Taurean Thompson | Page 46 | Syracusefan.com

Taurean Thompson

Yeah... but can he play DODGEBALL?

image.jpeg

This situation is sounding more and more like Thomas Bryant recruitment. In that case SU was in the midst of their NCAA sanctions and family opted for Indiana. SU is in a better place as far as NCAA issues and apparently is in great shape with Taurean but tough for an 18 year old to go against the wishes of his family. Would love him at SU but this appears to be a real toss up as far as how it finally plays out.

This situation is sounding more and more like Thomas Bryant recruitment. In that case SU was in the midst of their NCAA sanctions and family opted for Indiana. SU is in a better place as far as NCAA issues and apparently is in great shape with Taurean but tough for an 18 year old to go against the wishes of his family. Would love him at SU but this appears to be a real toss up as far as how it finally plays out.
Didn't Bryant's mother want him to go to SU? I know she changed her tune after he made his decision, but at that point she had to be supportive of her son.

Oddly enough, I would compare this to the Tyus Battle recruitment, except we're Michigan in this case.

It seems kind of strange to me that if the distance from home is such a big deal for the mother, that Seton Hall is the only area team in consideration. There are a number of D1 schools within an hour's drive of Jersey City (RU, SJU, Monmouth, etc) that don't seem to be considered at all. Since we have all of this free time to contemplate theories about the recruitment, it makes me wonder if there's something else about Cuse that she's not happy with besides being 4.5 hours from home.

May 12 was his birthday. Anyone know how old he turned? Do kids under 18 need parental consent to sign a LOI?

- Maybe, she hates a great education? US News Rank: SU# 61 verse SHU #123
- Maybe, she hates a Hall of Fame coach?
- Maybe, she hates crowds. Who wants to sit with 20-30K other fans when you can comfortably sit with the 1000's of other hardcore SHU fans in the Prudential Center.
-Maybe, she hates the ACC. I mean powerhouse Big East matchups verse Creighton, DePaul and St. John's loom in the future.
- Maybe, she hates a winning tradition or an elite program?
- Maybe, she hates the notable alumni pictured in the Google search for SU: Melo, VP Joe Biden and Ernie Davis verse Seton Hall's: Chris Christie, Kevin Willard and Aquille Carr. I mean these guys are legendary.
- Maybe, she hates salt potatoes and Dinosaur BBQ?
- Maybe, she hates clean air?
- Maybe, she hates that Syracuse players play professionally in the NBA or God forbid, overseas. Imagine how far her baby would be then?

Last edited:
It seems kind of strange to me that if the distance from home is such a big deal for the mother, that Seton Hall is the only area team in consideration. There are a number of D1 schools within an hour's drive of Jersey City (RU, SJU, Monmouth, etc) that don't seem to be considered at all. Since we have all of this free time to contemplate theories about the recruitment, it makes me wonder if there's something else about Cuse that she's not happy with besides being 4.5 hours from home.
Cuse to Jersey City is 3:45 hours

Didn't Bryant's mother want him to go to SU? I know she changed her tune after he made his decision, but at that point she had to be supportive of her son.

Oddly enough, I would compare this to the Tyus Battle recruitment, except we're Michigan in this case.

I think you are absolutely correct on this. At least it seems that the staff was going through mom but TB had other ideas and won out in the end. Maybe that's what ends up happening here too. Mom wants SHU (?) but TT ends up getting his way and comes here.

Questioning his mothers "best interests" for her kid.

Questioning a KIDS man hood and calling him a "mamas boy" because he is listening to his mother.

Saying he's going to be a "headache" if he comes to SU because he is taking his time during he biggest decision of his life..

Even calling it a "circus" when you really have no information besides what you are reading in here..

They are right.. The last 15 pages are glowing remarks

Well, the spring signing date was last week and kids are arriving on campus for summer classes. Wherever he winds up going, he's almost at the point where he's going to put his eligibility at risk. The kids take these summer courses for a reason, so they won't have to take as heavy a course load during the season.

It's the exact opposite. Bryant went to Indiana to get away from his mother and TT will probably somehow end up at SHU to be closer to her. If only TT could be from Rochester and Bryant could be from Jersey. I would suggest getting TT's mom a job in Syracuse for twice the money she is currently being paid but then we would be Duke University and I don't want that.

Well, the spring signing date was last week and kids are arriving on campus for summer classes. Wherever he winds up going, he's almost at the point where he's going to put his eligibility at risk. The kids take these summer courses for a reason, so they won't have to take as heavy a course load during the season.

Roberson came and was cleared late. He was behind his entire freshman year. Still not sure he's caught up!

You might be slightly ahead of yourself. Brewster (Thompson) Academy's graduation isn't until this coming Saturday, not sure when classes/exams concluded.

South Kent (Moyer) lists exams all next week and the following week on its academic calendar. Didn't see a graduation ceremony, but I would assume it hasn't happened yet.

St. Joe's (Battle) is having its graduation on Thursday night.

Are these guys coming to campus before graduating from high school/prep school?

hmmm will be interesting to see if this is what the Thompsons are waiting on

They are still full without him. If Whitehead returns, they have to take away someone else's scholarship.

I almost wonder if it's a game of chicken between Taurean and his mom at this point. He wants Cuse and won't sign with SHU thinking mom will relent. She's at the kitchen table telling him "You can play at Seton Hall or you can not play at all."

That would be pretty messed up, he is 18, so he could tell her to get lost.

You might be slightly ahead of yourself. Brewster (Thompson) Academy's graduation isn't until this coming Saturday, not sure when classes/exams concluded.

South Kent (Moyer) lists exams all next week and the following week on its academic calendar. Didn't see a graduation ceremony, but I would assume it hasn't happened yet.

St. Joe's (Battle) is having its graduation on Thursday night.

Are these guys coming to campus before graduating from high school/prep school?

Sort of, there was a line in one recent story that said they made accommodations with their schools so they could graduate early and start classes at SU in time for the 1st summer session. Usually, players don't arrive until the 2nd session starts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom