Tecmo Super Bowl Fanstasy draft | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Tecmo Super Bowl Fanstasy draft

If Cusetroop wants to keep Hampton then go ahead IO. We can give Compensatory draft picks at the end of the draft we need to. BTW, I am going to play a season with great Haddox again and try to scratch the Buccaneers off my 19-0 list with them and the Pats.
Go for it, bro. Great challenge. I am pretty sure I haven't pulled this one off yet, but might revisit after I stomp a little AFC with the Oilers. Good luck. I think you can do it.

Go for it, bro. Great challenge. I am pretty sure I haven't pulled this one off yet, but might revisit after I stomp a little AFC with the Oilers. Good luck. I think you can do it.
I love the run and shoot offense of the Oilers and White is a good back. When you play D typically unless you have a stud like LT or Thomas, Haddix, what position do you play D as a LB, DB or DL?

I love the run and shoot offense of the Oilers and White is a good back. When you play D typically unless you have a stud like LT or Thomas, Haddix, what position do you play D as a LB, DB or DL?
DB, they have a few studs in their secondary. Really playing good defense right now, and haven't ran one play yet with White. 7-0. I might get him touches late in the season if stats start to max out though. ;)

Oh, my bad. I didn't read it correctly at first. I first was just answering with respect to Houston, but normally, my preference would be:
  1. ROLB
  2. RCB
  3. FS
  4. SS
  5. LCB
I would have to have one slick defender in one of these spots. Out of desperation, would then have to roll with RE then LE.

Imperial on the clock?
Tecmo_SuperBowl_NES_ScreenShot1.jpg

Round 7 pick#? ImperialOrange selects David Meggett RB/NYG

He's quick, he's shifty and he can catch. Tee made a good point about never having 2 RB's in the backfield and he's right for a lot of snaps however on a fair amount of plays your 2nd RB is lined up as your 3rd or 4th WR so need one that can catch and make big plays. Meggett is that dude as well as a nasty kick returner.

If Cusetroop wants to keep Hampton then go ahead IO. We can give Compensatory draft picks at the end of the draft we need to. BTW, I am going to play a season with great Haddox again and try to scratch the Buccaneers off my 19-0 list with them and the Pats.

There you go. You're up

He's quick, he's shifty and he can catch. Tee made a good point about never having 2 RB's in the backfield and he's right for a lot of snaps however on a fair amount of plays your 2nd RB is lined up as your 3rd or 4th WR so need one that can catch and make big plays. Meggett is that dude as well as a nasty kick returner.

You took my pick, I LOVED MEGGETT more than any player in this game. He had the stretch run play to the left and the shotgun run play which was useless against humans, but against the CPU was money. Meggett is the best catching RB in this game, and can be your PR and KR as well.

Round 7 Alsacs selects my guy from the Eagles the late great Jerome Brown LB/Eagles. I had lots of 50+ sack seasons with Jerome.

This was my sleeper. Nice pick. Frikkin Fudge. But nice pick. :)

You took my pick, I LOVED MEGGETT more than any player in this game. He had the stretch run play to the left and the shotgun run play which was useless against humans, but against the CPU was money. Meggett is the best catching RB in this game, and can be your PR and KR as well.

Round 7 Alsacs selects my guy from the Eagles the late great Jerome Brown LB/Eagles. I had lots of 50+ sack seasons with Jerome.
One of the best ILBs in the game, well done.

Btw, although I am 10-0, Moon took a hit and is out indefinitely. I gave Lorenzo a few runs towards the end of the game, especially that I don't trust my 2nd QB. Speaking of which, what the heckfire is a Cody Carlson? Cause it sure isn't a quarterback. :rolleyes:

I think Derrick Thomas needs a buddy. I'm digging deep into the memory banks for this one . . .

Derrick Thomas Corpses select Stephon Page

Also good pick Digable, I wanted ideally to get a WR and Bennett with my next two. He's got a lot of speed, he is a steal at this point in the draft.

David Meggett was a real fun back to play with and I loved playing with ILB's like Brown and the Bills Shane Conlan.

I haven't taken a LB yet, so lets solve that...

Round 7, DigaBills select Cornelius Bennett LB/Bills

CorneliusBennett.jpg
That was my next pick. Good job. Kid was nice.

Houston, 12-0

Moon, almost 4400 yards passing and 63 TDs, 150 yards rushing with 10 TDs, not even close to throwing a pick, 82% completions and over 302 rating, #1 passer in league
Receivers
Hill 1319 and 21 TDs
Givins 1676 and 22 TDs
Jeffries 1002 and 11TDs, 46 receptions is second best in the NFL (might go for lead, but want Duncan to get 1000 yards first)
Duncan 714 and 14 TDs
I really like spreading the ball around, might get White involved, but would rather get Duncan to 1K and Jeffries to win reception title.

The guy I control is leading the NFL with 22 sacks and has 5 INTs
Just clinched the division. Surprisingly, in 1 1/2 games, Cody held his own.

New Bitmap Image.jpg

I think Derrick Thomas needs a buddy. I'm digging deep into the memory banks for this one . . .

Derrick Thomas Corpses select Stephon Page

Also good pick Digable, I wanted ideally to get a WR and Bennett with my next two. He's got a lot of speed, he is a steal at this point in the draft.
Haha. I was hoping to get Bennett and a WR too. But I'm going to select Stephone Paige. He was better than Stephon Page. :p

Great pick. I thought I was going to slip Paige in. I had his rookie card all set to add to my pick any everything. Now I'm not sure what to do. Second LB, RB or WR?

ok need to noodle on my next two picks for a bit will have them by 8 at the latest

Houston, 12-0

Moon, almost 4400 yards passing and 63 TDs, 150 yards rushing with 10 TDs
Receivers
Hill 1319 and 21 TDs
Givins 1676 and 22 TDs
Jeffries 1002 and 11TDs, 46 receptions is second best in the NFL (might go for lead, but want Duncan to get 1000 yards first)
Duncan 714 and 14 TDs
I really like spreading the ball around, might get White involved, but would rather get Duncan to 1K and Jeffries to win reception title.

The guy I control is leading the NFL with 22 sacks and has 5 INTs
Just clinched the division. Surprisingly, in 1 1/2 games, Cody held his own.

View attachment 3594
Are the Bengals that plucky to stay only 2 games back? Whenever I simed a season the AFC East was either Buffalo or Miami. AFC North was Houston or Cincinnati AFC West was WIDE open anybody could win it, but the Seahawks, but the Los Angeles Raiders or Kansas City won it the most. Wildcards would come from BUF/MIA, HOU/CIN, AFC West.

Haha. I was hoping to get Bennett and a WR too. But I'm going to select Stephone Paige. He was better than Stephon Page. :p

Great pick. I thought I was going to slip Paige in. I had his rookie card all set to add to my pick any everything. Now I'm not sure what to do. Second LB, RB or WR?

Ha, that's how little I remember him, I couldn't even spell his name right. All I remember is he had the same stats at Sterling Sharpe, which should be decent speed and really good catching.

Are the Bengals that plucky to stay only 2 games back? Whenever I simed a season the AFC East was either Buffalo or Miami. AFC North was Houston or Cincinnati AFC West was WIDE open anybody could win it, but the Seahawks, but the Los Angeles Raiders or Kansas City won it the most. Wildcards would come from BUF/MIA, HOU/CIN, AFC West.
Actually,
Pitt 7-5
Cincy 4-7
Cle 3-8
but I played Cincy twice already.
It's all random, I see the Giants getting housed by bad teams sometimes, I'm guessing it's a crap shoot.
Except in the AFC Central. :D

Ha, that's how little I remember him, I couldn't even spell his name right. All I remember is he had the same stats at Sterling Sharpe, which should be decent speed and really good catching.
I wanna say he was better than Sterling, but I probably played more with KC because of Okoye then I did with GB so that may be a factor.

End of the regular season and will post playoffs but won't play tonight.
16-0
#1 defense
#1 pass defense
#15 rush defense

Moon
#1 rated QB
78.3 completion percentage
5082 yards
0 interceptions
63 TDs (did I max out or rush the last few TDs? he was injured again, but doesn't make sense, maybe there's a cap)
266.2 rating (went down as Giants and Browns were rat bastids last few games)
244 rushing yards, 13TDs
Cody Carlson
802 yards passing on 75%, 12 TDs, 73 rushing yards
Lorenzo White
23 yards, 2 TDs, very limited touches, but he might come in handy in playoffs

Jeffries
#1 NFL receptions title
1430 yards, 15 TDs
Givins
2057 receiving yards, 27 TDs
Hill
1361 yards, 21 TDs
Duncan
1036 yards, 20 TDs
All four receivers with over 1000 and didn't even realize Givins made it to 2K til I just looked

My Defensive player
NFL sack leader with 35
5 interceptions
Entire defense had 16 INTs and 67 sacks

Although I housed the Giants week 17, LT was a nightmare, sacked Moon many times, and Meggett was a complete nut, at least a 105 yard kickoff return as if to say, that's what you get tee, for holding out on picking me. Pretty sure OJ had a rush TD, but that was it, beat them 35-14 or so.

Nevertheless, cpu speed is crazy, might as well take a sack or go out of bounds if it's not there right away. Proud to say I haven't cheated, but have to bring my A game going into the playoffs. First round bye is well deserved. We'll see.

Wow is this getting tough.. I had to keep double checking the draft board before I put in my picks. Regardless after another day of landscaping and working outside here are my picks.

The WOO select John Taylor WR/SF

The WOO then select Earnest Byner RB/WAS

Needed to get some more offensive weaponry. Taylor was a damn good WR if you actually threw to him once and a while.. of course who would care to with Rice next to him. Byner was a decent RB - always was able to maneuver pretty well with him. Going with a theme of a team that has guys that can make ppl miss in the flats with Sanders/Byner.

Wow is this getting tough.. I had to keep double checking the draft board before I put in my picks. Regardless after another day of landscaping and working outside here are my picks.

The WOO select John Taylor WR/SF

The WOO then select Earnest Byner RB/WAS

Needed to get some more offensive weaponry. Taylor was a damn good WR if you actually threw to him once and a while.. of course who would care to with Rice next to him. Byner was a decent RB - always was able to maneuver pretty well with him. Going with a theme of a team that has guys that can make ppl miss in the flats with Sanders/Byner.
Man, I had Paige and Taylor 1 and 2 on my list. Now what? I don't even want to look until the General drafts. If I pick my guy ahead of time its a given he'll get picked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom