terrible close | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

terrible close

Too much focus on in-state. Give me the best players regardless. Once we start winning then the state guys will stay. So if Brown and Edwards were lets say from Ohio and we lost them to Tennesse and a Florida team then it would be a net win?

At no point was my post to reflect the efforts of the staff or the program... Fully understand the coaching upheaval, but that is college football...

Carter, Allen, Gus, Laray, most likely Malik are flat out disappointments... Not the kids fault..

zach allen when he was committed was going to start at qb next year according to most on the board.

so we lost our best and 2nd best players (not that debatable in gus and allen), possibly our 3rd best in malik brown.

pretty significant net loss.

You NEVER EVER judge a recruiting class by quantity.

Oh I love ZA and you can look at my posts on him. I liked him from the start. But overall we added more than we lost. I just don't see how it is a "terrible close" is what I am arguing.

Too much focus on in-state. Give me the best players regardless. Once we start winning then the state guys will stay. So if Brown and Edwards were lets say from Ohio and we lost them to Tennesse and a Florida team then it would be a net win?

we aren't ever going to consistently get the best players from the midwest, or south. every staff that we have had here other then Grob approached it that way, and most were extremely successful.

uhh no. brown is not in state, neither is allen. Allen was a huge loss and brown would be as well if he flips.

we aren't ever going to consistently get the best players from the midwest, or south. every staff that we have had here since Grob approached it that way, and most were extremely successful.

Right but the staff is pulling 3 star players from the midwest right now. And that is with less than a month. And we should have even more success down south now that we are playing the teams down there on a regular basis. And I am not talking USF and the other lower Florida teams I am talking Florida State and Miami.

uhh no. brown is not in state, neither is allen. Allen was a huge loss and brown would be as well if he flips.

We will not know how big of a loss Allen is until 3 years from now maybe 4. I think he has all the talent in the world but not always does that talent pan out

Oh I love ZA and you can look at my posts on him. I liked him from the start. But overall we added more than we lost. I just don't see how it is a "terrible close" is what I am arguing.

we only added more in terms of quantity.

Which means literally nothing. Its not like Marrone's class was complete - he was going to add more too if he didnt leave.

I mean N-O-T-H-I-N-G. We lost 2 or 3 of our best recruits and didnt add a single player that is better than them.

and i didn't say it was a terrible close. you asked for a list of players. I added that its a net loss - but 1 that should have been expected.

losing 3 in state guys, at positions of need is a net loss. again not anyone's fault, but let's not kid ourselves.

I will take the loss of 3 NY state guys anyday if we can replace them with Florida State guys.

Right but the staff is pulling 3 star players from the midwest right now. And that is with less than a month.
a WR, QB, and TE. I am happy with how the class turned out considering the circumstances I just find it hard to believe that the class didn't take a step back is all. Nobody's fault, and should be fine, but we lost key guys, and keys positions, who were close to home.

we only added more in term of quantity.

Which means literally nothing. Its not like Marrone's class was complete - he was going to add more too if he didnt leave.

I mean N-O-T-H-I-N-G. We lost 2 or 3 of our best recruits and didnt add a single player that is better than them.

Who is to say we lost more in terms of quality. Who is to say ZA was our best recruit? He surely wasnt and isnt the highest rated recruit for Syracuse this year on any site.

losing 3 in state guys, at positions of need is a net loss. again not anyone's fault, but let's not kid ourselves.
SU lost one to Clemson, one to Miami and one seems more interested in track than football (and someone posted that he picked the better track program). There is almost nothing that SU could have done to win those battles.

SU lost one to Clemson, one to Miami and one seems more interested in track than football (and someone posted that he picked the better track program). There is almost nothing that SU could have done to win those battles.
who went to clemson? we lost them to Miami, Rutgers, TCU, Indiana, and possibly Tenn. Those aren't exactly can't say no programs. a couple of those guys shut down their recruitment. there was an outstanding chance all of them would have stayed firm.

Who is to say we lost more in terms of quality. Who is to say ZA was our best recruit? He surely wasnt and isnt the highest rated recruit for Syracuse this year on any site.

agree to disagree

who went to clemson? we lost them to Miami, Rutgers, TCU, Indiana, and possibly Tenn. Those aren't exactly can't say no programs. a couple of those guys shut down their recruitment. there was an outstanding chance all of them would have stayed firm.
I assumed that one of the three was Ogundeko.

I assumed that one of the three was Ogundeko.

i thought we were talking about the ones who had given us a verbal (carter, allen, gus, brown) and laray said himself it was syracuse until the change.

Certainly a very disappointing close especially if we lose Malik which it looks like.

I would say 0-7 in the last few days of recruiting battles against BCS schools would qualify as a Terrible close

I would say 0-7 in the last few days of recruiting battles against BCS schools would qualify as a Terrible close

Yeah - really can't sugar coat this...

I was hoping we'd keep at minimum 1/3 of our BCS offer targets/commits with the positive reports about Shafe and McD's efforts...

Getting blanked and having Spearman whip your hat on the floor is close to as bad as it could go...

I guess we could still lose Estime as well... :(

"Mailman" hmmm today must be saturday

Sent from my Nexus 7

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors