Taurean Thompson | Page 58 | Syracusefan.com

Taurean Thompson

I don't even know how or where to "join" back in this thread.
49b2e0386fd032f6c48a307d4ca50ae6.jpg

Because Mother--who wants the best for her son--isn't pleased with some of the recent NCAA stuff with our program.

Francis has it correct above--TT wants to come here and has been ready to commit. His mother does not want him to come here, and they've been in standoff mode.

I always thought the NCAA stuff wasn't really that bad. We had some issues but I would imagine they have been dealt with and should not happen again. Tell me if I'm wrong?

I always thought the NCAA stuff wasn't really that bad. We had some issues but I would imagine they have been dealt with and should not happen again. Tell me if I'm wrong?

Sure they have.

But that doesn't mean our troubles haven't influenced the perception of TT's mom. That's all it is--no more, no less.

If mom lets him go to Michigan State and not Syracuse we honestly have to ask WTH is going on the basketball offices.

Something has to be hurting us. Why this lady doesn't like us makes no sense.

Actually, it makes a lot of sense in context. Substitute Penn State football, tell the same story, and see if it makes more sense: in the aftermath of their situation, a mom has a highly ranked kid who wants to go there. She's reluctant, based upon the issues and isn't convinced that it is best for her kid even though he wants to go there. So she is actively trying to steer him elsewhere. That's all that is happening here.

There's nothing that the basketball office can do beyond put their best foot forward, which they have. Repeatedly.

The rest is up to the kid and his family. We are in solid shape, despite Mom's reluctance.

Actually, it makes a lot of sense in context. Substitute Penn State football, tell the same story, and see if it makes more sense: in the aftermath of their situation, a mom has a highly ranked kid who wants to go there. She's reluctant, based upon the issues and isn't convinced that it is best for her kid even though he wants to go there. So she is actively trying to steer him elsewhere. That's all that is happening here.

There's nothing that the basketball office can do beyond put their best foot forward, which they have. Repeatedly.

The rest is up to the kid and his family. We are in solid shape, despite Mom's reluctance.
I hope your right but the false narrative around our program is a joke. I wish the Chancellor and AD would fight it a lot more.

The NCAA should be sued for the damage they have done to our brand. They turned a bunch of misdemeanor into a capital offense and letting it appears North Carolina off the hook.

They do, and they hate our guts over there lol.

If I had to handicap, I'd rate the chances* of where he lands as follows:

90% to Syracuse
8% to Seton Hall
2% to MSU

*Based upon the preponderance of things that have happened to date. I suppose things could change after his MSU visit, but that's not what I expect to see.

I don't buy it, but thats what their guy over there is saying, who apparently always is in the "know".
Yeah, I understood that you were only mentioning what they posted over there. I didn't mean to belittle your post, it's just funny. Although, depending how you read the situation they could be right. Depending on how strong they see the mom's influence. But, wouldn't make them look good, because it would make it look like Thompson wants to go to SU, but if he can't, he sure as hell doesn't want to go to Seton Hall.

I hope your right but the false narrative around our program is a joke. I wish the Chancellor and AD would fight it a lot more.

The NCAA should be sued for the damage they have done to our brand. They turned a bunch of misdemeanor into a capital offense and letting it appears North Carolina off the hook.

I cannot agree with this post more!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom