Taylor and Bell | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Taylor and Bell

well i was lucky enuf to attend larry's camps in the late 70's. he was famous as a two handed set shooting guard.i played forward and he coached me to change my release point to above my head and follow it to the basket. totally screwed up my jumper for the summer til i learned he was right. tougher to block.
I did a camp with him. A rim was broken and kids were complaining that it was effecting their shots. We all had to watch him make 100 FT in a row on the rim.

I am sure that Hima is a good dude but he can't touch the court unless he can stand in the middle of the 2-3 zone. There is a reason he rode pine on a historically bad Duquesne team.

Don't think I would be surprised if Patterson or Carey is our backup center if Red is playing run and gun hoops.

I don’t get the Hima hate. He’s a strong rebounder and shot blocker, proficient passer for his size, and runs the floor well. His biggest issue was getting caught out of position in the zone, which resulted in bad fouls when he had to recover. Man defense will help some, and his size, rebounding and passing are an asset behind Edwards for an up tempo offense.

I don’t get the Hima hate. He’s a strong rebounder and shot blocker, proficient passer for his size, and runs the floor well. His biggest issue was getting caught out of position in the zone, which resulted in bad fouls when he had to recover. Man defense will help some, and his size, rebounding and passing are an asset behind Edwards for an up tempo offense.
I agree we need to see the offense and defense Red will deploy and how players preform before we decide players can't play. Hima provided valuable backup on several occasions last year.

Here's my question.. and no judgment. Do you think 13 in 13 out is a good strategy? Or 2 stay 11 out and 11 in? Personally i don't like it ... I don't think that equates to success for a program. You can strike gold like say Kst.

I like what Uconn has done honestly. Some turnover, some additions via portal some high level recruits. Whatever gets the right players to be successful in today's game. I feel this pump and dump recipe isn't proven myself.. I also don't want lost causes either. Appreciate your response though honestly.

There's two ways I'm looking at this:

A) the recruits this same brain trust had recruited and signed haven't done all that great - here or elsewhere. That's a problem. Especially since a lot of those guys were top-100 recruits. Who thinks that a team of KR, Jalen Carey, Goodine, Woody Newton, and Frank Anselem would be top-5 in the ACC just because they're upperclassmen? I'd take Kardary back,​
KR and WN were good players here. Most of our good players continue to get better each year, very few get worse. I have little doubt that KR and WN would have made the past two SU teams better.

Taylor was a JB recruit. He made red the main recruiter. But he will be odd man out at some point barring some huge improvements in his game. Any team that played man to man on him this year basically locked him down. JB thought he was another version of buddy. I prefer Bells offensive game way more and the coaches do too

Taylor was a JB recruit. He made red the main recruiter. But he will be odd man out at some point barring some huge improvements in his game. Any team that played man to man on him this year basically locked him down. JB thought he was another version of buddy. I prefer Bells offensive game way more and the coaches doyears.
Wish he was 6-9 instead of 6-6/6-7 and could play a physical stretch 4.

Hoping he can transition into a good backup 2g this year... but yeah all that makes sense.

KR and WN were good players here. Most of our good players continue to get better each year, very few get worse. I have little doubt that KR and WN would have made the past two SU teams better.
Eh, Woody showed promise at SU but I wouldn't say he was "good".

I actually expected him to become a solid player, but he has done very little at Oklahoma State. 7th or 8th guy, 4 points and 3 boards a game in his junior year. That puts him somewhere between "role player" and "bench fodder".

Eh, Woody showed promise at SU but I wouldn't say he was "good".

I actually expected him to become a solid player, but he has done very little at Oklahoma State. 7th or 8th guy, 4 points and 3 boards a game in his junior year. That puts him somewhere between "role player" and "bench fodder".
Man, you guys never cut Woody a break. His dad died early in the season and he missed a bunch of games.

Man, you guys never cut Woody a break. His dad died early in the season and he missed a bunch of games.
I am very aware that his Dad died…during the very early season if I recall. He played 29 games after that. I’d be the first one to cut him slack for that being hard to get over. I also have said that I thought he was a big loss when he transferred.

But he did almost nothing in his first year at OSU either and his Dad aside, he has simply never lived up to whatever promise we saw glimpses of at SU. I don’t think that is an unfair assessment.

Taylor was a JB recruit. He made red the main recruiter. But he will be odd man out at some point barring some huge improvements in his game. Any team that played man to man on him this year basically locked him down. JB thought he was another version of buddy. I prefer Bells offensive game way more and the coaches do too

Maybe I misunderstand your second sentence but GMac was JTs recruiter as was Brown and Copeland.

I got destroyed for saying red recruited Taylor..huh

Then MaliQ was a JB recruit too I assume since Taylor was the one who told the staff to watch him because he was a player.

My iPad has it’s own mind and that’s the only way it will accept the Q. Do they put crazy English rules in these iPads and reject it because the Q isn’t followed by a U? :)
If I write more than 3 sentences on my iPad at least 5 words are changed and some words I don’t even know how they got there are there. It’s crazy.

If I write more than 3 sentences on my iPad at least 5 words are changed and some words I don’t even know how they got there are there. It’s crazy.
I figure my iPad is haunted and invisible fingers are pushing the keyboard randomly messing with me. If they think they’ll drive me crazy, it’s a lost cause, that happened a long time ago.

I figure my iPad is haunted and invisible fingers are pushing the keyboard randomly messing with me. If they think they’ll drive me crazy, it’s a lost cause, that happened a long time ago.
If yours is haunted then mine is too haha. I’ve submitted to the fact that a word salad is going to pop out and I’ll rarely fix it. I’m sure it makes the resident grammar Nazi VT tick, also part of the reason corrections aren’t always made.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom