Syracuse vs. St. John's Game Thread | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse vs. St. John's Game Thread

Patterson moves the ball well and plays great at the top of the zone. His shot isn't there yet, but he's earned PT, especially considering JOseph so far

Nike can't make Obekpa some nut-huggers? The DIY job looks ridiculous.

We really not gonna use the bench besides Patterson doe?
Our bigs are playing well. It's our guards that are struggling. If BJ or Roberson could play the two, they would play.

I still expect 3-5 minutes from each tonight

Problem with Kaleb is he arrived the year after perhaps the calmest PG we've ever had, who happen to be a freshman. It's easy to compare the two, but it's definitely not fair.

Kaleb's issue is he is not decisive on offense and it leads to him picking up his dribble and making soft chest passes. Additionally, his defense, transition in particular, needs tons of work.

Just the way it is.

Holy big boy block. God damn Obekpa jeesh G just got housed

Eric15 said:
Patterson is shooting 7.6% from deep on the year including today.

He should start over Cooney anyways.

This will become a top 15 team if we stay this aggressive and keep growing.

Our offense is rough when G has to run point bc he's our best wing at taking it to the hoop. He's solid at point but his strength is off the ball.

Libero2 said:

He should have passed to Trevor who was wide open when he was driving against a great shot blocker.

supp said:
Nike can't make Obekpa some nut-huggers? The DIY job looks ridiculous.

They are a kind of odd length. Personally I miss the short shorts just as I imagine you guys miss hot pants.

BJ being that active spark plug for us again. Good cut kid.

If Cooney and Gbinije look up once in a while when they're bringing it up, they'll see that there are more break opportunities to be had. G did and found McCullough. The less we have to play halfcourt, the better.

I'm glad he was aggressive and went in hard, but... yeah, usually we do that to the other guys.

supp said:
If Cooney and Gbinije look up once in a while when they're bringing it up, they'll see that there are more break opportunities to be had. G did and found McCullough. The less we have to play halfcourt, the better.

Do you trust either of them making a long pass on the break? I'm ok with them not turning it over.

He should have passed to Trevor who was wide open when he was driving against a great shot blocker.
Dude didn't go weak sauce. G went hard to the Rack with the intent of throwing down and drawing the foul. I have no problem if you are going that hard. You want to pass up an open three from your best player, and go halfsies against a blocker, that's an issue. But that's not G did

One more unnecessary Lavin comment...

Does anyone think that the zipper on his shirt kind of makes it seem like he's wearing a priest collar?

Can't wait to see Rak vs. Okafor and Harrell. I knew he'd be better this year, but damn.

Don't look now but Xmas already almost has a dub dub

Roberson injured or is he in a lot of trouble.
He might not really be healthy yet, or reaggravated his injury playing so much against Michigan.

Then again maybe BJ outplayed him in practice the few days this week, and got the first off the bench call, and he's played fairly well tonight so far. Can't hit the triple, but playing solid D and making plays on the offensive side

Do you trust either of them making a long pass on the break? I'm ok with them not turning it over.
It'll help us longterm to be a more consistent offensive team. The strong inside game is already a big plus over the past two years. Fewer offensive droughts.

I like Battier. Doesn't dominate the game, stays on-topic, schools us on the technical aspects of the game. That's all you need to do to keep me happy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom