Taurean Thompson | Page 47 | Syracusefan.com

Taurean Thompson

he could, but that is virtually impossible for some kids/adults that have a strong bond with their mom or dad

True, we have all probably said things to our parents that we regret, at the end of the day if a parent is going to flat out tell their 18 year old child they can't go to school somewhere, that is pretty messed up.

Sometimes, I think this is not as much of a mama situation as we make it out to be. Nothing cryptic I am alluding to, just thinkin ovah here. I feel like a really outrageous and loopy circus story will wrap this puppy up any day now. Any day now. :bang:

You might be slightly ahead of yourself. Brewster (Thompson) Academy's graduation isn't until this coming Saturday, not sure when classes/exams concluded.

South Kent (Moyer) lists exams all next week and the following week on its academic calendar. Didn't see a graduation ceremony, but I would assume it hasn't happened yet.

St. Joe's (Battle) is having its graduation on Thursday night.

Are these guys coming to campus before graduating from high school/prep school?
Battle and Moyer both finished up their school work early in order to attend SU's first summer session.

I'm rooting for TT to reclassify into 2017 just so he can buy a little more time. I mean we are really early in the process and you would hate for him to make a rushed decision. To quote Boeheim, "Nothing premature is every good."

So Seton Hall seems to have 14 scholarships if you count here:
http://www.verbalcommits.com/schools/seton-hall

Seniors: 1
Jr: 7
Soph: 4
Frosh: 2

That includes Whitehead lol. So please someone tell me how 14 is possible. Anywho, if that is correct and Whitehead even jumps to the league, they would still have 13 filled. Yet they still have room for Thompson who would make 14 again but us and our 8 don't?

What is this place?

That includes Whitehead lol. So please someone tell me how 14 is possible. Anywho, if that is correct and Whitehead even jumps to the league, they would still have 13 filled. Yet they still have room for Thompson who would make 14 again but us and our 8 don't?

What is this place?
Willard is a Pitino disciple. They kick kids to the curb like it's nobodies business.

What is this place?
I think they count the numbers as of the beginning of the fall semester. Anything before that is just "fishes and loaves" (see football board).

Fwiw,
I figured once he had that great conference tourney he was gone. His dream all along was to get to the NBA as soon as he could. I don't think he'll make it in NBA but will have a decent overseas career.

Last edited:
tee1222 said:
So Seton Hall seems to have 14 scholarships if you count here: http://www.verbalcommits.com/schools/seton-hall Seniors: 1 Jr: 7 Soph: 4 Frosh: 2 That includes Whitehead lol. So please someone tell me how 14 is possible. Anywho, if that is correct and Whitehead even jumps to the league, they would still have 13 filled. Yet they still have room for Thompson who would make 14 again but us and our 8 don't? What is this place? YouTube Video

They'll pull a UConn.

From what a few in the know people have suggested, Thompson always had a spot at SH regardless of Whitehead. I think it may hurt them, in that they are going to suck even more now. If he wants to be part of that mess, good luck.

Madbiker said:
From all the activity on this topic you would think TT is the next coming of Patrick Ewing. Not a program maker. Find a comparable guy in the 2017 class.

Sure, not a huge deal in that regard.

But we've been over this many times.

We have only 8 players. One forward goes down and both starters are playing close to 40 minutes a game.

It's likely we only return 3 players in 2017-18.

Thompson would be another and give us someone with some experience.

Either way, we're going to need to bring in 6-7 in this next class, and that only gets us up to 9-10 on the roster.

TT provides depth for this year and a bridge to the following year.

Sure, not a huge deal in that regard.

But we've been over this many times.

We have only 8 players. One forward goes down and both starters are playing close to 40 minutes a game.

It's likely we only return 3 players in 2017-18.

Thompson would be another and give us someone with some experience.

Either way, we're going to need to bring in 6-7 in this next class, and that only gets us up to 9-10 on the roster.

TT provides depth for this year and a bridge to the following year.
Agree that TT would be a pivotal player in this scenario, but it's increasingly obvious that something, be it Mom, academics, distance, or whatever- is keeping him from pulling the trigger.
We missed on the Turkish kid & that African kid who went to UNLV, so it's obvious the staff is looking at different alternatives.
I'm not a recruiting expert but rarely does it seem these long drawn out scenarios turn out in our favor. If he wants SU, as he should ;), then he needs to end this circus already!! JMHO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom