Taurean Thompson | Page 36 | Syracusefan.com

Taurean Thompson

All I know is, if we strike out on TT, yurt, and mystery man, I'll start to wonder if JB is turning off recruits with his old man smell or something. The whole staff will have eggs on their faces, though, truthfully.

All I know is, if we strike out on TT, yurt, and mystery man, I'll start to wonder if JB is turning off recruits with his old man smell or something. The whole staff will have eggs on their faces, though, truthfully.
Not sure this is true.

Yurt = Last minute, unexpected visit from a kid we weren't recruting until 2 weeks ago. He picked NC St. b/c of family connections. Annoying? Sure, but only because people started to get their hopes up that a 5 Star was going to land in our laps a week before National Signing Day.

Mystery Recruit = No way you could call this an "egg on your face" situation for the staff. Not even close from what I can tell (for reasons that other posters have alluded to).

TT = Opposite of TB recruitment from last cycle. Stuck trying to please two constituencies ... mother and son. Sometimes, mom wins out. It happens.

I will say, though, that there's a good possibility we play with 8 next year.

At this point - as a fan - it comes down to whether you're for the short term (Mystery Man) or the long term (Thompson). I'm all in on Mystery Man. If Richardson would have made this team a title contender, then Mystery Man puts us back in the hunt. We can worry about next year next year.

I posed this question before and I'll pose it again: With regards to Thompson, is the juice worth the squeeze? I feel like he's going to be a headache. The eligibility issues are probably bogus, but the irony is they could still come to fruition if he isn't in class this summer. And if this drags out into the summer and he winds up picking MSU, I think it will be too late for Plan B, including Mystery Man.

If Whitehead officially returns to SH today or tomorrow and Thompson doesn't make a decision by the end of the week, I wouldn't object to the coaching staff rescinding the offer and moving on.

#TeamMysteryMan

Day2 said:
At this point - as a fan - it comes down to whether you're for the short term (Mystery Man) or the long term (Thompson). I'm all in on Mystery Man. If Richardson would have made this team a title contender, then Mystery Man puts us back in the hunt. We can worry about next year next year. I posed this question before and I'll pose it again: With regards to Thompson, is the juice worth the squeeze? I feel like he's going to be a headache. The eligibility issues are probably bogus, but the irony is they could still come to fruition if he isn't in class this summer. And if this drags out into the summer and he winds up picking MSU, I think it will be too late for Plan B, including Mystery Man. If Whitehead officially returns to SH today or tomorrow and Thompson doesn't make a decision by the end of the week, I wouldn't object to the coaching staff rescinding the offer and moving on. #TeamMysteryMan

We'd be moving onto next year's class.

Mystery Man.
tumblr_n64ff8XfY21t20v1lo1_500.png

64a3c28b5ba1f06b03fc0341e6f85862.gif

Thompson is more likely.
As long as he's in the mix, sure. My understanding is it's one or the other, and Mystery Man's decision will be based on Thompson's decision. Correct me if I'm wrong.

At this point - as a fan - it comes down to whether you're for the short term (Mystery Man) or the long term (Thompson). I'm all in on Mystery Man. If Richardson would have made this team a title contender, then Mystery Man puts us back in the hunt. We can worry about next year next year.

I posed this question before and I'll pose it again: With regards to Thompson, is the juice worth the squeeze? I feel like he's going to be a headache. The eligibility issues are probably bogus, but the irony is they could still come to fruition if he isn't in class this summer. And if this drags out into the summer and he winds up picking MSU, I think it will be too late for Plan B, including Mystery Man.

If Whitehead officially returns to SH today or tomorrow and Thompson doesn't make a decision by the end of the week, I wouldn't object to the coaching staff rescinding the offer and moving on.

#TeamMysteryMan
We'd be moving onto next year's class.
I agree. I say go for Mystery Man-no doubt in my mind he helps us more this year. I just wish Thompson would make a decision once and for all.

As long as he's in the mix, sure. My understanding is it's one or the other, and Mystery Man's decision will be based on Thompson's decision. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Not necessarily. We have two open scholarships to play with now that Mali left. Not saying that we will land both, just that they aren't mutually exclusive from a #'s standpoint.

Not necessarily. We have two open scholarships to play with now that Mali left. Not saying that we will land both, just that they aren't necessarily mutually exclusive from a #'s standpoint.
I understand there's room for both, but iommi said it will be one or the other. Perhaps that changed. Although if it did change, Mystery Man could commit right now and I don't know of any other reason why he would be holding back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom