Syracuse opens up -3.5 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse opens up -3.5

The money in Vegas right now is 50/50 with the odd shark simulation predicting us to win by 5.

They want even money on each side. they dont care who it comes from. the article affirms this. the fact that they can rarely achieve even money on each side doesn't mean its not the goal. How would you get even sharp money on each side? only if the line were perfectly set, in which case why would a sharp even bet it?

I guess the problem with these Vegas psa posts like yours that get patted on the back is they just always make it sound like the lines are a reflection of what Bob who runs your office pool thinks. They're not. It's a lot of deep data. Whoever you think is the smartest hardcore 'basketball guy' can't do a more efficient job.
The brand bias is probably thing, but it's worth maybe .5 points, not 5. Otherwise just print $ fading the Cowboys and Notre Dames weekly.

In football, they say the home field advantage is worth 3 points for the home team. What does the homecourt advantage count for in college bssketball? 2,3 or more? Interested in what Vegas thinks about homecourt in college bb. If they think it's 3, they bssically consider today's game an even matchup.

In football, they say the home field advantage is worth 3 points for the home team. What does the homecourt advantage count for in college bssketball? 2,3 or more? Interested in what Vegas thinks about homecourt in college bb. If they think it's 3, they bssically consider today's game an even matchup.

Every team has is its own number

I don’t think the dome is worth more than a couple points ...

Every team has is its own number

I don’t think the dome is worth more than a couple points ...

Historical data says it’s a bigger advantage than Cameron.

80's is bad bad. Most good ACC teams are in top 36.

Losing to a team in the 70's will not destroy your RPI... losing to a team like Georgetown would destroy your RPI.

PS there are plenty of good teams out there with RPI's in the 70's. It's January for crying out loud, RPI doesn't mean much until February.

Hey, good call! thought it would be tough to hold them to 80 let alone 60

Cheers!

After some thought, I was a bit nervous about my "good call", ;-) but I do think we are a different team with a little rest. We saw what happens when we play 3 games in a week last week.

I think we saw how good we can be with some rest tonight. I definitely didn't anticipate holding them to 19 in the first half.

Great game tonight!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom