Taurean Thompson | Page 48 | Syracusefan.com

Taurean Thompson

Why is so many here mocking out a top 100 recruit? I am not getting how this helps with other kids as many parents do read the boards from schools kids are being recruited to.

He doesn't owe a thing to us and if the staff didn't want him they would have made it known to him.

Agree that TT would be a pivotal player in this scenario, but it's increasingly obvious that something, be it Mom, academics, distance, or whatever- is keeping him from pulling the trigger.
We missed on the Turkish kid & that African kid who went to UNLV, so it's obvious the staff is looking at different alternatives.
I'm not a recruiting expert but rarely does it seem these long drawn out scenarios turn out in our favor. If he wants SU, as he should ;), then he needs to end this circus already!! JMHO

I hope his decision is not about PT. If he has to compete for PT then it will make him a better player. I think playing in the ACC for Syracuse will help him a lot more than playing for Seton Hall. Maybe there are other factors in play. It does cost a lot more money for travel to SU. I hope that's not the case. I would like to see him attend SU. He may not be a 1-and-done at SU but he would definitely have a very good chance to succeed. He still has to win the job where ever he goes. And he still has to compete against other players where ever he goes. I wish I understood why he is delaying.

Why is so many here mocking out a top 100 recruit? I am not getting how this helps with other kids as many parents do read the boards from schools kids are being recruited to.

He doesn't owe a thing to us and if the staff didn't want him they would have made it known to him.

Retro, I guess my feeling is that we're the "Plan B" so if he does eventually come here will it be begrudgingly? There's no real rhyme or reason as to why he hasn't made a decision.
If this is a waiting game to see if Seton Hall can make room and if they can't that's a crap reason to choose another school.

If it's truly his Mother who's the driver here and she doesn't want him to come here then this must be a personal issue she has against Syracuse. You're right she doesn't owe us (fans) or the staff anything. However, she does owe her son the right to make an informed decision if it's in his best interest and even if she may not like the decision.

I'm not his parent so I'm not going to even begin to try and understand the family dynamics behind this decision. Either way you slice it, Taurean will be behind academically speaking once he does get here or wherever he ends up in the Fall.

I remember when Daryle Watkins committed to Syracuse. It was rumored to be down to SU and Rutgers. His dad apparently thought Syracuse was a better option and he steered him here. That caused the Rutgers board to go into hysterics, going so far as to make claims that it was "child abuse" for a parent to "force" a kid to go someplace he supposedly didn't want to go. The entire reaction was so immature, preposterous, and embarrassing for Rutgers fans that it has stuck in my mind all these years. Now I see our fan base getting danger close to acting the very same way. I'm pretty disappointed in what I've read over the past two weeks here.

Taurean may well end up going to some other school and if he does, he does. Take it like a man. If he commits to SHU, there are people here acting like it is the equivalent of him (or his mom) coming to their house, punching their baby in the face and pooping on their living room floor.

Also, please remember, he may very well commit to Syracuse. He may become your favorite player. He might be a hero winning us a huge game down the road. He may be remembered fondly as a key guy in a great stretch for the program. And you will be able to look back on all your immature whining posts disparaging him and his family for not announcing his decision on your selfish timeline.

I remember when Daryle Watkins committed to Syracuse. It was rumored to be down to SU and Rutgers. His dad apparently thought Syracuse was a better option and he steered him here. That caused the Rutgers board to go into hysterics, going so far as to make claims that it was "child abuse" for a parent to "force" a kid to go someplace he supposedly didn't want to go. The entire reaction was so immature, preposterous, and embarrassing for Rutgers fans that it has stuck in my mind all these years. Now I see our fan base getting danger close to acting the very same way. I'm pretty disappointed in what I've read over the past two weeks here.

Taurean may well end up going to some other school and if he does, he does. Take it like a man. If he commits to SHU, there are people here acting like it is the equivalent of him (or his mom) coming to their house, punching their baby in the face and pooping on their living room floor.

Also, please remember, he may very well commit to Syracuse. He may become your favorite player. He might be a hero winning us a huge game down the road. He may be remembered fondly as a key guy in a great stretch for the program. And you will be able to look back on all your immature whining posts disparaging him and his family for not announcing his decision on your selfish timeline.

Well said times 1000. I hate to say it but I often wonder what the % of posters on this site are still deciding on their own college choice based on things that I have read here. Appears quite juvenile how some find it necessary to attack recruits or even worse Syracuse players deciding to leave early! Getting to the point if Francis, Jake or CTO are not the poster the thread gets a quick scroll. In the grand scheme of life it's great to be fans of Cuse hoops but let's not become fanatics. The odds of Thompson coming to Cuse and sealing the deal for a national championship are less than 1% while conversely the odds of Thompson going somewhere else and Cuse hoops becoming a bad program is less than 1%. Thousands of kids play basketball around the world. The 13 that choose to be on the Syracuse roster year after year deserve attention from the fans. The numerous players that choose to attend other schools deserve a good luck.

Last edited:
No, not my baby!!!... or Charlie for that matter

What the hell is this? Logic? Reason? Civility?
Get outta here. You do not belong.

[Nobody punches Baby in the face.]

Then again, he may not...

I like TT and want him to come here. I wouldn't be checking this thread every friggin day if that wasn't the case. He would be a good get but he needs to make a decision. Kids are enrolling early and getting in much needed time and he hasn't even decided yet. It's a big transition and not easy for all kids. That is why he needs to decide. I'm trying to add brevity to the situation since I find it so ridiculous. I'm not sure who he is listening to but the more time he takes the further behind he will be. Whoever is advising him is doing him a disservice.

Well said times 1000. I hate to say it but I often wonder what the % of posters on this site are still deciding on their own college choice based on things that I have read here. Appears quite juvenile how some find it necessary to attack recruits or even worse Syracuse players deciding to leave early! Getting to the point if Francis, Jake or CTO are not the poster the thread gets a quick scroll. In the grand scheme of life it's great to be fans of Cuse hoops but let's not become fanatics. The odds of Thompson coming to Cuse and sealing the deal for a national championship are less than 1% while conversely the odds of Thompson going somewhere else and Cuse hoops becoming a bad program is less than 1%. Thousands of kids play basketball around the world. The 13 that choose to be on the Syracuse roster year after year deserve attention from the fans. The numerous players that choose to attend other schools deserve a good luck.

Or 8, as the case may be :-P

Marcus Lee transferring from KY...mystery man?
He isn't the mystery man, but it is interesting that the narrative is how Cal gets you to the league. Marcus Lee is a McDonald's All American and Cal got him from the first round and now out the door at KY. Hopefully people see the BS, mainly the recruits.

He isn't the mystery man, but it is interesting that the narrative is how Cal gets you to the league. Marcus Lee is a McDonald's All American and Cal got him from the first round and now out the door at KY. Hopefully people see the BS, mainly the recruits.
Maybe his UK contract with the boosters was over so he was forced to move on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom