Tecmo Super Bowl Fanstasy draft | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Tecmo Super Bowl Fanstasy draft

Interesting. Sounds like something I did 15 years ago when real fantasy sports were non exsistant. I was the coach of UC Irvine.

I think it sounds awesome. They do a game each day.. I asked AFO to post more info on his thread, so we dont hijack this one

i really miss the small world fantasy leagues.. their value and point systems were a lot of fun

I miss when fantasy sports drafts didn't pre rank players and give cheat sheets. I used to clean up but now any dumb can accidentally autodraft themselves a winning team. Vlad Guerrero on the Montreal Expos was a beast and I'd always get him waaaaay later than his stats would dictate he should. At 12 years old I was clowning all the old heads in fantasy baseball leagues.

I miss when fantasy sports drafts didn't pre rank players and give cheat sheets. I used to clean up but now any dumb can accidentally autodraft themselves a winning team. Vlad Guerrero on the Montreal Expos was a beast and I'd always get him waaaaay later than his stats would dictate he should. At 12 years old I was clowning all the old heads in fantasy baseball leagues.
I did the same thing. The non-glove wearing lumberjack literally still is supporting my fantasy habits today with the nest egg built up.

Sorry for the wait. I'm here. Since it looks like Sean Landeta is already taken...;)

Round 1 #6 pick, Digable selects Thurman Thomas RB/Bills

Because I'm a Bills homer and because he was a damn good receiver. Plus there are still some very good running backs, but I'm afraid to see what I would be picking from at the position if I waited until the next round.

This is getting good! I'm positive that my turn is going to be dirty (in the good sense)!

Okay, is it just me or is there a little too much love on this thread? I guess its up to me to be the and start talking a little trash (please don't take any of it seriously, you guys are automatically among my favorite posters on this site jut by your love of Tecmo).

On that note, I want to tell you all what you did wrong with your picks, and thus why I am smarter than you.

Orangepace - Wish I could criticize this pick. I cant. You need a superstar linebacker to play good D in Tecmo, it is the most important defensive position by far, and you got the best one. So I will just say this . . . picking LT first is the same as condoning cocaine use . . .for shame!

Speaking of needing a superstar linebacker to excel at Tecmo bowl. LT may be the best by a long margin, but Derrick Thomas is the second best by a pretty good distance, and this is not a position I want to be weak at. Therefore . . .

The Derrick Thomas Corpses (yes I'm pluralizing this, R.I.P.) select Derrick Thomas with the 8th pick in the Tecmo Bowl Draft.

Now onto my criticisms.

Tee - You selected Bo Jackson with the second pick? Sure he is fast, but do you know what his catching is? Something like 19! Way too one dimensional for the second pick. What would Paul Pasqualoni say? He'd tell you to get more multiple, of course.

Cusetroop - The award for slowest running back taken in the 2013 Tecmo draft goes to . . . Cusetroop.

ImperialOrange - Damn you for taking the number 1 ranked player on my board! Damn you! Your offense is now very multiple. Even though this is just a fantasy draft I still hope QB Eagles somehow gets hurt.

Alsacs - Remeber what it was like to play Jerry Rice? In a word - annoying. You'd set San Fran up, or just have everybody well covered. Of course they would throw to Jerry Rice even if he was triple teamed. And the goddamn guy would catch it! How do you catch something THROUGH three defenders bodies? Enjoy your black magic voodoo. You will be going to hell for this pick . . . though it may be worth it.

Digable - Thurman Thomas is a good pick, no doubt. Good enough to get you to the Super Bowl? I say yes. Good enough to win the Super Bowl? I forget . . . what happened in 1990 again?

Okay, is it just me or is there a little too much love on this thread? I guess its up to me to be the and start talking a little trash (please don't take any of it seriously, you guys are automatically among my favorite posters on this site jut by your love of Tecmo).

On that note, I want to tell you all what you did wrong with your picks, and thus why I am smarter than you.

Orangepace - Wish I could criticize this pick. I cant. You need a superstar linebacker to play good D in Tecmo, it is the most important defensive position by far, and you got the best one. So I will just say this . . . picking LT first is the same as condoning cocaine use . . .for shame!

Speaking of needing a superstar linebacker to excel at Tecmo bowl. LT may be the best by a long margin, but Derrick Thomas is the second best by a pretty good distance, and this is not a position I want to be weak at. Therefore . . .

The Derrick Thomas Corpses (yes I'm pluralizing this, R.I.P.) select Derrick Thomas with the 8th pick in the Tecmo Bowl Draft.

Now onto my criticisms.

Tee - You selected Bo Jackson with the second pick? Sure he is fast, but do you know what his catching is? Something like 19! Way too one dimensional for the second pick. What would Paul Pasqualoni say? He'd tell you to get more multiple, of course.

Cusetroop - The award for slowest running back taken in the 2013 Tecmo draft goes to . . . Cusetroop.

ImperialOrange - Damn you for taking the number 1 ranked player on my board! Damn you! Your offense is now very multiple. Even though this is just a fantasy draft I still hope QB Eagles somehow gets hurt.

Alsacs - Remeber what it was like to play Jerry Rice? In a word - annoying. You'd set San Fran up, or just have everybody well covered. Of course they would throw to Jerry Rice even if he was triple teamed. And the goddamn guy would catch it! How do you catch something THROUGH three defenders bodies? Enjoy your black magic voodoo. You will be going to hell for this pick . . . though it may be worth it.

Digable - Thurman Thomas is a good pick, no doubt. Good enough to get you to the Super Bowl? I say yes. Good enough to win the Super Bowl? I forget . . . what happened in 1990 again?
I think you mean 7th pick, but good job and good selection. I am okay with Rice cause no matter how many guys around him I am catching the ball and speed to get away from defenders. LOL.

Now onto my criticisms.

You're the #7 pick bro

Yeah but your coworker is a Chiefs homer. Has to be to tell you to pass up QB Eagles. ;)

Are they a former coworker now BTW?
Yeah but your coworker is a Chiefs homer. Has to be to tell you to pass up QB Eagles. ;)

Are they a former coworker now BTW?

lol not former yet. We will see how the rest of this draft goes (or if the gold mine calls me back)

Ok here we go -- Finishing out the first round

With the 8th pick and last in the first round of the 2013 TSB Draft The Wall of Orange select Rod Woodson DB/s

With the 9th pick and first in the second round of the 2013 TSB Draft the Wall of Orange select Barry Sanders RB

Its all about the playmakers baby.. Barry aint BO but he a can zig zag just fine dancing his way to the end zone. And damn you again General for messing up my potentially epic D with DT and RW terrorizing all your offenses.

With the 8th pick and last in the first round of the 2013 TSB Draft The Wall of Orange select Rod Woodson DB/s

With the 9th pick and first in the second round of the 2013 TSB Draft the Wall of Orange select Barry Sanders RB

Its all about the playmakers baby.. Barry aint BO but he a can zig zag just fine dancing his way to the end zone. And damn you again General for messing up my potentially epic D with DT and RW terrorizing all your offenses.
Damn you!
Just.
Damn you!
Great picks, both of them.

Not bad. wondering how long Barry would fall. Way to pick him in the 2nd round as well so you can pay him less!

Woodson is a solid DB but you reached according to my board. Perhaps worried you couldn't remember any other DB's later in the draft?

Now onto my criticisms.

You have to play Bo lately. No one weaves like this kid. He is the best offensive player in the game due to his running.

Not bad. wondering how long Barry would fall. Way to pick him in the 2nd round as well so you can pay him less!

Woodson is a solid DB but you reached according to my board. Perhaps worried you couldn't remember any other DB's later in the draft?
Woodson is the best db in the game, better than a few guys I can't yet mention. ;)
He even "stomps" and "popcorns" people at times and his speed is second to none.

Alright gents I'm out for the moment. Will check in later to see if i'm on the clock.

Alsacs, I already hate you for picking whoever you pick right before me
images

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom