Tenative Leaked New New Big East 12 team division splits. | Syracusefan.com

Tenative Leaked New New Big East 12 team division splits.

Alsacs

Living Legend
http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2011/10/tentative_big_east_division_sp.html

East- UConn, Rutgers, South Florida, Central Florida, Navy, Temple
West- West Virginia, Houston, SMU, Louisville, Cincinnati, Air Force
It seems like the west is way better, but if the Big East got Boise State put them in the West and placed West Virginia in the East instead of Temple that isn't too bad. If only Marinatto wasn't a boob it could have be done sooner.

Three different timezones.

Nooners in the MST are 10 AM.

So glad we're watching this from the comfort of a stable conference.

To all of you who favored staying in the Big East, how are you feeling now about that shitshow?

Where is Cuse and Pitt? Aren't we staying around for 27 months?

I assume Air Force, SMU and Houston will be villified for being charter members who turned their back on their conferences?

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2011/10/tentative_big_east_division_sp.html

East- UConn, Rutgers, South Florida, Central Florida, Navy, Temple
West- West Virginia, Houston, SMU, Louisville, Cincinnati, Air Force
It seems like the west is way better, but if the Big East got Boise State put them in the West and placed West Virginia in the East instead of Temple that isn't too bad. If only Marinatto wasn't a boob it could have be done sooner.

I hope this happens.

The West is actually a decent group of schools.

All in all, not a bad rescue if it happens and if a TV contract is signed asap.

Truly vomit worthy!! what a train wreck...

Don't tell Oliver Luck that. I hope Pitt refuses to schedule them for a while. The eastern schools twisting in the wind will be good for us.

Is temple serioulsy going one league basketball one football again? UCF USM Houston Air Force, Navy and Army?

Now they have 7 football only and 4 basketball only schools and 7 of them play both sports :bat::bang:.

Do they get to choose what league they play lacrosse in to?
What a mess. Wonder if the NCAA could jump in and say its illegal to have so many schools with one foot in one conference and another in the other.

A dozen years go, only three of those schools were BCS level programs, and Temple was on their way down.

Two 1-AA programs, an Indy on their way to the MAC, one MWC program, four CUSA teams, and Navy.

This is a hot mess.

A dozen years go, only three of those schools were BCS level programs, and Temple was on their way down.

Two 1-AA programs, an Indy on their way to the MAC, one MWC program, four CUSA teams, and Navy.

This is a hot mess.

Well Rutgers and Uconn certainly had a miracle happen recently. Nova nearly did to.:noidea:

Well Rutgers and Uconn certainly had a miracle happen recently. Nova nearly did to.:noidea:

That league just wreaks of Tuesday/ WDEnesday night college football tradition.

lol :)

Will the NCAA seriously allow 7 schools with one foot in each conference for baskebtall and football.
And a few others that don't even have football programs. :bang:

I say we Countersue the Big east for trying.

Why Boise belongs in the New Big East...

usa-boise-id.jpg

The Newer Big East must figure now that they have Navy and Airforce Boise is ready to deploy.

I have to say, I think the Big East helped create a lot of teams that are pretty successful and it wouldn’t surprise me one bit if they added Central Florida, SMU and 1 or 2 other teams in recruiting hot beds that take off and become as strong as a Syracuse and Pittsburgh. The Big East didn’t make West Virginia but it took a top 35 team and made them a top 10-15 team every year. Virginia Tech was a decent team but if you look at their records through the years, they didn’t become a power until they joined the Big East! The same goes for Cincinnati and South Florida. I believe the rule to lose your AQ in football is that a conference must have at least 1 team ranked 15 or higher in the BCS final rankings and the conference can’t go 2 consecutive years without having a team in the top 15. They created that rule the year after Miami, BC, and Vtech left and the rest of the Big East was down.

A bit more travelling for WVU than they're used to (2* TX, + CO).

I'm not sure this will be good enough, but I suspect that top-to-bottom it'll be stronger than the MWC.

Had they done this 2-5 years ago everything may've been salvaged, though I suspect that the ACC still would've come knocking in order to re-do their TV contract.

I bet ND till nixes it somehow. :)

The TV Contract should rival that of the SEC, off the charts. If I were DOC, I wouldn't play one of these teams.. Not one. 1AA team, One Mac team, and one team from any other BCS conference... the Big east.

Why Boise belongs in the New Big East...

usa-boise-id.jpg

The Newer Big East must figure now that they have Navy and Airforce Boise is ready to deploy.
lmao if Boise is added that means the Big East and Pac-10 geographical regions would overlap. Hilarious.

The TV Contract should rival that of the SEC, off the charts. If I were DOC, I wouldn't play one of these teams.. Not one. 1AA team, One Mac team, and one team from any other BCS conference... **** the Big east.

Agree. That should be the scheduling going forward. Play 5 BCS home games (either 4 ACC and 1 OOC, or 5 ACC), 5 BCS road games (either 4 ACC and 1 OOC, or 5 ACC), a 1AA at home and a 2 for 1 with a MAC. That sets up for a 3 year rotation of...

7 home games, 7 home games, 6 home games.

Agree. That should be the scheduling going forward. Play 5 BCS home games (either 4 ACC and 1 OOC, or 5 ACC), 5 BCS road games (either 4 ACC and 1 OOC, or 5 ACC), a 1AA at home and a 2 for 1 with a MAC. That sets up for a 3 year rotation of...

Don't forget all those games in NYC.

I'd cancel the series with ND too. Screw 'em.

Agree 100%, makes the most sense

That conglomeration of teams appears to be some kind of Conference USA sundae with Academy Whipped Cream and a sprinkling of Big East.

To even take it a step further I would go...

Year 1/2 B1G
Year 3/4 P12
Year 5/6 SEC
Year 7/8 B12
Year 9/10 B1G and so on

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online