Taurean Thompson | Page 83 | Syracusefan.com

Taurean Thompson

I once owned stock in a Kazakhstan oil company that went bankrupt.
XLairk.gif

If this kid ever plays a meaningful minute of basketball for any school, it will be a minor miracle as far as I'm concerned. Nothing about this smells right. With the recruiting limitations we're facing, we need thorough background checks alongside talent evaluations so we don't get sucked into this BS. A few mulligans before were okay but now time and manpower are limited.

If this kid ever plays a meaningful minute of basketball for any school, it will be a minor miracle as far as I'm concerned. Nothing about this smells right. With the recruiting limitations we're facing, we need thorough background checks alongside talent evaluations so we don't get sucked into this BS. A few mulligans before were okay but now time and manpower are limited.
I don't think anything about this says he's a bad kid... certainly not in a way that would show up in a background check. The kid is either just staring like a deer in headlights at the offers of different schools... or he is currently locked in the ultimate "Tastes Great!" "Less filling!" debate with his mother and if that's the case, I hope he sticks to his guns until she okays the cuse.

I don't think anything about this says he's a bad kid... certainly not in a way that would show up in a background check. The kid is either just staring like a deer in headlights at the offers of different schools... or he is currently locked in the ultimate "Tastes Great!" "Less filling!" debate with his mother and if that's the case, I hope he sticks to his guns until she okays the cuse.

Due diligence on these kids' situation also means the baggage they carry around with them. At this point, if it is a stare-down with the mom, the family has got to realize that it's beginning to cut into his chances of meaningful playing time in the Fall since summer orientation/conditioning has already started. I mean what is all this for in the long run? If they don't realize or don't care, this will likely not be the only instance where this kind of bullheadedness will create problems.

Due diligence on these kids' situation/state of mind also means the baggage they carry around with them. At this point, if it is a stare-down with the mom, the family has got to realize that it's beginning to cut into his chances of meaningful playing time in the Fall since summer orientation/conditioning has already started. I mean what is all this for in the long run? If they don't realize or don't care, this will likely not be the only instance where this kind of bullheadedness will create problems.
While it's extremely annoying for us... if the kid does pick a school soon, hopefully cuse, he'll be fine. Would rather he pick cuse in July and have to catch up on a bit of work than have picked SHU a year ago.

Going to start at post #1. Someone pm me if he declares. Tees for everyone along the way.

Too funny---thought you were kidding, but just got an alert that you "liked" a post of mine from May 18th, lol. I'm guessing you'll be finished with the thread before he decides though..... (although it would be fantastic if you got the news of an SU commitment right when you were finishing up---I would personally give you all the credit).

While it's extremely annoying for us... if the kid does pick a school soon, hopefully cuse, he'll be fine. Would rather he pick cuse in July and have to catch up on a bit of work than have picked SHU a year ago.

Like I said, all of this is a huge red flag as far as I'm concerned. He can commit wherever he likes. I think the way his recruitment has gone suggests that the odds are stacked against him ever becoming a significant contributor at any school.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom