Class of 2014 - TE/DE Trey Klock - PA | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 TE/DE Trey Klock - PA

No he didn't. Another account tweeted about Syracuse being the Loudhouse and said they hoped Trey Klock would come to the school. Tyree retweeted that and just added onto it "Home of Legends... lets go Orange." Klock retweeted that claiming Tyree sent him a message but Tyree never made any sort of actual contact with him besides retweeting something his name was in. Tyree never touched on the part in the tweet about Klock.

Anyone else feel like this when trying to decipher twitter?

th

GT ...sigh. The Klock struck 12 and coach McDonald turned into a pumpkin on this one. Next!

GT ...sigh. The Klock struck 12 and coach McDonald turned into a pumpkin on this one. Next!

not really sure what McDonald had to do with his recruitment? from what i have seen the staff moved on to Custis?

Why would any TE want to play in a triple option attack unless you love to block and are afraid of catching a football? Any time they do throw, it is to just their main receiver. He must be going as a DE, otherwise he basically ruined his chanced for making the next level.

Why would any TE want to play in a triple option attack unless you love to block and are afraid of catching a football? Any time they do throw, it is to just their main receiver. He must be going as a DE, otherwise he basically ruined his chanced for making the next level.

I believe they were the only school to recruit him as a DE

They recruited him as a D-lineman.

Can we recruit him now if Johnson leaves tech??

This kid was a multi year starter for GT. He is looking to grad transfer to be close to home. I know he was heavily recruited by Shafer, I wonder if the staff take a look at him?

This kid was a multi year starter for GT. He is looking to grad transfer to be close to home. I know he was heavily recruited by Shafer, I wonder if the staff take a look at him?
I know Temple is interested. Also saw he may drop down to FCS. Not sure we're looking for depth at OL anyway.

Also, fun fact - He's a high school teammate of Penn State's Fat Kicker.

Might allow us to redshirt Hackett?...

If he was a multi year started for GT on the Oline then we most definitely should be taking a good hard look at him. We have extra scholarships available and depth on the Oline is always a plus. Its not like our line was dominate last year by any stretch.

If he was a multi year started for GT on the Oline then we most definitely should be taking a good hard look at him. We have extra scholarships available and depth on the Oline is always a plus. Its not like our line was dominate last year by any stretch.
I'd rather let the younger guys that were recruited for this system play on the OL and get experience. Quick fixes aren't the best thing on the OL.

Just because he started somewhere else, in a massively different scheme, it doesn't guarantee he's worth taking a look at. Also, he started a total of 9 games in two years. It's not like he was a Justin Pugh.

Just because he started somewhere else, in a massively different scheme, it doesn't guarantee he's worth taking a look at. Also, he started a total of 9 games in two years. It's not like he was a Justin Pugh.

I see it as added depth at a position of importance. Call it insurance. Maybe he comes in and starts, maybe he doesn't, but with extra scholarships to give I can not see how this hurts. What if we have an injury, or even two at his position this year and we don't have him? On the flip side if everything runs perfectly and we have a couple guys a head of him, then maybe he gets in during some mop up time decreasing the chances of a starter getting injured. What's the risk? A scholarship that's going to go to a walk-on? IMO I offer the kid.

I see it as added depth at a position of importance. Call it insurance. Maybe he comes in and starts, maybe he doesn't, but with extra scholarships to give I can not see how this hurts. What if we have an injury, or even two at his position this year and we don't have him? On the flip side if everything runs perfectly and we have a couple guys a head of him, then maybe he gets in during some mop up time decreasing the chances of a starter getting injured. What's the risk? A scholarship that's going to go to a walk-on? IMO I offer the kid.
We have more glaring needs. RB, WR, DL especially.

We have more glaring needs. RB, WR, DL especially.

Totally agree with that. If we only had 3 scholarships available and we had a DL, RB, and a WR the staff like lined up I would have no problem passing on this kid.

Not Pugh, but you just described AET. If SU staff feels he is better than our bad OL then I would be good with a 1 year stop gap.

Not Pugh, but you just described AET. If SU staff feels he is better than our bad OL then I would be good with a 1 year stop gap.
AET isn't going to happen over and over again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom