Syracuse vs. Yankees Friday night... | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse vs. Yankees Friday night...

690West

Moneyline Master
Unless I'm reading the schedule wrong, I think the Yankees could play the "play-in" wildcard game this Friday night during the Pitt game. I wonder if this could have any effect on our attendance or not. maybe only a thousand here or there?

Nah, Yanks will just have to beat the O's in the AL East deciding game 163 on Thursday. Then they get Friday off while the O's play the A's in Oakland.

Or better yet, the Rays sweep the O's between now and Wednesday.

Nah, Yanks will just have to beat the O's in the AL East deciding game 163 on Thursday. Then they get Friday off while the O's play the A's in Oakland.

Or better yet, the Rays sweep the O's between now and Wednesday.

Makes perfect sense!
thumbnail.aspx

Unless I'm reading the schedule wrong, I think the Yankees could play the "play-in" wildcard game this Friday night during the Pitt game. I wonder if this could have any effect on our attendance or not. maybe only a thousand here or there?

:rolling:

This might be the difference between 26,000 in the building or 25,800!

Oh Lord

:rolling:

This might be the difference between 26,000 in the building or 25,800!

Oh Lord

Yay Scooch!! I have 5 people in 129 who won't be there if the Yankees play Friday night. So there's 5 of the 200 I guess.

Yay Scooch!! I have 5 people in 129 who won't be there if the Yankees play Friday night. So there's 5 of the 200 I guess.

I'm just saying that sadly attendance will probably be atrocious with or without a competing Yankees game.

:noidea:

I'm just saying that sadly attendance will probably be atrocious with or without a competing Yankees game.

Ahh, got it. That damn "laughing rolling guy" always rubs me wrong. haha. my bad.

Exactly, either way attendance is going to be bad.

Exactly, either way attendance is going to be bad.
odd considering that funerals are usually highly attended or at worst this is a stay of execution and one would think people would like to watch how it unfolds.

odd considering that funerals are usually highly attended or at worst this is a stay of execution and one would think people would like to watch how it unfolds.

I know I will be there but with the team 1-3 and interest in the program pretty much at zero, its going to be bad. However, you make a good point, this game literally could decide not only this season outcome but Marrone's future.

Its Parents Weekend. It won't be as bad as most think.

when compared to your school playing on Friday night in a pretty big game there pal

I'm sorry - but in Central New York, a game between a 1-3 Syracuse team and 2-2 Pitt team will never be bigger than an October elimination game for the Yankees.

I'm not sure there is anywhere in the NorthEast (Yankees/Mets/Phillies/SOX markets) aside from Central PA where a college football game would trump a do-or-die MLB game.

Seriously? That's pathetic.

It's called DVR. Look into it.

I'm sorry - but in Central New York, a game between a 1-3 Syracuse team and 2-2 Pitt team will never be bigger than an October elimination game for the Yankees.

I'm not sure there is anywhere in the NorthEast (Yankees/Mets/Phillies/SOX markets) aside from Central PA where a college football game would trump a do-or-die MLB game.

Do those Central NY's realize that the Yankees don't represent Central NY?

Anybody still think we should have signed Damon or Matsui instead of Ibanez?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom