Taurean Thompson | Page 152 | Syracusefan.com

Taurean Thompson

I am talking about the drama of the people who were so rude to someone who had inside information. I had it last year. Someone newer had it last week. I don't mind the rest of the drama. That comes with being a part of this crazy syracusefan family. It just bothers me when someone has real info and can not divulge the source, and then everyone jumps all over them, even though they sound credible. I knew last week that TT was committing towards the end of this week, but had promised my source not to post it, and will never post my sources. And most on here know I have had info before, and been correct.

Llandz you also have to keep in mind that the benefit of knowing the information that you are posting extends well beyond the few people who choose to post in that thread. I think there are lots of fans that read, believe and appreciate knowing what is posted, but don't engage in the conversation ("lurkers"). There are always some very active posters some who will believe you, some who will choose to question you, but don't forget all of the lurkers that benefit from the information you are posting. On balance I think Orangenirvana is correct that there are many more folks here who appreciate seeing that information than those few who want to be critical.

So keep posting your inside info when you feel comfortable doing so, just don't feel uncomfortable because a few misguided posters might try to challenge you on it.

Boy, when Mike Waters' tweet said "story to follow", I was hoping for something more than the pseudo-press release that he's put up. Maybe this means that he's saving the story for the Sunday print edition? If so, can we look forward to some juicy details?
He's on vacation. That's all he could do.

A poster's credibility always works its way out even without poster intervention. If a poster shares what is considered inside information and it turns out to be wrong, then people will learn that that poster can be ignored. When he/she turns out to be right more often than not, that poster will develop credibility. Reputations are formed over time. I don't know what the "info-jumpers" think they're accomplishing. If a poster shares information, just let it go and see what happens. Pissing over someone and questioning their posts, demanding sources and mocking someone when their information turns out to be incorrect (which doesn't mean the source was wrong, some things change - our most respected insiders have been "wrong" before) hurts the message board.

This is exactly how I feel. I don't get the over the top questioning or repeated barrage if info isn't exactly correct. Things always can change.

O, will be Prince Taurean when cruiting's done
O, will be Prince Taurean
With Francis and Zagoria happy dancing in the sun

And the children in the stands all cheering loud out of their seat
Down low in the 2-3 zone you have to move your feet

ottOOOOOOOOOOOO

like I said...

think Taurean will be at SPAC this weekend??

Some of his posts had some goofy parts. I don't think he fully understands the nature of this forum. When you say, "listen to me I have something important to say" is generally not received well here. But he's definitely a good Orange fan.

Listen to me, I have something to say.

JoeCollege enjoys the company of farm animals. That is a fact, and came straight from the horse's mouth. Doubt me if you want. :p

Taurean, Welcome to the Syracuse Basketball family! Go Orange!

taurean_thompson.jpg

Listen to me, I have something to say.

JoeCollege enjoys the company of farm animals. That is a fact, and came straight from the horse's mouth. Doubt me if you want. :p
Ding. Ding. We have today's winner. Thanks for keeping the insanity alive! I think this was the most entertaining summer thread in my 4 years on this board...aside from the frustration of waiting. Thank you!

Last edited:
Dave85 said:
Some of his posts had some goofy parts. I don't think he fully understands the nature of this forum. When you say, "listen to me I have something important to say" is generally not received well here. But he's definitely a good Orange fan.
Or maybe, just maybe, you and others should listen...

One thing I like when evaluating TT's highlights is his ability to finish with both hands. He's obviously not an elite athlete or leaper but he uses his size well. It would not be surprising if he's in our program for 3-4 years. Having played top level competition for all 4 years of high school, I expect him to be able to contribute right out of the gate. TT has been very well coached.

I'd love to see us go big occasionally with a front court of Chukwu, TT and Lydon. I also expect TT to be able to man the middle of the zone, with his shot blocking ability. I also like that he's thin but muscular. He comes in much more ready physically than guys we usually get.

Last edited:
One thing I like when evaluating TT's highlights is his ability to finish with both hands. He's obviously not an elite athlete or leaper but he uses his size well. It would not be surprising if he's in our program for 3-4 years. Having played top level competition for all 4 years of high school, I expect him to be able to contribute right out of the gate. TT has been very well coached. I'd love to see us go big occasionally with a front court of Chukwu, TT and Lydon. I also expect TT to be able to man the middle of the zone, with his shot blocking ability. I also like that he's thin but muscular. He comes in much more ready physically than guys we usually get.
agree with all, iommi... and there's also the possibility of a small-ish lineup in which TT is at the 5 with Lydon/Battle on the wings and Johnny and Frankie backcourt

agree with all, iommi... and there's also the possibility of a small-ish lineup in which TT is at the 5 with Lydon/Battle on the wings and Johnny and Frankie backcourt

Plans could change as the roster has evolved but Battle is under the impression he will only be playing guard. He's certainly more than capable of playing the 3.

Syracuse commit Taurean Thompson discusses why picked the Orange (PS: Waters)

Taurean Thompson struggled with his college decision.

Thompson, a 6-foot-10 forward out of Brewster Academy in Wolfeboro, N.H., was the last player ranked in the Class of 2016's top 100 to pick a school.

Thompson had offers from the likes of Xavier, Connecticut and Georgetown, but eventually whittled the list down to Syracuse, Seton Hall and Michigan State.

"I had a bunch of great schools to choose from,'' Thompson said in a telephone interview Saturday night. "I was weighing my options. It was a tough decision.''

He discussed his options with his mother, Sherese Piper, his grandfather and other family members. But a week ago, in a quiet moment by himself, Thompson came to a decision.

"I sat down and thought it out,'' Thompson said. "I thought about what I liked and what I didn't like until I got comfortable.''

Thompson felt most comfortable with Syracuse...

Syracuse commit Taurean Thompson discusses why picked the Orange (PS: Waters)

Taurean Thompson struggled with his college decision.

Thompson, a 6-foot-10 forward out of Brewster Academy in Wolfeboro, N.H., was the last player ranked in the Class of 2016's top 100 to pick a school.

Thompson had offers from the likes of Xavier, Connecticut and Georgetown, but eventually whittled the list down to Syracuse, Seton Hall and Michigan State.

"I had a bunch of great schools to choose from,'' Thompson said in a telephone interview Saturday night. "I was weighing my options. It was a tough decision.''

He discussed his options with his mother, Sherese Piper, his grandfather and other family members. But a week ago, in a quiet moment by himself, Thompson came to a decision.

"I sat down and thought it out,'' Thompson said. "I thought about what I liked and what I didn't like until I got comfortable.''

Thompson felt most comfortable with Syracuse...
Did this just happen? I'm still in Wisconsin and just read the article on syracuse.com. Popped over to the forum and nada. Well, count me as excited!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom