Class of 2016 - TE Chris Clark to Pitt | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 TE Chris Clark to Pitt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that's not actually what he said. It's his conjecture over a potential part of the reasoning:

"The numbers are also something to consider. Syracuse wants immediate depth at the tight end position. Clark is not likely to see the field until the 2017 season. A waiver that could be filed with the NCAA to get him on the field next season does not have a strong possibility of being granted. "

Well I did say, "not a good look, if true."

The uptick in recruiting is all relative. Tired of that getting thrown around. It is an uptick from our Big East recruiting no doubt but we are still in the bottom of the ACC in terms of recruiting. Not like all the sudden we are bringing in top 25 recruiting class or even top 5 classes in our conference. Is it better than what we had been recruiting in the Big East?? Yes ... Is it even average for ACC in terms of recruiting?? NO...

Tallahassee
Miami
Atlanta
5 schools in the Carolinas
2 schools in Virginia
Louisville
Pittsburgh
Boston
Syracuse.

If an 18 year old kid had to pick a city to live in for 4-5 years, Syracuse would be at the bottom of a lot of lists.

Alsacs said:
Well please help us what have you heard? I trust the Rivals guy isn't going to throw something out there without atleast speaking to one of the parties.

I'm sure Shafer just didn't decide we didn't want him anymore. I'm sure MM is just putting a nice spin on it because that was what he was fed.

He probably got scared off by the lame attendance and shafer being publicly on the hot seat. Shafer probably didn't like that he was wavering. All parties then said it. I just hope he isn't in the ACC.

He probably got scared off by the lame attendance and shafer being publicly on the hot seat. Shafer probably didn't like that he was wavering. All parties then said it. I just hope he isn't in the ACC.
No, McA said it's not because of any hot seat talk. And he wasn't in the Dome on Saturday, so it clearly wasn't the attendance/atmosphere.

BVille44 said:
McAllister said the staff did not think Clark was going to fit in with the "culture" of the program. Surprised the staff was not willing to deal with with some baggage to land a 5 star commit. Now we will get to see this kid playing for Pitt in 2017.

Then why take his commit in the first place?

No, McA said it's not because of any hot seat talk. And he wasn't in the Dome on Saturday, so it clearly wasn't the attendance/atmosphere.

Why let that get in the way of some great negative speculating?

Then why take his commit in the first place?

I think "recent behavior" is the money quote. Wonder if something significant happened over the past week..

The only thing you're going to hear through the media is rhetoric. This staff publicly acknowledged this commitment and then hyped it.

What does that tell you about the last 2 weeks? I have an inkling to believe something has occurred. The staff wouldn't have been on board with this before if they were wavering internally.

Think about it.

tep624 said:
I think "recent behavior" is the money quote. Wonder if something significant happened over the past week..

Had to be some kind of incidence, like him not coming this weekend or something last week when he decided not to visit.

Had to be some kind of incidence, like him not coming this weekend or something last week when he decided not to visit.

Clark won't say anything, and the coaches can't.

We'll never know.

Well please help us what have you heard? I trust the Rivals guy isn't going to throw something out there without atleast speaking to one of the parties.

right...because no writer has ever just thrown stuff out there before.

If it's something he did that caused this, would Pitt take him?

If it's something he did that caused this, would Pitt take him?

Depends on what the situation is...if it's something legal, maybe/maybe not. If it's behavioral, maybe. It's just such a bizarre situation that who the hell really knows.

Finwad32 said:
The only thing you're going to hear through the media is rhetoric. This staff publicly acknowledged this commitment and then hyped it. What does that tell you about the last 2 weeks? I have an inkling to believe something has occurred. The staff wouldn't have been on board with this before if they were wavering internally. Think about it.

No! Hot take!!! Hot take!!!

Perhaps Shafer caught wind of him trying to land somewhere else. Scott has been around the block. Maybe someone alerted him to it and he said, "Enough is enough" and just decided it wasn't worth the aggravation.

Or, the kid really doesn't want to play football and is a prima dona.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom