Temple game is 11:00am... | Syracusefan.com

Temple game is 11:00am...

per big east twitter. ESPN2 or ESPN
oy ve, looks like a midnight madness tailgate will be in order for you gents. Nothing like a Philly Cheese steak sandwich to start the day at 7-8 am.....

Heck that actually sounds good, wish I could go!!

I think there is a conspiracy to keep me from games. 11 am, seriously?

I think I'm going to fight this one, and go anyway.

If anyone of power reads this, they'll probably bump it back to 9 am.

i like 11am... i assume it will be cloudy and rainy in philly.

i will probably eat a turkey sando in the 1st quarter, nap through the 2nd quarter and halftime, eat another turkey sando, prob make some nachos, and crack open a quality brew in the 3rd quarter. i will then nap after the game.

Sucks.Big.Time.

Hopefully we beat Missouri for win 6. Many of us are planning to go to Temple from Syracuse IF, that is for win 6. Tough tailgating that early and even tougher trying to go down day of game. Not going to want to get up at 3AM. Will likely have to go Thanksgiving night. Please please beat Missouri.

Can't be too much...50 yard line on stub hub $30...bet you can get in the door for $5-$10

Sucks.Big.Time.

Hopefully we beat Missouri for win 6. Many of us are planning to go to Temple from Syracuse IF, that is for win 6. Tough tailgating that early and even tougher trying to go down day of game. Not going to want to get up at 3AM. Will likely have to go Thanksgiving night. Please please beat Missouri.

I'll be in Jersey for Thanksgiving and 11 a.m. is tough.

8 a.m. tailgate. Yikes!

any idea how much tickets are in cuse section?

You can buy a seat on the 45 yard line 14 rows from the field for $37.50 from Ticketmaster right now. I think they bone you for a $6.50 handling fee too.

Or, if you want, you can buy up to about 50,000 of them on gameday for $20 each...

I've always found that it's a lot easier to get up at the crack of dawn for a Syracuse sporting event or vacation than it is for work.:)

Sucks.Big.Time.

I'm figuring that an 11 am game means more post game tailgating/celebrating than pre-game. You won't hit traffic, can probably get there from Syracuse in 3.5 hours, 4 tops. Leave at 6 am, you're good.

I say that as I continue to whine in my inside voice about this game time. And I only have a 2 hour drive.

I'm figuring that an 11 am game means more post game tailgating/celebrating than pre-game. You won't hit traffic, can probably get there from Syracuse in 3.5 hours, 4 tops. Leave at 6 am, you're good.

I say that as I continue to whine in my inside voice about this game time. And I only have a 2 hour drive.

No doubt post game would be far better.

This is NOT good for Syracuse. A 7 p.m. game at Missouri means an all-night flight back and an entire lost preparation day. Game is already on a Friday instead of a Saturday, so that's two lost prep days. Temple plays at Army on Saturday, basically a couple-hour bus ride. I bet anything DM is pissed as heck about this, although he'll never say so publicly because it sounds like excuse-making. The schedule-maker really screwed the team this year imo.

This is NOT good for Syracuse. A 7 p.m. game at Missouri means an all-night flight back and an entire lost preparation day. Game is already on a Friday instead of a Saturday, so that's two lost prep days. Temple plays at Army on Saturday, basically a couple-hour bus ride. I bet anything DM is pissed as heck about this, although he'll never say so publicly because it sounds like excuse-making. The schedule-maker really screwed the team this year imo.

Three words...It is Temple. :D

This will be good practice for the basketball game at Nova (just across the street from Lincoln Financial) in January, which is also an 11 a.m. start.

Final going-away gift from the Big East. Thank you! Us and Pitt will make sure we put the lights before we leave. Bye-bye...

Dave is this a big east decision, or an ESPN call? If it's BE, they are definitely pushing the envelop against us this year... Also, I believe you wrote here that you have been offered a chance to keep working in the market, if so, are you sticking around, hopefully? Have always very much enjoyed your coverage!

I'm not sure but will ask at practice tomorrow. I think it was awfully tough on the team to schedule four of the final five games on the road, awfully tough on DM to schedule Missouri on the road when his conference peers were filling the TCU gap with MAC schools (much to their dismay, I may add) or another FCS foe and now awfully tough to hand him this short turnaround, Temple or not (I don't know about the rest of you, but I recall SU's last two trips to Temple - Walter Washington in 2004 and Barber missing a PAT kick in 2002 - and shudder). I'm not sure who was responsible but suspect it was a combination of SU and the conference. In any event, imo neither did the coach or team any favors.

And thanks for the kind words. Always appreciated in a tough climate. I do not feel comfortable answering your other question at this time but again am grateful for the compliment.

I'm not sure but will ask at practice tomorrow. I think it was awfully tough on the team to schedule four of the final five games on the road, awfully tough on DM to schedule Missouri on the road when his conference peers were filling the TCU gap with MAC schools (much to their dismay, I may add) or another FCS foe and now awfully tough to hand him this short turnaround, Temple or not (I don't know about the rest of you, but I recall SU's last two trips to Temple - Walter Washington in 2004 and Barber missing a PAT kick in 2002 - and shudder). I'm not sure who was responsible but suspect it was a combination of SU and the conference. In any event, imo neither did the coach or team any favors.

And thanks for the kind words. Always appreciated in a tough climate. I do not feel comfortable answering your other question at this time but again am grateful for the compliment.

understood. Thanks Dave, whether you are still local in the future, or off to greener pastures, my best and thanks for all your great work!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom