Class of 2016 - TE Chris Clark to Pitt | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 TE Chris Clark to Pitt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chad Kelly sez hello
Some kids mature later than some others. Then again some never mature. Then again some guys become stars in the NFL and make millions of dollars and never mature. I'm not sure the NFL really cares what you do as long as you have talent. I think the only thing holding Ray Rice back is his age. If he was five years younger he would be on someone's roster right now.

Here's the problem - given that we've pulled the plug on our two highest rated recruits, I'm not sure what to think when it comes to our involvement with elite talents anymore. My base assumption is they're shaky.

I'd rather my base assumption with high profile recruits is just that they're going to be awesome. We haven't even gotten these commits on campus.

Obviously there's a common denominator with a bunch of the highly rated kids, academics. If Blair had the grades he'd be playing at tOSU this year. Obviously grades scared away a lot of the suitors for KJ and Edouard. As in the case of Clark, and RW, headcase/drama queens. Basically the ones we end up having a chance with are the ones who are damaged goods.

Obviously there's a common denominator with a bunch of the highly rated kids, academics. If Blair had the grades he'd be playing at tOSU this year. Obviously grades scared away a lot of the suitors for KJ and Edouard. As in the case of Clark, and RW, headcase/drama queens. Basically the ones we end up having a chance with are the ones who are damaged goods.
Yep. Sucks.

Whatever is happening, I try and remind myself these are just kids. In these days of social media and Internet fan boards it's easy to knock these kids while forgetting what we were like at 17-20. I give all parties the benefit of the doubt here and am fine now with the "It wasn't a good fit" explanation.

Some kids mature later than some others. Then again some never mature. Then again some guys become stars in the NFL and make millions of dollars and never mature. I'm not sure the NFL really cares what you do as long as you have talent. I think the only thing holding Ray Rice back is his age. If he was five years younger he would be on someone's roster right now.
Exactly. Which is why for ghe life of me, I don't understand why we rule a kid out because he doesn't fit the "culture". Who knows how he is going to pan out? Who has the crystal ball? Why can't we give them a chance? Broyld had character issues and we took him. Okay, it didn't work, we got rid of him.Can we afford, can Shafer afford, to rule out 5 star recruits because of potential problems down the road? Maybe they need the family guidance And atmosphere Shafer is providing! Help me with this. :bang:

Exactly. Which is why for ghe life of me, I don't understand why we rule a kid out because he doesn't fit the "culture". Who knows how he is going to pan out? Who has the crystal ball? Why can't we give them a chance? Broyld had character issues and we took him. Okay, it didn't work, we got rid of him.Can we afford, can Shafer afford, to rule out 5 star recruits because of potential problems down the road? Maybe they need the family guidance And atmosphere Shafer is providing! Help me with this. :bang:
The kid was here for a visit this weekend and then his offer is pulled. The math tells me he did something stupid this weekend. With a track record of issues it may have been too much

Obviously something happened that we will never know.

The kid was here for a visit this weekend and then his offer is pulled. The math tells me he did something stupid this weekend. With a track record of issues it may have been too much
He did not visit this weekend.

Whatever happened had to have been bad. The bad PR from yanking his offer had to be contemplated. I'll bet this wasn't over missing a curfew or something. Wonder if something happened on his first visit, that wasn't discovered until recently.

Whatever happened had to have been bad. The bad PR from yanking his offer had to be contemplated. I'll bet this wasn't over missing a curfew or something. Wonder if something happened on his first visit, that wasn't discovered until recently.

It really wasn't

You know what, after the fiasco with Washington and now this, it really is tiring. It is impossible to get excited with this program. And that includes the last regime. Every time there is a big home game, we come up flat. We come up with two highly rated players and they flip. And not just flip. They flip quickly, and then we say, well, the coaches were really tired of this kid's act. It's one thing after another. The bottom line, don't blame fans if they don't show up.

So maybe they don't show up then. BFD. Both of those kids you referenced have ridiculously tumultuous situations, so this isn't necessarily on the staff. Good riddance IMO.

Not directly towards you dasher, but I simply cannot stand the nonstop defeatist attitude around here. Some of you must sleep upside down during the day and get crazy at night. The world is not ending and frankly this is going to be an exciting ass team very, very soon. We're on the cusp, so need to freak out and say the sky is falling.

The record at 3-4 is the only real negative going on with this team right now. Could very easily be 5-2, maybe even 6-1. We got a young team with excellent playmakers at key positions. The future is bright and we still have 5 HUGE games to play this year.

Don't jump back on the bandwagon once things start to take off... soon.

So maybe they don't show up then. BFD. Both of those kids you referenced have ridiculously tumultuous situations, so this isn't necessarily on the staff. Good riddance IMO.

Not directly towards you dasher, but I simply cannot stand the nonstop defeatist attitude around here. Some of you must sleep upside down during the day and get crazy at night. The world is not ending and frankly this is going to be an exciting ass team very, very soon. We're on the cusp, so need to freak out and say the sky is falling.

The record at 3-4 is the only real negative going on with this team right now. Could very easily be 5-2, maybe even 6-1. We got a young team with excellent playmakers at key positions. The future is bright and we still have 5 HUGE games to play this year.

Eh, our hoops team had plenty of kids that fit that bill and yet they seemed to win a lot.

Well you responded to my post. And not keeping either 4 star or 5 star guys after we got them is kind if a big deal. We have been saying we are on the verge for 15 years. I like our young kids but in order to be something other than 7-5 at best, we need great players. Our coaches aren't that much better at seeing undeveloped talent than every other p-5 coach. We just aren't. We have had three highly rated players verbal and not one of them is coming here. It is very tough to just have blind faith after all this time.

Well you responded to my post. And not keeping either 4 star or 5 star guys after we got them is kind if a big deal. We have been saying we are on the verge for 15 years. I like our young kids but in order to be something other than 7-5 at best, we need great players. Our coaches aren't that much better at seeing undeveloped talent than every other p-5 coach. We just aren't. We have had three highly rated players verbal and not one of them is coming here. It is very tough to just have blind faith after all this time.

As Millhouse said earlier, "a 5 star recruit who transfers likely isn't a 5 star recruit"...

Robert Washington is vastly overrated IMO. Jordan Fredericks will be a 4 year starter anyways.

The goal isnt for Shafer to out recruit Marrone, Robinson or Pasqualoni. The goal is to out recruit our peer schools (PITT, BC, Wake, NC State, Louisville, Duke, etc) and then to eventually land recruits the biggest programs are after.
The goal is to win- whether its w/ 2-stars, a'la Boise, or whatever.
The question remains as to whether HCSS is the man to take us to those wins. Frankly, incidents like this, whether his fault or not, do not help our cause. JMHO

As Millhouse said earlier, "a 5 star recruit who transfers likely isn't a 5 star recruit"...

Robert Washington is vastly overrated IMO. Jordan Fredericks will be a 4 year starter anyways.
Troy Aikmen transferred. Was he 5 stars? Plenty of great players move about. That is a silly comment by Millhouse. Mora is a a-hole of the first order. And once again, every big time program wanted Washington. None wanted Fredericks (who I love). We aren't smarter than everyone else. And Fredericks could get hurt. Talent is sometimes more difficult than average (almost always it is).

Troy Aikmen transferred. Was he 5 stars? Plenty of great players move about. That is a silly comment by Millhouse. Mora is a a-hole of the first order. And once again, every big time program wanted Washington. None wanted Fredericks (who I love). We aren't smarter than everyone else. And Fredericks could get hurt. Talent is sometimes more difficult than average (almost always it is).

It was a double tongue in cheek about the millhouse comment. ;)

Maybe the offer got pulled because the coaches would rather use it on a player who has 4 years and can contribute in 2016. Let's not rush and bash a kid or even the coaches because it's the easy thing to do. This was a year with few scholarships anyway. Also, that line of thinking is consistent with the staff's aversion for signing juco players.

Just let the process play out, people.

According to the DO, Chris wanted to come to SU. Something else MUST be up with him.

Even if he ate a scholly for 3 years just to play one, I'd think that SS would have still wanted him.

According to the DO, Chris wanted to come to SU. Something else MUST be up with him.

Even if he ate a scholly for 3 years just to play one, I'd think that SS would have still wanted him.
Just a guess, but maybe it has to do with the reason he transferred from UCLA in the first place. I'm sure SS has good reason to do this but it really sucks.

Just a guess, but maybe it has to do with the reason he transferred from UCLA in the first place. I'm sure SS has good reason to do this but it really sucks.

I heard it is because we are recruiting another TE for next season. He is about 6'6 and goes by the name Diley Rixon.

Somebody knows what went on. Not sure why it would be so secret. I hope it comes out as im curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom