Class of 2017 - Tehoka Nanticoke (ON) Attack to Albany | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 Tehoka Nanticoke (ON) Attack to Albany

just seems like somebody at syracuse is dropping the ball again on the local native lacrosse talent.

Agreed and I don't want to hear BS excuses about admission standards.

The Thompsons were a big loss and we haven't been able to turn the tide back to being the preferred school among Iroquois.

Two things to note here.
1. Nanticoke was not really interested in Syracuse don't believe SU has been recruiting him for quite sometime.

2. Take a look at what SU has comited for 2017 right now.

Two things to note here.
1. Nanticoke was not really interested in Syracuse don't believe SU has been recruiting him for quite sometime.

2. Take a look at what SU has comited for 2017 right now.
Questioning the strength of the class of 2017. I think Quinn and maybe a few other kids will be good but I'm not sold on it. I think 2018 is a much better class, Magnan, Gelinas, Cook. Class is LOADED on offense with those 3 alone.

Questioning the strength of the class of 2017. I think Quinn and maybe a few other kids will be good but I'm not sold on it. I think 2018 is a much better class, Magnan, Gelinas, Cook. Class is LOADED on offense with those 3 alone.

Lauder, Buttermore, Seebold, Wood, the kid from Illinois, don't sell that class short, there is a lot of talent in that class already. Quinn and Lauder are both probable UA's.

Couple of things on Tehoka to dispel a couple of misconceptions. First, he is from Six Nations in Canada. The Iroquois Confederacy actually has six nations (Onondaga, Oneida, Mohawk, Seneca, Cayuga and Tuscarora). The Six Nations reserve in Canada is comprised on members from all six of the Iroquois tribes. And by the way - Six Nations is known for their great lacrosse (especially box).

Second, I read somewhere that Tehoka is going to stay at IMG in Florida for one more year and do a "post graduate" year before heading to college. A common misconception is that Native American kids are not smart and that's why they go to OCC. I hear that about the Thompsons and it drives me crazy (story for a different day). Many Native American kids - especially those from very traditional families - attend elementary schools that are taught in their native tongue. Some (like the older Thompson boys) didn't start to learn English until they were 9 or 10 years old.

Third, this kid is very traditional (much like the Thompson family) and respect for that is very important to him. Coach Marr at Albany understands that as well as anyone and I think that was a very important factor in his decision.

Albany is a great fit for this kid - IF he gets himself into great shape and stays healthy, he could end up rewriting the record books.

Kid looks big! Gonna be a handful for 4 years.

DDlB-NpWsAAYGl-.jpg:large

Kid looks big! Gonna be a handful for 4 years.

DDlB-NpWsAAYGl-.jpg:large

He's a heck of a player, good news is he and Fields will only be together for one year and Albany loses a ton to graduation after next season.

Thinking Albany should be heavily favored to beat Cuse next year...The rise of the Albany program is certainly putting a hurt into Cuse's overall dominance. Definitely one of the reasons we've seen only 1 final four in the last eight seasons.

He's a heck of a player, good news is he and Fields will only be together for one year and Albany loses a ton to graduation after next season.
Has skills but also big physical advantage agaisnt most in HS that diminishes at next level. Is he a Cloutier?

Tehoka is a great player. Lookin forward to Albany vs Cuse. I see Mellen on fields and Tyson Bomberry on Tehoka. They have played on the same teams their whole life,practiced against each other at every level. It will be a great match up.

word on the street in Albany is that he's the real deal and legit monster size. 6+ and 220+ is no lie. I guess he's been abusing the defense with his size.

Tehoka is a great player. Lookin forward to Albany vs Cuse. I see Mellen on fields and Tyson Bomberry on Tehoka. They have played on the same teams their whole life,practiced against each other at every level. It will be a great match up.
Yes, that will be a treat to watch. Bomberry probably matches up better vs. Nanticoke than any other defender in college lacrosse.

Liam Gleason told me Wednesday night that he’s been killing it. Just abusing their defense. They were looking forward to seeing how he’d play this weekend against Hopkins and Richmond.

Highlight play that draws the ahs but kinda reminds me of one of Melo NYK iso's with everyone standing around flat footed including JHU defenders who were slow on slides. Call me cynical but is a behind the back between the legs dribbler really a good lacrosse shot or just showmanship that is great when it works and stupid when it doesn't?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom