Taurean Thompson | Page 38 | Syracusefan.com

Taurean Thompson

I'd be more worried if we didn't have Moyer, Battle and Chuckwu suiting up next year. Some of the Chicken Little hyperbole by a few posters is a bit much. We'll be ok if we don't get TT. It would be better if we did get him of course. Regarding the Mystery Man, I have no idea who it is or if we'll get him (it is a him, right?). From what I hear, he would help the team as well. However it ends up, JB will somehow make things work. He usually does.

Mr. Thompson:
k6bRgo7.gif

Syracuse basketball continues to wait on 2016 recruiting target Taurean Thompson
http://www.syracuse.com/orangebaske...acuse_recruiting_target_taurean_thompson.html

This is an interesting tidbit---would they really take a scholarship away from someone assuming none of the walk-ons were using one of them?

"Even if Whitehead stays in the draft, Seton Hall would have to take a player off scholarship to make room for Thompson."

Hopefully Whitehead comes back and we don't have to worry about it.

It looks like they're at the limit NOT counting Whitehead:

Seton Hall, meanwhile, received a commitment on Monday from Eron Gordon, a 6-3 guard from Indianapolis. Gordon's commitment puts Seton Hall at the NCAA's scholarship limit. The Pirates' 2016-17 roster currently consists of 13 players. That number doesn't include Isaiah Whitehead, who could return to school or remain in the NBA draft. Whitehead is reportedly going to announce his decision this Thursday.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebaske...acuse_recruiting_target_taurean_thompson.html

Last edited:
Apparently the Seton Hall roster is still very much in flux -- it sounds like if TT decides tog o there, they'd have a spot for him

It looks like they're at the limit NOT counting Whitehead:

Seton Hall, meanwhile, received a commitment on Monday from Eron Gordon, a 6-3 guard from Indianapolis. Gordon's commitment puts Seton Hall at the NCAA's scholarship limit. The Pirates' 2016-17 roster currently consists of 13 players. That number doesn't include Isaiah Whitehead, who could return to school or remain in the NBA draft. Whitehead is reportedly going to announce his decision this Thursday.

I thought Whitehead or TT would've made 13 for them? I saw that elsewhere. If Whitehead returns, they'd need to get rid of 1 kid to take TT, I think.

Either way, TT will probably end up at Sparty and we'll all just laugh about this circus.

I can't possibly think of a reason why he wouldn't sign with us today. Therefore I'm now convinced he's waiting for seton hall to clear room.

I can't possibly think of a reason why he wouldn't sign with us today. Therefore I'm now convinced he's waiting for seton hall to clear room.

I thought he wasn't really interested in Seton Hall.

AZOrange said:

They had room cleared and then signed another player.

Something tells me Taurean won't be suiting up in orange next year. He's had plenty of visits and opportunities to commit. Something is holding him back.

FrancoPizza said:
All I know is, if we strike out on TT, yurt, and mystery man, I'll start to wonder if JB is turning off recruits with his old man smell or something. The whole staff will have eggs on their faces, though, truthfully.

Not hardly. The big guy came out of nowheres and we recruited him all of about 1 week. The mystery man put out a feeler and wasn't on our radar a month ago. TT is the only one we've actually been involved with for any amount of time. So no, it's only eggs for those who don't look at everything.

Not hardly. The big guy came out of nowheres and we recruited him all of about 1 week. The mystery man put out a feeler and wasn't on our radar a month ago. TT is the only one we've actually been involved with for any amount of time. So no, it's only eggs for those who don't look at everything.

It would be frustrating for us if we didn't walk away with one of the three.

Where do they come up with this crap? The Turk came to us. We didn't recruit him. We lost him because he had a family connection with NC State. The mystery man contacted us. maybe we told him the way would play him and he didn't like it? maybe we will sign him. Who knows? One of the three guys we recruited. In this year, we got the two guys we wanted. Plus we add a 7-2 kid to next years class. That poster is always needling jb. He should be careful. the next guy or the guy after him, will have a lot of trouble matching jb. We have been to two final fours in the last 4 years.

It would be frustrating for us if we didn't walk away with one of the three.
Frustrating for who? The Turk and the mystery man were and are not guys we recruited. They came to us. We weren't counting on them. And really, TT isn't that big of a recruit. We want him because we will lose a lot this coming year, but he is no program changer.

Frustrating for who? The Turk and the mystery man were and are not guys we recruited. They came to us. We weren't counting on them. And really, TT isn't that big of a recruit. We want him because we will lose a lot this coming year, but he is no program changer.

For the fans, not blaming anything on the coaching staff, but when you have 3 possibilities out there and none of them happen, its a bit frustrating, especially after you lose yet another player to early entry.

dasher said:
Where do they come up with this crap? The Turk came to us. We didn't recruit him. We lost him because he had a family connection with NC State. The mystery man contacted us. maybe we told him the way would play him and he didn't like it? maybe we will sign him. Who knows? One of the three guys we recruited. In this year, we got the two guys we wanted. Plus we add a 7-2 kid to next years class. That poster is always needling jb. He should be careful. the next guy or the guy after him, will have a lot of trouble matching jb. We have been to two final fours in the last 4 years.

Crap? You know, you just said the same things I did. So I'll ask you. Where do you come up with this crap?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom