Syracuse opens -9.5 over Wake... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse opens -9.5 over Wake...

If SU plays its game, they don't lose. Period.

Would like to see Grant and Christmas exert force down low. Ennis can get to the basket any time he wants to...

Our spreads have been higher all year. I guess I'm not surprised because I predicted 9. If you look at other games like Pitt (which was a lot higher than people/computers predicted opened at 7), and nova which was a little higher than computers predicted. So it really isn't that surprising from that stand point. What will be interesting where they put the Duke game.

You are correct it's been a trend all year. I remember the first Miami game as well that opened at 17. I believe at BC was the same. Its about about 1-2 points greater than KP. If anybody believes in Sagarin its typically 5 points better than expected

But I did mention yesterday the trend seems to be starts higher than expected, and it comes back down a bit -- I would imagine in part due to system betters. So if you see this is as a signal to bet on Syracuse -- wait a few hours after it opens to get a better line.

I have not actually seen one of our lines actually go up after opening. So just wait.

Vegas does this to get action. If it's say -6.5, they are less likely to get action. -9.5 will get people to jump on Wake.

Why would they put Arizona at -4 then? They should put it higher for the same reason.

I remember hearing some gambling Vegas guy on radio, once explain that Vegas has rating systems and they do not like to veer off them for opening lines. It made sense, but it was a little complex, and as I am only a casual better I forgot the reasoning.

But based on the lines this year Vegas ranking system really likes us. We may be #1 in their eyes.

I have not actually seen one of our lines actually go up after opening. So just wait.
It will still end up higher than the computer models project.

with a -4 everyone will jump on zona of course. It's already up to 6.

I am. Syracuse plays a ball control offense with fewer possessions than most teams. So that alone often results in games with smaller margins of victory. Wake Forest is a talented, but young team who hasn't lost at home this season and is going to have 14k on hand who want to show the carpet bagger big east team that you don't come into NC and win basketball games ("Yeah! lung cancer and basketball. That's what North Carolina does!").

I think SU wins, but I doubt they roll Wake by double digits and there are going to be some What moments when Wake buries three straight threes and Syracuse is down or up by a point or two.
yes but even in close road games with BC and Miami we ended up winning by double digits

if i did my math right, and i think i did...

1. wake is undefeated at home.
  2. we play with fire pretty much every game.
= What

if i did my math right, and i think i did...

1. wake is undefeated at home.
  2. we play with fire pretty much every game.
= What
Close. You didn't finish #2 though. It should read "we play with fire pretty much every game , yet still cover by double digits

I remember hearing some gambling Vegas guy on radio, once explain that Vegas has rating systems and they do not like to veer off them for opening lines. It made sense, but it was a little complex, and as I am only a casual better I forgot the reasoning.

Because getting middled sucks for them.

Everyone's focusing on Wake's undefeated record at home but their best wins are UNC and Richmond. Decent teams, but clearly not at our level.

You can get Wake at +375 on the ML which gives Wake a 21% chance to win. That sounds about right

Now that's tempting, but I would never be able to pull myself to bet against Syracuse to lose.

Now that's tempting, but I would never be able to pull myself to bet against Syracuse to lose.
During the GROB era I bet on Syracuse to lose all the time, and then would cheer my a$s off to lose my bet. But, when I was walking out of the dome week after week all dejected, I took a small bit of solace in the fact that I made a little cash. And people can save the karma nonsense. lol.

690West said:
During the GROB era I bet on Syracuse to lose all the time, and then would cheer my a$s off to lose my bet. But, when I was walking out of the dome week after week all dejected, I took a small bit of solace in the fact that I made a little cash. And people can save the karma nonsense. lol.

So YOU'RE the reason we always lost.

there are going to be some What moments when Wake buries three straight threes and Syracuse is down or up by a point or two.

prediction. That What moment will occur within the first 1:30.

My god that was like stealing money

Vegas is begging the public to take Wake. You know what that means.

Obv. a trap game for Joe Public in addition to being a trap game for SU.
Why I'll be damned, it's a double trap! [/Jim Ross voice].

its-a-trap.jpg

Anybody that has seen zona play think they can take stanford by 6? It sounds like a no-brainer to me but I have no idea.

syracuse plays duke next in the biggest regular season game of the year. even the acc wants us to win this one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom