Taurean Thompson | Page 35 | Syracusefan.com

Taurean Thompson

ClamOtto said:
Seems bizarre that any high school senior planning to go to college, let alone a basketball player, would still not have chosen a school for the fall at this point. Most kids chose their college months ago, and most basketball players even longer ago. Plus, basketball players start in the summer, so he's already set up to be behind his classmates no matter where he decides to go. I don't understand why a family would purposely do that.
Normally I'm in the camp of "they should take the time they need" but agree this is just weird now.

Normally I'm in the camp of "they should take the time they need" but agree this is just weird now.

Agree 100%. Especially given that there seemed to be some critical momentum coming out of that visit a few weeks ago. Would still like to land this kid, but I've grown weary of the process. S*** or get off the pot.

Well it could get more weird if he doesn't sign after today...isn't today the last day to sign an LOI?
Yeah, but it doesn't make a difference. He can decide tomorrow, next week, or most likely in 3 months where he wants to go.

When do summer sessions start? If not on board by the, this ain't happening, folks.

Answered my own question: May 23 for session I; July 5 for session II. Looks like Moyer and Battle will be here for session I.

When do summer sessions start? If not on board by the, this ain't happening, folks.

Summer I: May 23 (Most Frosh don't attend because they're still in HS).

Summer II: July 5 (Frosh FB players are required to be here, I don't know if Frosh BB have to).

Summer II: July 5 (Frosh FB players are required to be here, I don't know if Frosh BB have to).
I'm sure BBall frosh are STRONGLY encouraged to attend, not only to be on campus and start playing/bonding with the team with workouts and pickup games, but also to take a few credits over the summer so they can take the minimum credits during the school year, if necessary.

I'm sure BBall frosh are STRONGLY encouraged to attend, not only to be on campus and start playing/bonding with the team with workouts and pickup games, but also to take a few credits over the summer so they can take the minimum credits during the school year, if necessary.
I don't know what the requirements are, but it looks like Battle and Moyer will both be on campus for Summer classes beginning Monday.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebaske..._set_to_start_classes.html#incart_river_index

"Matthew Moyer, fresh from his graduation from South Kent (Conn.) prep school, expects to arrive in Syracuse on Friday and begin classes next week. Tyus Battle, who has finished classes at St. Joseph's (N.J) and will walk with his graduating class next week, will also arrive in Syracuse on Friday and start classes next week."

Love seeing the new kids getting a jump on matriculation and workouts. Had hoped for the same from TT, but his timetable appears to be a bit "different."

From what I've read, Thompson to MSU has picked up steam the past couple days... We will see...

My vision of recruiting:

Behemoth2.jpg

Don't worry. One day, this thread will die.
CVE1zuLXAAAUbA0.png
How many of us will it take with it? The more intense the ride, the more radical the reaction we feel. I think there is a high vomit quotient attached to this thread and the recruitment of TT. For lots of SU fans, recruiting is a blood sport with the recruiting dates more memorable than the birthdates of our children. This thread is more of a baton to be handed off to the next thread dedicated to our next great prospect. Personally, I love roller coasters...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom