Syracuse POST ACC MEDIA DAYS: Where we stand in the conference | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse POST ACC MEDIA DAYS: Where we stand in the conference

Van111

Starter
For the most part, coaches and media; fans and spectators alike, viewed SU as the new kids on the block, with out much worry we are going to make any noise anytime soon. That was my take on the whole thing, and media polls that didn't recognize a single player on the first or second teams pretty much back this up. I took some time to process all of this, and here are my thoughts, my opinions on the matter as we get ready to start playing football with the so called "Big Boys" of the ACC.

It is a win win situation for our program. Not only do we already have alot of kids with chips on their shoulders, but now we got the whole ACC looking at us like we are just another bottom feeder, with less skill at positions, and little chance of contending anytime soon. Boy, if HCSS and the rest of the coaches don't have plenty of poster material to fire up this team coming out of that, then I am a flying pig! Even should we fail this season, it is expected. The over and under is just 4.5 wins! Really. We are healthy, at least this far into the season, and that is why I think this team has a great chance to stick it to this conference. I know, I am getting ahead of myself, but quite frankly, with our running game, and now multiple options for potential starting QB's, I am feeling this team is being way under valued at this point of the season. Hey, they could be right, but no one scares me in this conference, I don't care how good they recruit. They are all beatable. If we can right the ship early, beat an undermanned PSU team, a very good NW team, hold serve on the two gimme games that come next, what a show we could have on October 5th!

I have to say, this is the most excited I have been for an opening season, other than BB, since a was a kid going to my first SU Game vs. Navy at Archbald Stadium. I still remember the score, we won 30-14, and I have been ORANGE ever since! To a great season guys, go show the ACC, who didn't know the History of Syracuse, what this Upstate NY Team is all about!

Kudos to HCSS, although he stumbled a bit, his comeback to the reporter that actually had the nerve to tell him he didn't know the history of our program was, "I suggest you research it". Then went on to remind him about Jim Brown, Ernie Davis, Floyd Little, McNabb, the Chandler brothers and Dwight Freeney. No, the media and the ACC will be in for a surprise this year. You could see it on Coach Beamer's face, "I've got some good, but more bad memories playing up there at the Dome". We fans should prepare ourselves for Oct 5th, a day the DOME will be the loudest it has been in a decade...or more!

the fact that the ACC media did not put Smith on either list is a travesty and goes to show how little they know about players outside their conference. We're talking about an almost 1200 yard running back here. And only Ellington of Clemson came close to that last year and he's gone. And don't give me any nonsense about level of competition.

the fact that the ACC media did not put Smith on either list is a travesty and goes to show how little they know about players outside their conference. We're talking about an almost 1200 yard running back here. And only Ellington of Clemson came close to that last year and he's gone. And don't give me any nonsense about level of competition.
Sean Hickey and Jay Bromley will be first team selections at the end of the year. The beauty of pre-season all confrence teams and rankings is they are meaningless. I have no doubt we are dealing with a little southern bias as well.

Sean Hickey and Jay Bromley will be first team selections at the end of the year. The beauty of pre-season all confrence teams and rankings is they are meaningless. I have no doubt we are dealing with a little southern bias as well.
They call the "Grits" down here!

For the most part, coaches and media; fans and spectators alike, viewed SU as the new kids on the block, with out much worry we are going to make any noise anytime soon. That was my take on the whole thing, and media polls that didn't recognize a single player on the first or second teams pretty much back this up. I took some time to process all of this, and here are my thoughts, my opinions on the matter as we get ready to start playing football with the so called "Big Boys" of the ACC.

It is a win win situation for our program. Not only do we already have alot of kids with chips on their shoulders, but now we got the whole ACC looking at us like we are just another bottom feeder, with less skill at positions, and little chance of contending anytime soon. Boy, if HCSS and the rest of the coaches don't have plenty of poster material to fire up this team coming out of that, then I am a flying pig! Even should we fail this season, it is expected. The over and under is just 4.5 wins! Really. We are healthy, at least this far into the season, and that is why I think this team has a great chance to stick it to this conference. I know, I am getting ahead of myself, but quite frankly, with our running game, and now multiple options for potential starting QB's, I am feeling this team is being way under valued at this point of the season. Hey, they could be right, but no one scares me in this conference, I don't care how good they recruit. They are all beatable. If we can right the ship early, beat an undermanned PSU team, a very good NW team, hold serve on the two gimme games that come next, what a show we could have on October 5th!

I have to say, this is the most excited I have been for an opening season, other than BB, since a was a kid going to my first SU Game vs. Navy at Archbald Stadium. I still remember the score, we won 30-14, and I have been ORANGE ever since! To a great season guys, go show the ACC, who didn't know the History of Syracuse, what this Upstate NY Team is all about!

Kudos to HCSS, although he stumbled a bit, his comeback to the reporter that actually had the nerve to tell him he didn't know the history of our program was, "I suggest you research it". Then went on to remind him about Jim Brown, Ernie Davis, Floyd Little, McNabb, the Chandler brothers and Dwight Freeney. No, the media and the ACC will be in for a surprise this year. You could see it on Coach Beamer's face, "I've got some good, but more bad memories playing up there at the Dome". We fans should prepare ourselves for Oct 5th, a day the DOME will be the loudest it has been in a decade...or more!
GREAAAT post. Couldn't agree more. Like the way the planets are aligning so far with all the various important factors. Law of averages suggests this program is due a little good luck and that luck starts this year in the manner of which you wrote. Gonna be fun being the "surprise" team in the nation this year, even if most of us here won't be surprised a lick.

Bring on 2013! (after a little more summer fun of course...).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom