Syracuse Goes Mobile Ticketing | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse Goes Mobile Ticketing

So stop at the Box Office, show your ID and get a paper ticket. It’s obvious you are not ready to embrace mobile ticketing. There are options, they just don’t want to publicize broadly since there are tangible advantages to electronic methods and most of the millions that use them now appreciate those advantages.
Agree. The needs of the people who are unhappy with mobile ticketing are being accommodated with this option. I think it is a fair compromise.

Nobody associated with SU has shared this with me, or with anybody I've spoken to.

Glad you guys are in the know. But wow, they're consistently so bad at this stuff.

With a disappointed four-decade customer walking out the door, nobody who's paid to sell tickets at the Dome bothered to state what you both are saying. Crazy.

I feel as though I have gotten dumber reading this thread. The kicker was "you take away flexibility for the users for no reason doing this."

Mobile ticketing makes things so much easier on everyone. Again, old man yelling at a cloud.

Except, of course, for the real live human beings who are telling you the ways in which it makes things more difficult for us. But rock on.

Except, of course, for the real live human beings who are telling you the ways in which it makes things more difficult for us. But rock on.
Privacy is only one of the objections people have with the new ticketing policy. But for those with the insulting argument that it is "smarter" - I wonder if they're aware that technology now enables a whole raft of personal information - search data, seat location, food and beverage choices and yes even gait and facial templates - to get harvested during the game (it's that bad). If you don't care, fine, but don't insult those who do. For the skeptics/mountain-->molehillers who think the software is anodyne and Sidearm has everything "covered", apparently you missed the (long) list of data they admit will be siphoned off via "Mobile Ticketing". :cool:Ticketmaster's is just as long, but does have an opt-out feature if you don't mind navigating all the obstacles.

Last edited:
Very disappointed to see so many insulting posts here regarding this new mobile ticketing. Let’s talk reality here - we’re all loyal fans of a one win football team. A university that just spent millions upon millions on improving the game experience within the dome to not only keep those loyal fans but attract more fans. These fans have seen parking options change and decrease over time. Necessary security regulations dictating that people carry see through bags, stop to have pockets emptied, small purses inspected, cellphones etc go through a metal detector or deciding just not bring in things to the dome to hurry their entrance, to just see a game. SU has seen who their core fans are - those that stick with them through thick or thin to see ’their team’ right now and who have adjusted to numerous changes they may not have liked but accepted. Some see this as a tipping point and being demeaned and insulted sure doesn’t help. I really question SU’s ‘my way or the highway’ message at this time for this.

So why now are they choosing to force mobile ticketing on these same loyal fans who even the enthusiastic proponents say only 25% ever thought was so advantageous that they used it? There are fans who won’t return fearful of Covid, others because of the parking options, others because of the uphill walk, others because of team performance, why add another reason to deter fans from feeling like they are valued customers instead of a nuisance needing to be forced to do what’s best for the university? Why not phase it in? If it’s advantageous to everyone won’t it increase exponentially on its’ own merits with a much greater percentage using it?

Sadly there are quite a few demeaning posts in this thread. The couple behind me (husband, a retired SU employee and grad) called informing that they’d miss us. Season ticket holders since his graduation in 1971 but because of multiple reasons - the last thing being mobile ticketing. I offered game tickets this year from our tickets but he declined saying that he had no one else to go with - his wife and grown sons had ‘had it’ with SU. I don’t think he’d believe driving from south of Tully where he lives to the dome for paper tickets was a good compromise for some reason. The same with my brother in law who lives in Auburn who has been a season ticket holder for 3 decades with his buddies. They are very upset over a mobile ticketing mandate - like it or not. SU sports is the main beneficiary for their discretionary income not pro games, not concerts, nor traveling where mobile ticketing is rampant. They are the ones at every single game not needing to transfer tickets while others choose those other venues. Sure makes those SU lanyards they sent us that could be worn with your ticket inside it for easy hand free entry, useless I’d say. :p I was very reluctant to post this - the rhetoric being surprising to me directed to and from fellow loyal SU fans who have all been through thick and thin.Sorry for the length:oops:

Very disappointed to see so many insulting posts here regarding this new mobile ticketing. Let’s talk reality here - we’re all loyal fans of a one win football team. A university that just spent millions upon millions on improving the game experience within the dome to not only keep those loyal fans but attract more fans. These fans have seen parking options change and decrease over time. Necessary security regulations dictating that people carry see through bags, stop to have pockets emptied, small purses inspected, cellphones etc go through a metal detector or deciding just not bring in things to the dome to hurry their entrance, to just see a game. SU has seen who their core fans are - those that stick with them through thick or thin to see ’their team’ right now and who have adjusted to numerous changes they may not have liked but accepted. Some see this as a tipping point and being demeaned and insulted sure doesn’t help. I really question SU’s ‘my way or the highway’ message at this time for this.

So why now are they choosing to force mobile ticketing on these same loyal fans who even the enthusiastic proponents say only 25% ever thought was so advantageous that they used it? There are fans who won’t return fearful of Covid, others because of the parking options, others because of the uphill walk, others because of team performance, why add another reason to deter fans from feeling like they are valued customers instead of a nuisance needing to be forced to do what’s best for the university? Why not phase it in? If it’s advantageous to everyone won’t it increase exponentially on its’ own merits with a much greater percentage using it?

Sadly there are quite a few demeaning posts in this thread. The couple behind me (husband, a retired SU employee and grad) called informing that they’d miss us. Season ticket holders since his graduation in 1971 but because of multiple reasons - the last thing being mobile ticketing. I offered game tickets this year from our tickets but he declined saying that he had no one else to go with - his wife and grown sons had ‘had it’ with SU. I don’t think he’d believe driving from south of Tully where he lives to the dome for paper tickets was a good compromise for some reason. The same with my brother in law who lives in Auburn who has been a season ticket holder for 3 decades with his buddies. They are very upset over a mobile ticketing mandate - like it or not. SU sports is the main beneficiary for their discretionary income not pro games, not concerts, nor traveling where mobile ticketing is rampant. They are the ones at every single game not needing to transfer tickets while others choose those other venues. Sure makes those SU lanyards they sent us that could be worn with your ticket inside it for easy hand free entry, useless I’d say. :p I was very reluctant to post this - the rhetoric being surprising to me directed to and from fellow loyal SU fans who have all been through thick and thin.Sorry for the length:oops:
Excellent post. Sums up a lot of my thoughts as well. I’ve been going to SU football games for 40 years (yikes). I’m not happy with the mobile ticketing and there are “fans” here who certainly like to demean my , and others, opinion on it.

Last edited:

Good post Cherie. Your bring up a lot of good points and personal examples.

I guess where I got a little bothered in the multiple threads on this topic is the people who were upset, but were posting blatantly false information such as there were fewer than 10 Power 5 schools that were moving to mobile ticketing and SU was doing something unique with this move. Less than 15 minutes of research told me that wasn't true. And that's probably just a "me" thing. I can't contribute as much as others when it comes to X's and O's, but when I do post, I try to make sure what I post is factual. I don't expect people to act like posting on syracusefan.com is a research paper, but at the same time, it's just one of my pet peeves.

Agree. Change is hard. I am sure some people were really upset when they lost the ability to ride their horses down Salina St (All4SU, I am looking at you). Or get the latest albums as LPs or on 8 track tape. We have all lost things we loved over time.

You scoff. But I always got the milk bottles delivered on time.
F0ABA1EF-8DD8-4814-BC64-F6FD7B353D2B.jpeg

Understood - I don't think it was anyone's intent to be insulting.

From the looks of things if a venue is a Ticketmaster venue its mobile. Hence all the posts about professional sports that have been strictly mobile for some time now since Ticketmaster rules over all that. And apparently most college venues as well.

Cashless, esp in this day and age, is a pretty good idea.

the issue was never that there was not some benefit to mobile ticketing.. The issue is that its not the same to everyone.

SU wants to go down that road they can and did.. did it cost them some small number of customers, yes.. Did it gain them any, doubtful.

was it managed poorly, yes. Could it have been explained better. yes.

did it save customers money. no. did it save SU money, perhaps. Did it speed up entry, no

if you love mobile thats great. It doesnt mean those that dont love it are wrong..

You could have done a blend, which they had, and let the people decide what they wanted to use.. They did that for the last several years and most people did not switch over. they could have promoted it more to see if the usage picked up.

they made it a pain for those who dont love it, to not use it, and that was a decision they didnt have to do either.. They could have given everyone the option when they bought tickets and at a cost but they chose not to do that either.

Customer service wise they chose the heavy handed method.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom