Class of 2016 - TE Chris Clark to Pitt | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 TE Chris Clark to Pitt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jekelish is the winner. He has it correct. New information came out that was not know before. The school left it up to him to decommit and that is what happened. I knew this on Friday but really could not post because was told by someone in the athletic department and not sure if anyone else knew. I did not want to blow a potential future source of information or get that person into trouble by putting this out there. I don't know any other details. I didn't even expect it to happen this fast.

The only thing you're going to hear through the media is rhetoric. This staff publicly acknowledged this commitment and then hyped it.

What does that tell you about the last 2 weeks? I have an inkling to believe something has occurred. The staff wouldn't have been on board with this before if they were wavering internally.

Think about it.

Yeah they were all in. He was part of the future. In his interview he did the "mea culpa" about how he handled the recruiting process the first time around.

Something significant happened.

What? Why should we not be surprised? This is a stunning development.
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not about it being stunning that a kid who committed three times in high school and decided to transfer after one game in college is once again on the move.

SUFan44 said:
The staff was all over Twitter after the commitment. Now it's going in a different direction. Amazing.

What are they supposed to say:

"The Orange Revolution has been put on hold. #splat"

The told McAllister what they wanted out there. He messed up recently and that combined with his past? The said "adios"

If new information came out, that 100% explains why they were excited previously, and then turned around and decided to part ways. "We're excited! Wait...he did what? Oh, well, in that case...it's probably best if we stay away from each other."

You can be stoked if you go home from the bar with a 10, and brag to your friends about it, only to find out later she's crazy as hell and you're suddenly desperate to get out of the situation. It happens.

You know what, after the fiasco with Washington and now this, it really is tiring. It is impossible to get excited with this program. And that includes the last regime. Every time there is a big home game, we come up flat. We come up with two highly rated players and they flip. And not just flip. They flip quickly, and then we say, well, the coaches were really tired of this kid's act. It's one thing after another. The bottom line, don't blame fans if they don't show up.

dasher said:
You know what, after the fiasco with Washington and now this, it really is tiring. It is impossible to get excited with this program. And that includes the last regime. Every time there is a big home game, we come up flat. We come up with two highly rated players and they flip. And not just flip. They flip quickly, and then we say, well, the coaches were really tired of this kid's act. It's one thing after another. The bottom line, don't blame fans if they don't show up.

Putting this on the same page as Washington is probably unfair to both kids. These things happen.

If new information came out, that 100% explains why they were excited previously, and then turned around and decided to part ways. "We're excited! Wait...he did what? Oh, well, in that case...it's probably best if we stay away from each other."

You can be stoked if you go home from the bar with a 10, and brag to your friends about it, only to find out later she's crazy as hell and you're suddenly desperate to get out of the situation. It happens.
Problem with that, is that we sang that song with Robert Washington as well. He wasn't worth the trouble. yada yada. Maybe we should have learned more about him before we accepted the verbal. We are having a rough season. That is bad enough. But this fan base has got excited about 2 recruits and they both flipped. No way to spin that.

Problem with that, is that we sang that song with Robert Washington as well. He wasn't worth the trouble. yada yada. Maybe we should have learned more about him before we accepted the verbal. We are having a rough season. That is bad enough. But this fan base has got excited about 2 recruits and they both flipped. No way to spin that.
We did know about it to a degree. I can tell you right now that I was told Shafer was hesitant to take his commitment originally (RW, I mean).

I'm disappointed, believe me. I would love to have both of these players coming in. But there's a hell of a lot more going on behind the scenes than people realize.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not about it being stunning that a kid who committed three times in high school and decided to transfer after one game in college is once again on the move.
Totally serious. From what I read, he was a changed man. Learned his lesson.

Well in fairness, that's what HE was telling people, and I'm assuming that's what he was telling the staff.

spots.jpg

We did know about it to a degree. I can tell you right now that I was told Shafer was hesitant to take his commitment originally (RW, I mean).

I'm disappointed, believe me. I would love to have both of these players coming in. But there's a hell of a lot more going on behind the scenes than people realize.
There is always a lot more going on then people realize. What we do realize is that we are looking at another 3 or 4 win season. I can live with that. But that is with the condition that the future is bright. We got lucky with Dungey. No one including us, had any idea the kid was this good. But we need highly rated players. Clark and Washington are the type of kids that give us a SEC type offense. quite frankly, we are looking at more of the same with 2 and 3 star kids. Let's not fool ourselves.

There is always a lot more going on then people realize. What we do realize is that we are looking at another 3 or 4 win season. I can live with that. But that is with the condition that the future is bright. We got lucky with Dungey. No one including us, had any idea the kid was this good. But we need highly rated players. Clark and Washington are the type of kids that give us a SEC type offense. quite frankly, we are looking at more of the same with 2 and 3 star kids. Let's not fool ourselves.
Well, I'm gonna pat myself on the back and say that I thought Dungey would be a star. Excuse me while I go run a victory lap or two.

But in all seriousness: Dungey isn't the only guy who is panning out. Ishmael, Estime, Philips, Clark, Sheppard, Fredericks, Strickland...just some of the young guys without a ton of heavy interest (Clark's came very very late, remember) who the staff identified and who have panned out. At some point we have to give the staff credit for being able to identify talent among those 2-3 star types.

Well he took it.

I've generally been supportive based on the need to build a program, recruiting, etc (Marrone's NYC thing wasn't a program builder ) but end of the day this guy is making a 7 figure salary and there seems to be too much learning on the job.

If you're gonna sell recruiting well...

Well he took it.

I've generally been supportive based on the need to build a program, recruiting, etc (Marrone's NYC thing wasn't a program builder ) but end of the day this guy is making a 7 figure salary and there seems to be too much learning on the job.

If you're gonna sell recruiting well...
This is what I don't get as an argument. How can anyone look at the young players on this roster who are contributing right now, and who have already leapfrogged the upperclassmen, and let the decommitment of one or two kids with drama issues decide whether or not recruiting has been better?

It's ridiculous to me. One or two players out of how many?

This is what I don't get as an argument. How can anyone look at the young players on this roster who are contributing right now, and who have already leapfrogged the upperclassmen, and let the decommitment of one or two kids with drama issues decide whether or not recruiting has been better?

Thing for me is that if this stuff is happening with these kids now, what makes anyone think it would be any better once they are on campus?

My initial gut on him transferring here was no, and I hate that I was right on that - his talent is unquestionable and he would have been a great fit in our young offense. But it is what it is. Better to learn this now and move on.

Thing for me is that if this stuff is happening with these kids now, what makes anyone think it would be any better once they are on campus?

My initial gut on him transferring here was no, and I hate that I was right on that - his talent is unquestionable and he would have been a great fit in our young offense. But it is what it is. Better to learn this now and move on.
Exactly, and Shafer is trying to establish a culture. Even one kid can disrupt that. You may or may not be able to win more quickly taking a bunch of troubled highly ranked players, but that quickly catches up to you. The recruiting will continue to improve, as will the record. And, we will have a group of young men that are easy to root for.

I generally agree with you, but when the recruiting guys routinley bring up the 4 and 5 star talent as reasons for keeping HCSS, and well both those guys dont ever make it to campus, then....draw your own conclusions.

Nice players are one thing. Game changers are another. We are loading up with some nice players that can compete in the day in and out of the ACC.

Not sure who is being leapfrogged that can play at this level. We've been through that conversation.

Part of the SS rationale is selling recruiting - game changing guys at the skill positions. Well we lost 2 as quickly as we got em.

It's not like The Franchise side of our athletic department hasn't had less than stellar guys but they make it work.

You just might be to close to see. Yeah, we are bringing in some nice players. Players for the most part, that no one else really wanted that our coaches have identified that were better than other coaches. Do you think that is how you win long term? You don't. No one is that much smarter than the other coaches who by the way, keep beating us on the field. We need highly rated players. It gives the program juice. A 4 and a 5 star guy. That buys you time. And all this talk after the flip is really disgusting. Every day, we look more small time. Getting Clark and Washington make us look big time. Wow. Something is happening up at Syracuse. But at the end of the day, there isn't anything happening at Syracuse. maybe in three or four years, we can go 7-5. I'm sorry, I have been a defender of SS and this staff, but if I wanted to be jerked around, I'll do it myself.

Exactly, and Shafer is trying to establish a culture. Even one kid can disrupt that. You may or may not be able to win more quickly taking a bunch of troubled highly ranked players, but that quickly catches up to you. The recruiting will continue to improve, as will the record. And, we will have a group of young men that are easy to root for.

Agree completely. I was watching the presser from Saturday post game of Zaire, Ish and Dungey and was so impressed with the maturity of these kids.

You just might be to close to see. Yeah, we are bringing in some nice players. Players for the most part, that no one else really wanted that our coaches have identified that were better than other coaches. Do you think that is how you win long term? You don't. No one is that much smarter than the other coaches who by the way, keep beating us on the field. We need highly rated players. It gives the program juice. A 4 and a 5 star guy. That buys you time. And all this talk after the flip is really disgusting. Every day, we look more small time. Getting Clark and Washington make us look big time. Wow. Something is happening up at Syracuse. But at the end of the day, there isn't anything happening at Syracuse. maybe in three or four years, we can go 7-5. I'm sorry, I have been a defender of SS and this staff, but if I wanted to be jerked around, I'll do it myself.
Exactly. We are recruiting better kids and guess what we are also playing more talented teams in conference play every year.

Our recruiting was bad and now it is less bad, but is doesn't mean squat if you aren't bringing in 4-5 star kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom