Class of 2016 - TE Chris Clark to Pitt | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 TE Chris Clark to Pitt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that's not actually what he said. It's his conjecture over a potential part of the reasoning:

"The numbers are also something to consider. Syracuse wants immediate depth at the tight end position. Clark is not likely to see the field until the 2017 season. A waiver that could be filed with the NCAA to get him on the field next season does not have a strong possibility of being granted. "

There's really nothing in his story that is concrete as to the Why's.

What. The coaches said no to a 5 star for 2017 because we need another 2/3 star for 2016.

God, so its good know good things can't happen for us. This is not smart.
You realize that we don't actually know the reasoning, right? That was McA throwing out potential guesses for parts of the reasoning. There's absolutely zero to back it up. It's just his own speculation.

I do love some people jumping straight to blaming Shafer and his staff for speculative reasons rather than looking at it this way:

A kid who has already been committed to FOUR SCHOOLS before playing his second game of college football is no longer coming here. But sure, it's probably Shafer and the staff, and not Clark.

As soon as I saw this thread with multiple new posts I knew something bad had happened. Shoot. I'm not even worried about who's to blame or anything like that, I am just totally deflated after the losses combined with this and the stuff with Washington.

You realize that we don't actually know the reasoning, right? That was McA throwing out potential guesses for parts of the reasoning. There's absolutely zero to back it up. It's just his own speculation.
Well please help us what have you heard? I trust the Rivals guy isn't going to throw something out there without atleast speaking to one of the parties.

I do love some people jumping straight to blaming Shafer and his staff for speculative reasons rather than looking at it this way:

A kid who has already been committed to FOUR SCHOOLS before playing his second game of college football is no longer coming here. But sure, it's probably Shafer and the staff, and not Clark.

I am not blaming Shafer at all. Just pointing out one of the arguments for keep Shafer was the uptick in our recruiting and that we had a 5 star tight end coming in. That was told to me multiple times. Doesn't seem to be the case now for whatever reason.

Whose blaming Shafer? Anyone who has followed college football for more then a month knew this could was never gonna actually play a down here.

I am not blaming Shafer at all. Just pointing out one of the arguments for keep Shafer was the uptick in our recruiting and that we had a 5 star tight end coming in. That was told to me multiple times. Doesn't seem to be the case now for whatever reason.
The uptick to recruiting was already there. This would have simply been a cherry on top. If you can't see the progress made with the young talent this staff has brought in, I don't know what to tell you.

As soon as I saw this thread with multiple new posts I knew something bad had happened. Shoot. I'm not even worried about who's to blame or anything like that, I am just totally deflated after the losses combined with this and the stuff with Washington.
Me too. I saw this thread bumped and before I even clicked it, I thought, this won't be good. ugh

Well please help us what have you heard? I trust the Rivals guy isn't going to throw something out there without atleast speaking to one of the parties.
You do realize that the coaches can say nothing about a recruit... so who is telling the story...Clark. The kid that has committed and decommitted more times than I can keep track of.

McA was apparently just on the radio saying that it was purely a culture/fit thing. Someone summed up McA's radio appearance like this: "Can't take talent over culture. Syracuse moving on based on his history and his recent behavior. New info was made available it sounds like."

The uptick to recruiting was already there. This would have simply been a cherry on top. If you can't see the progress made with the young talent this staff has brought in, I don't know what to tell you.

The uptick in recruiting is all relative. Tired of that getting thrown around. It is an uptick from our Big East recruiting no doubt but we are still in the bottom of the ACC in terms of recruiting. Not like all the sudden we are bringing in top 25 recruiting class or even top 5 classes in our conference. Is it better than what we had been recruiting in the Big East?? Yes ... Is it even average for ACC in terms of recruiting?? NO...

McA was apparently just on the radio saying that it was purely a culture/fit thing. Someone summed up McA's radio appearance like this: "Can't take talent over culture. Syracuse moving on based on his history and his recent behavior. New info was made available it sounds like."
Wonder if something happened on his visit this weekend?

McAllister said the staff did not think Clark was going to fit in with the "culture" of the program. Surprised the staff was not willing to deal with with some baggage to land a 5 star commit. Now we will get to see this kid playing for Pitt in 2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom