Syracuse opens -9.5 over Wake... | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse opens -9.5 over Wake...

690West

Moneyline Master
What? Man o man, if I'm being objective...

Seems like a lot. But I am glad it 9.5. I'd stay away from that one.

The age old adage "if it seems like a no brainer, go the other way". So I'm guessing we roll them tonight

I don't know why some are surprised by this. Lol
I am. Syracuse plays a ball control offense with fewer possessions than most teams. So that alone often results in games with smaller margins of victory. Wake Forest is a talented, but young team who hasn't lost at home this season and is going to have 14k on hand who want to show the carpet bagger big east team that you don't come into NC and win basketball games ("Yeah! lung cancer and basketball. That's what North Carolina does!").

I think SU wins, but I doubt they roll Wake by double digits and there are going to be some What moments when Wake buries three straight threes and Syracuse is down or up by a point or two.

Those of us that follow sagarin and KP closely are surprised for a reason
And KP does an excellent job in point differential a lot of the time. But I do like it when something screams take the points.

Those of us that follow sagarin and KP closely are surprised for a reason
Our spreads have been higher all year. I guess I'm not surprised because I predicted 9. If you look at other games like Pitt (which was a lot higher than people/computers predicted opened at 7), and nova which was a little higher than computers predicted. So it really isn't that surprising from that stand point. What will be interesting where they put the Duke game.

Our spreads have been higher all year. I guess I'm not surprised because I predicted 9. If you look at other games like Pitt (which was a lot higher than people/computers predicted opened at 7), and nova which was a little higher than computers predicted. So it really isn't that surprising from that stand point. What will be interesting where they put the Duke game.
Wow. You did predict 9. well done

You can get Wake at +375 on the ML which gives Wake a 21% chance to win. That sounds about right

Spreads have been higher and we're still 5-0 ATS the last 5 games. Definitely been aided by solid play and free throw shooting in the last 5 minutes of games though.

Does Wake have some shooters or a good penetrating point guard? If so, this game may be a lot tougher than many think because I don't see SU coming back in this game if it is 8+ deficit for the Cuse. Like Boeheim I don't believe in trap games but bad match ups along with a solid home court advantage...going to be tough.

Hmm. My gut instinct here would be to take the under. However, this is what vegas wants us to think. That means SU will probably win by something like 23 pts.

Interesting. For all the gnashing of teeth, the Miami game was a blow out. Syracuse won by ~5 possessions in a 49 possession game.

SmilinBob said:
Does Wake have some shooters or a good penetrating point guard? If so, this game may be a lot tougher than many think because I don't see SU coming back in this game if it is 8+ deficit for the Cuse. Like Boeheim I don't believe in trap games but bad match ups along with a solid home court advantage...going to be tough.
We have no bad matchups here...

Vegas does this to get action. If it's say -6.5, they are less likely to get action. -9.5 will get people to jump on Wake.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom