Syracuse NIL collective: The 315 Foundation | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse NIL collective: The 315 Foundation

kcsu

Living Legend
One thought on the SU collective is to use what will most likely be limited funds compared to the big boys for retention vs acquisition of players. If the SU collective can put together 2 to 5 m a year and focus that money on retaining our best players and adding a transfer or two a year to supplement the roster, I believe that is the best approach for a us. Last point is that why not encourage JMA to step up to the plate and or take suggest that part of the annual payment to SU be saved for the collective. Thoughts?

I reached out and shared my thoughts on using the funds to retain current players vs attract new players which as Bees points out is against the rules. Not using NIL as a recruiting tool is very difficult and of course can be circumvented easily. Still, I want SU to play by the rules and not pay kids to come to SU or for their performance. My point was that key players on teams like Tucker are going to be approached by other schools and that the resources would be best applied to those that have proven themselves. In addition, the kids that do well on and off the field should have the most advertising value so it could be a win win. I'm waiting on some info but first blush this looks to be very well thought out and a good thing for the student athletes.

This whole new world of NIL is like organized crime going "legitimate." It's just a matter of learning to circumvent the new rules and they have plenty of experience in that field. Will we have or even want to have the swagger of the mob?

I’ve been a part of some conversations about NIL. Some of the current players were approached with deals. SU has addressed that but it’s going to catch up with us if we don’t prepare deals that bring in quality recruits.

I’ve been a part of some conversations about NIL. Some of the current players were approached with deals. SU has addressed that but it’s going to catch up with us if we don’t prepare deals that bring in quality recruits.
I agree with this 100% I say f it, start using it like everyone else does and attract some quality recruits. What do we have to lose, NCAA is going the way of the dodo.

Money how much do you think we need annually to maintain or slightly increase our current level of recruiting

Money how much do you think we need annually to maintain or slightly increase our current level of recruiting

dr-evil-one-billion-dollars.gif

I honestly don’t know but we have to be creative. How is Louisville doing it? And are we capable of using the same blue print?

Last edited:

Su is, as they should be, 100% against offering recruits NIL deals.

I've heard some SEC schools have agencies that work exclusively with them. Agents from these agencies will attend recruiting visits with the coaches (or maybe just happen to be at that players highschool at the same time). So while the coach might not "technically" use NIL to recruit, the agent from the "independent" agency may stay behind with the athlete to show the athlete what they will gain by signing with them. However that agency will only accept and work with players from certain schools.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom