Tecmo Super Bowl Fanstasy draft | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Tecmo Super Bowl Fanstasy draft

You ended up with the better one. I freakin love Neal Anderson on that game. Bruce Smith is far and away the best defensive lineman on the game (its not even close) but how often do good defensive linemen really come into play?
Yeah, I realize Anderson was elite in the game and especially compared to reality, but I don't remember playing with Chicago very often. For the sake of nostalgia, I will probably pick more guys I remember using than others. I played with probably every team, but definitely some more than others.

if we do trades i say limit it to you get 1 trade and thats it.. therefore making sure it really counts

I will blow you guys away with a value pick if he is still around. One of the last 99s left, but I'll explain that later....
It's all coming to plan, kids.

With his RB pick sniped and his internet back up the War freaking Otto's scramble to select

Round 2 #12 pick Wayne Haddix DB/TB

The only Buc worth a damn, the best DB in the game by far and the only player as fast as Bo Jackson.

well done sir- many forget about haddix- very good pick.. i say he is a tossup for db with the best range with woodson.. but well done.. there is another gem out there at db thats less well known too..

With his RB pick sniped and his internet back up the War freaking Otto's scramble to select

The only Buc worth a damn, the best DB in the game by far and the only player as fast as Bo Jackson.

Damn, you are killing this draft. I'd like to propose an award:

Best Tecmo player who sucked at real life football.

Neal Anderson has to at least be a nominee, but Wayne Haddix might take the prize.

Yeah, I realize Anderson was elite in the game and especially compared to reality, but I don't remember playing with Chicago very often. For the sake of nostalgia, I will probably pick more guys I remember using than others. I played with probably every team, but definitely some more than others.

I was the Bears pretty often as I eventually stopped using the obvious teams and they were solid all around. Anderson and Thurman Thomas were about clones but Thomas was much better known. I was one would fall to me at 12. :bang:

WOW YOU TOOK MY ROUND 3 PICK DAMN YOU. LOL

well done sir- many forget about haddix- very good pick.. i say he is a tossup for db with the best range with woodson.. but well done.. there is another gem out there at db thats less well known too..

I'm curious to look up their player ratings after the fact. I think Haddix rated better in speed but not sure in INT's. May have been evenish? One of the things about being good at tecmo, im sure we all know, is folks would only play you if you were a garbage team... thus I learned about Haddix.

true i learned about haddix actually after playing a season with the bucs purely because i watched the movie about that one dude rickey bell was it? so decided to use the bucks for a season and haddix had 10 picks and 5 pick sixes... still lost 5 games but learned of the mighty haddix.. def have to look at ratings at some point

I'm curious to look up their player ratings after the fact. I think Haddix rated better in speed but not sure in INT's. May have been evenish? One of the things about being good at tecmo, im sure we all know, is folks would only play you if you were a garbage team... thus I learned about Haddix.

Yep, I used to let friends pick the team I played them with. I learned a lot about Haddix that way, and one other guy who shall remain nameless for now.

I hope not, but realistically, you probably do. There are two guys, who if one of them fell to my next pick I would be absolutely ecstatic.
Wow, I'm going out on a limb to say I know both, and worse for you, is I'm taking one of them, the less "sleeper" of the two.
Pow!
Sick and twisted as I am, in hopes that Troop shows up, I have copied the text of my announcement I have already concocted!

Wow, I'm going out on a limb to say I know both, and worse for you, is I'm taking one of them, the less "sleeper" of the two.
Pow!
Sick and twisted as I am, in hopes that Troop shows up, I have copied the text of my announcement I have already concocted!

Come on, now you are making me prematurely mad at you . . . and like Coach Boeheim said, premature anything isn't good.

Come on, now you are making me prematurely mad at you . . . and like Coach Boeheim said, premature anything isn't good.
I tell you what...I will pm you my next pick so long as you promise not to share with the rest of the board, especially not CuseTroop, want to know?