Syracuse football projected depth chart (defense): who will seize 7 starting jobs on defense? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse football projected depth chart (defense): who will seize 7 starting jobs on defense?

Need to look at ASU's 2-deep

I did. They didn't install the 3-3-5 until the 2018 season so I'm not sure if their size is a reflection of existing personnel or not. Most of their big bodies 290+ were recruited prior to the 3-3-5 being installed.

SDSU has had it in place longer I believe. My suspicion is the size comments about ASU are just from glancing at a roster.

I did. They didn't install the 3-3-5 until the 2018 season so I'm not sure if their size is a reflection of existing personnel or not. Most of their big bodies 290+ were recruited prior to the 3-3-5 being installed.

SDSU has had it in place longer I believe. My suspicion is the size comments about ASU are just from glancing at a roster.
Interesting that their starting DT was lighter than the starting DE's.

I watched a lot of their games the last two years. ASU decided to go with bigger guys. Not sure why. It could have been by choice or just what they had available. It will be interesting to see what White does. I do believe San Diego st was able to get away with leaner guys because of the conference they are in.

I watched a lot of their games the last two years. ASU decided to go with bigger guys. Not sure why. It could have been by choice or just what they had available. It will be interesting to see what White does. I do believe San Diego st was able to get away with leaner guys because of the conference they are in.

Yeah that’s kind of what I was getting at. Even though they ran a 3-3-5, they’re 2019 preseason depth chart still listed 2 DT and 2 DE as part of the starting unit. In contrast, SDSU’s 2019 preseason depth chart had 2 DE and 1 DT.

What do you think about possible roles for Nunn in this scheme?
I really like nunn so much potential and coming from Florida I think Miami so probAly has a fiesty streak like many south Florida players have which is perfect for the defensive backfield! If he’s the player I think he can be nunn, trill, & Cisco could be scary for offenses and so much fun for us

Does anyone know what the D staff has been able to do to get the players up to speed on the new D scheme? IMO, the quicker learners will have an advantage when the players return to campus. IMO, our enhanced recruiting on the D side will give us better options than we previously had, when looking at the structure of the new D.

GoOrangefootballDmascotvrz94BBNGVH8.gif

Melifionu has been good when he plays. But he’s played like 10 games total over 3 years. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves