Von Miller is going to get the franchise tag. The biggest winner tonight was Brock Osweiler as he won't get the tag and will have leverage.

The Denver offense has been so bad tonight but the D has been incredible.

Happy for Manning, but that was a pretty boring Super Bowl.

Tremendously boring.

Was Peyton looking for Papa John as the game ended? Really, Peyton? Papa John?

People always say defense wins championships, Denvers defense literally won them a championship tonight.

How much is Budweiser depositing into Manning's account tonight?

I'm not going to Disney World - I'm going to have a Papa John's pizza and wash it down with some Bud.

I'm not going to Disney World - I'm going to have a Papa John's pizza and wash it down with some Bud.

Sounds like a crappy way to celebrate.

If Von Miller plays like they did yesterday they have a chance, I just don't see Manning doing much against that Panthers D. I think it will be close for a half, and Carolina takes over in the 2nd half.
So close to a perfect prediction. You called how the game played out, just bricked on the winner.

So close to a perfect prediction. You called how the game played out, just bricked on the winner.

I wanted to pick Denver, I rooted for Denver tonight, I thought that Miller could wreck the game, and he did just that.

I am happy for Peyton. Kinda crappy game. My square #s were 2s and 8s, so that wasn't helping my enjoyment either.