Syracuse vs. St. John's Game Thread | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse vs. St. John's Game Thread

supp said:
It'll help us longterm to be a more consistent offensive team. The strong inside game is already a big plus over the past two years. Fewer offensive droughts.

So risk wins by making risky passes? Don't see how risking a W against a solid teams helps us this year.

I like Battier. Doesn't dominate the game, stays on-topic, schools us on the technical aspects of the game. That's all you need to do to keep me happy.
ANd he's only mentioned Duke like twice. Not bad.

The cold shooting outside is killing us. Keep going inside. We need to dominate the paint

Omg, this team is so bad at shooting. It's starting to become unbelievable at this point.

B.J.'s shot is such a moon ball. Will look really nice once it starts dropping in.

We talk a lot about how much Cooney runs around, but it doesn't look like we're forcing a whole lot of action to him today.

So risk wins by making risky passes? Don't see how risking a W against a solid teams helps us this year.

Is it better watching us throw it up futilely from the three?

supp said:
Is it better watching us throw it up futilely from the three?

No it isn't, we shouldn't be shooting those either.

B.J.'s shot is such a moon ball. Will look really nice once it starts dropping in.

We talk a lot about how much Cooney runs around, but it doesn't look like we're forcing a whole lot of action to him today.
Is he actually a good shooter or is that just an urban myth.

why the hell are we fouling

Our side of the court turning into a construction site
I see what you did there.

Has Rak come out yet today? Big fella might go the whole 40.

longislandcuse said:

Lots of myths about these guys when they come in.

Our guards would get out played by D2 guards - period - Joseph just isn't ready to play and Cooney doesnt have the talent for this level

The numbers would suggest myth, but I believe the time will come when he's a solid 35% or so from deep.

1-14 is the story of the game.

We need to go and dominate the paint in the second half. It's that simple.

Tony DeFranco said:
Our guards would get out played by D2 guards - period - Joseph just isn't ready to play and Cooney doesnt have the talent for this level

Lol. What did Cooney do wrong this game? He's probably one of the most heavily guarded players we've ever had. I think I saw one play written up for him today. Lay off, many other guys deserve more flack than him today.

OttoinGrotto said:
The numbers would suggest myth, but I believe the time will come when he's a solid 35% or so from deep.

I'd agree with you but 35%ers that wear orange seem so stinking rare at this point.

Disagree about Cooney. Is he a starter who plays 35+ minutes on a perennial top 25 team? Probably not. But he's a legit high D1 player.

G is not a cerebral player, and I'm being kind. What is up with mcCullough's FT shooting? We might be the worst shooting team in America. Other than that, all is good.

1-14 is the story of the game.

We need to go and dominate the paint in the second half. It's that simple.

Yep. Got away from that and they went from 5 up to 4 down.

Half time adjustment: Nobody but Cooney shoots a 3. Anyone takes a 3 is benched. What a bunch of pathetic bricklayers.
And nobody obviously listened to the scouting report that Harrison is a 3 pt shooter. Someone might scream it into Kaleb's ear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom