Class of 2016 - TE Chris Clark to Pitt | Page 31 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 TE Chris Clark to Pitt

Status
Not open for further replies.
After searching for more info on the Clark fiasco, I found out he spent some time at don Bosco (he's been to 2 or 3 high schools). I reached out to a friend of mine via text whose son played for bosco. Lets just say from the brief texting we did, the staff looks to have this one right. He told me he and his son would share some" good stories" When we see each other.

Troy Aikmen transferred. Was he 5 stars? Plenty of great players move about. That is a silly comment by Millhouse. Mora is a a-hole of the first order. And once again, every big time program wanted Washington. None wanted Fredericks (who I love). We aren't smarter than everyone else. And Fredericks could get hurt. Talent is sometimes more difficult than average (almost always it is).
thank you for choosing a guy who was recruited in 1982-1983 as an example of how silly my comment is about 5 stars who transfer likely isn't a five star.

Last edited:
Lets just say the teams from the 90's had some bad apples and our basketball team hasn't had the best character players either, yet they both seemed to win. Not saying I want a team full of convicts but their are some players worth the risk.

Interesting factoid. Per Yahoo...
(Haven't read the whole thread so please delete this if its already been posted.)

"...

Chris Clark, the freshman tight end who signed with UCLA and parted ways with the Bruins in September, will not be transferring to Syracuse.

Clark committed to the Orange recently. He had left the Bruins and went back home to New Jersey. He had started looking at new destinations and Syracuse became a top choice. According to CuseConfid...com, he committed to Syracuse on October 15.

And, according to Clark, Syracuse isn't accepting his commitment.

"They decided to go a different way and not honor my commitment," Clark told CuseConfid...com

He told the site that he was excited to commit to Syracuse.

"I was pumped also. I don't understand," Clark said.

..."

---------
Still sucks though.

thank you for choosing a guy who was recruited in 1982-1983 as an example of how my comment about 5 stars who transfer likely isn't a five star.
That was off the top of my head. To say a guy that is a 5 star isn't a 5 star because he transfers is ridiculous. Guys transfer for all sorts of reasons. I think we had a basketball player transfer here just a few years ago that was player of the year in the big east in his first year.

Interesting factoid. Per Yahoo...
(Haven't read the whole thread so please delete this if its already been posted.)

"...

Chris Clark, the freshman tight end who signed with UCLA and parted ways with the Bruins in September, will not be transferring to Syracuse.

Clark committed to the Orange recently. He had left the Bruins and went back home to New Jersey. He had started looking at new destinations and Syracuse became a top choice. According to CuseConfid...com, he committed to Syracuse on October 15.

And, according to Clark, Syracuse isn't accepting his commitment.

"They decided to go a different way and not honor my commitment," Clark told CuseConfid...com

He told the site that he was excited to commit to Syracuse.

"I was pumped also. I don't understand," Clark said.

..."

---------
Still sucks though.
Glad Shafer decided not to honor it. From everything I was hearing, it sounded like it wasn't worth the trouble. I then had a few people tell me that was overblown but it looks like all the reports and rumors were spot on. Good luck to Chris, he's going to need it.

Classic big head syndrome.

Glad Shafer decided not to honor it. From everything I was hearing, it sounded like it wasn't worth the trouble. I then had a few people tell me that was overblown but it looks like all the reports and rumors were spot on. Good luck to Chris, he's going to need it.

Don't successful programs and coaches deal with these kind of kids every day? I wish every kid was a gem. But they are not. Now, I have no knowledge of what his problem is. If it is legal, see ya. But if it is a big head, it would seem that is something that a strong coach should be able to handle.

I'm sure you do. But you are hearing it from one side.
I'm actually hearing things from multiple people who are all telling the same basic story.

I'm actually hearing things from multiple people who are all telling the same basic story.
But they would be hearing it basically from the same source. Sort of like Chris Mortonson's incorrect report that 11 football's were 2 psi short. He had 3 sources. He didn't know that each source had got their information from the same one source. This kid might be a bad kid. And Washington might be a bad kid. I guess we can't recruit highly rated good kids.

But they would be hearing it basically from the same source. Sort of like Chris Mortonson's incorrect report that 11 football's were 2 psi short. He had 3 sources. He didn't know that each source had got their information from the same one source.
That's fair enough but at the same time: we're really only hearing anything from one side as is, and that's Clark's, since the coaches can't comment. I prefer giving the benefit of the doubt to the coaches side, rather than to the side of the kid who has already been committed to and spurned 4 schools before ever catching a pass.

I really, really wanted it to work out with this kid. I hope he gets his head on straight and finds success somewhere. But I'm fine with moving on based on what I've been told.

I read that he got reamed out by Coach Mora at UCLA when he showed up for practice in street clothes (while recovering from Mono) and was talking on his cell phone.

That's fair enough but at the same time: we're really only hearing anything from one side as is, and that's Clark's, since the coaches can't comment. I prefer giving the benefit of the doubt to the coaches side, rather than to the side of the kid who has already been committed to and spurned 4 schools before ever catching a pass.

I really, really wanted it to work out with this kid. I hope he gets his head on straight and finds success somewhere. But I'm fine with moving on based on what I've been told.
If we want to make the jump and start beating really good teams, we need difference makers. As I said, if this kid has trouble with the law, different story. If it is something short of that, I say we take him and really, he has to behave. We would be his last shot. Give me a washington and a Clark with a couple of fast wide outs and Dungey. High SEC level offense.

I'm with Jek on this one. Why add a bad apple to the close knit group of players that we have were there are no selfish personalities? This team seems really tight and have each others back. From what I am reading Clark only has his back.

Well the drama queens didn't even consider coming here a few years ago, so that has to be a positive right? Maybe we'll move past the drama queen underbelly of 4 and 5 stars and start landing the quality ones.
Agreed. I think we need guys with 4 or 5 star talent and 2 or 3 star egos.

See this here is what I can't stand. Say what your hearing or say nothing at all.

And don't give me ooh if i say something the people I hear it from will never give me anything again. You can still post it without saying who/where you heard it from.

Again say what your hearing or say nothing at all. Enough with this Coy wording.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom