Syracuse football QB Eric Dungey is healthy for spring practice | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse football QB Eric Dungey is healthy for spring practice

Now that this has been released, I can say that the rumors behind this situation were absolutely staggering. Sources as high as possible were confirming things that would be frustrating beyond belief for Syracuse fans.

This article, in a veiled manner, IMO confirms some of the things that I heard.

Now that this has been released, I can say that the rumors behind this situation were absolutely staggering. Sources as high as possible were confirming things that would be frustrating beyond belief for Syracuse fans.

This article, in a veiled manner, IMO confirms some of the things that I heard.

That was my suspicion and fear. I'm hoping that we start making some changes within the medical staff before this costs us players (and head coaches).

so basically what, the higher powers kept him out to make sure they couldn't be sued?

so basically what, the higher powers kept him out to make sure they couldn't be sued?
Long story short the injury was mainly not concussion related, but, there were very minor symptoms of it. Three strike rule was enforced. Enforcement of rule touched off a huge issue. It looks as if it ultimately fell in favor of Dungey.

i don't know anything about concussions but it seems weird to have an arbitrary number (3) of concussions to automatically end your Syracuse career. What is the significance of 3 concussions?

Long story short the injury was mainly not concussion related, but, there were very minor symptoms of it. Three strike rule was enforced. Enforcement of rule touched off a huge issue. It looks as if it ultimately fell in favor of Dungey.
I think there is a lot of erring on the conservative side going on and not just with Dungey.

I think there is a lot of erring on the conservative side going on and not just with Dungey.
No doubt about it, but, I think that's the heart of the problem is that cases should be looked at individually.

I have really mixed feelings on Dungey. On the one hand, I'm glad he's considered healthy enough to play. On the other, at this point it feels like the clock's ticking on him before he gets an injury he can't walk away from and that really changes his life.

I don't want to see that happen. Realistically though, I think the chance is there. Feeling that way, do I really want to see him playing?

I have really mixed feelings on Dungey. On the one hand, I'm glad he's considered healthy enough to play. On the other, at this point it feels like the clock's ticking on him before he gets an injury he can't walk away from and that really changes his life.

I don't want to see that happen. Realistically though, I think the chance is there. Feeling that way, do I really want to see him playing?
Honestly, the media coverage provided to this topic has sensationalized it to the point where everybody is up in arms about a topic they really know nothing about.

Nobody can prove that three concussions will harm quality of life 25 years down the road.

One concussion may harm one individual and 112 may not harm another. We can be as conservative as we want as a society, but, it's up to each individual person what they're willing sacrifice for anything, not just concussions.

Common sense tells you that ramming your head into something is probably bad. But, football's not the only thing that presents an opportunity to do that. And, nobody really currently knows how it's effecting anybody other than the person who sustains the injury.

I'm pro-choice, not pro-injury.

Honestly, the media coverage provided to this topic has sensationalized it to the point where everybody is up in arms about a topic they really know nothing about.

Nobody can prove that three concussions will harm quality of life 25 years down the road.

One concussion may harm one individual and 112 may not harm another. We can be as conservative as we want as a society, but, it's up to each individual person what they're willing sacrifice for anything, not just concussions.

Common sense tells you that ramming your head into something is probably bad. But, football's not the only thing that presents an opportunity to do that. And, nobody really currently knows how it's effecting anybody other than the person who sustains the injury.

I view it a little bit more simply than proving the effects of the injuries. At some point an injury can catch up to a person, but it's hard to pinpoint.

That said, for two straight seasons, the guy hasn't made it through.

Not a good trend line.

I view it a little bit more simply than proving the effects of the injuries. At some point an injury can catch up to a person, but it's hard to pinpoint.

That said, for two straight seasons, the guy hasn't made it through.

Not a good trend line.
Good points, but, he would've made it through this season just fine. He could've played immediately.

You summed up my position on this beautifully. As long as Dungey is provided with good medical opinion by the University and any other outside doctors they see fit, then the decision to play should be up to him, his family, and his doctors.

Or is the clock ticking because we've been led to believe that he's had several concussions?

I think the clock is ticking because he gets smashed on the field now and again.

Everyone gets smashed. Dungey is a tough kid. I think he'll continue to get bigger and stronger, and be able to take more of those shots.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom