terrible close | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

terrible close

unlike some i feel RB is a position of need. Next year we lose PTG, and like Smith. Do you see AAM as an every down back? Then you have Morris who should be great, and McFarland, who may now have to move to safety? Then who? Your an injury away from trouble. Now next year we have to bring in a RB and possibly have to have him contribute as a TR FR.

And I am far from a star gazer. Show me one time where i once mentioned a star rating

RB and DB's and some more LB depth... Huge areas of need... I'm worried about our DB depth now... I count 4 safeties total and I'm not sure any of them are run stoppers... With all the 5 wides stuff can never have enough DB's... Plus they are invaluable on specials...

unlike some i feel RB is a position of need. Next year we lose PTG, and like Smith. Do you see AAM as an every down back? Then you have Morris who should be great, and McFarland, who may now have to move to safety? Then who? Your an injury away from trouble. Now next year we have to bring in a RB and possibly have to have him contribute as a TR FR.

And I am far from a star gazer. Show me one time where i once mentioned a star rating
I would have loved to have Gus jump aboard mainly because he is an in state kid...not because he is a RB. It might be the strongest and deepest (btw, you forgot AB) group on the team.

Smith, Gulley, AAM, AB, Morris and DMV. VERY deep and talented group.

Morris, Broyld, AAM. McFarlane + whatever freshman we bring in next year. I'm totally fine with that. RB is one position underclassman can contribute at a high level. I expect to grab a great RB in 2014. Safety, LB, DE, and OT are my biggest concerns.

We all know the star system is all we have to go on at the present time so let's not use that old saw. Your point on RB is IMO a lower grade issue than WR. In a sense. we traded depth at RB for WR. I will take that trade. With a new QB we need WR that can get open and stretch the field (and catch the damn thing when it is thrown to them).

You are also forgetting about Broyld, who is more talented at RB than anyone I have seen at SU in quite a while. Beside, none of our backs can run without a very good O Line (they proved that already). I don't have much faith in track guys on the football field so Laray was not a big disappointment to me. I certainly wish we had kept Gus but it does not ruin my week.

We suck and will continue to suck in the ACC. Nobody wants to come here...can we start paying players now?

Try Syracuse.com forum. They have room temperature IQ's as well.

The big question is, did Locksley get his $40,000 bonus?
8th place might not make it!

Funny that his bonus structure means they grade recruits strictly by stars received. Total reversal of what we did.

We all know the star system is all we have to go on at the present time so let's not use that old saw. Your point on RB is IMO a lower grade issue than WR. In a sense. we traded depth at RB for WR. I will take that trade. With a new QB we need WR that can get open and stretch the field (and catch the damn thing when it is thrown to them).

You are also forgetting about Broyld, who is more talented at RB than anyone I have seen at SU in quite a while. Beside, none of our backs can run without a very good O Line (they proved that already). I don't have much faith in track guys on the football field so Laray was not a big disappointment to me. I certainly wish we had kept Gus but it does not ruin my week.

Most of these kids will red shirt next season regardless. it's not next years RB depth i am worried about, it's the year after. could have been a good spot for a RS FR to step in and give some help. Our WRs are relatively young with Funderburke (SO.), West (Jr), Foster (So.) Kobena (Jr) AC (rFr). After next year we most likely will only have Ameen-Moore, Morris, McFarland, and Broyld if he doesn't switch position.

Try Syracuse.com forum. They have room temperature IQ's as well.
Any double digit IQ is sad especially when expressed in what is considered by them as writing.Wall drawings on cave walls required more intelligence.

We suck and will continue to suck in the ACC. Nobody wants to come here...can we start paying players now?

One of the reasons I love this site is because people argue merits, make valid points, can accept others worthy points of view and joke. For those that want to just be critical of kids, staff or the team might I suggest you go to Syracuse.com and complain with most of the others there.

Most of these kids will red shirt next season regardless. it's not next years RB depth i am worried about, it's the year after. could have been a good spot for a RS FR to step in and give some help. Our WRs are relatively young with Funderburke (SO.), West (Jr), Foster (So.) Kobena (Jr) AC (rFr). After next year we most likely will only have Ameen-Moore, Morris, McFarland, and Broyld if he doesn't switch position.

Last year we were all wetting our pants that we had two 1,000 yard rushers in row with Carter and Bailey and nobody to replace them. That seemed to work out rather nicely. BTW nobody was expecting Smith to be the star, everyone was hoping AAM would be the guy. Morris (nickname committe this guy is going to need a handle) has had terrific reviews and well as Run DMC.

I worry more about making sure we continue to develop O Linemen.

I think a kid like Estime and maybe Cooper play. Kobena;s hands are less than vel-cro. His speed is only good if he can secure the ball first I like West as a possession type . I don't know what Quinta brings to the table.b I would think Flemming before Foster. A couple injured kids might factor in there e.g. Lewis and Cornelius.:cool:

Last year we were all wetting our pants that we had two 1,000 yard rushers in row with Carter and Bailey and nobody to replace them. That seemed to work out rather nicely. BTW nobody was expecting Smith to be the star, everyone was hoping AAM would be the guy. Morris (nickname committe this guy is going to need a handle) has had terrific reviews and well as Run DMC.

I worry more about making sure we continue to develop O Linemen.

totally agree. i was just following up on my original point that it hurt losing 3 NY guys, who all could have been helpful

totally agree. i was just following up on my original point that it hurt losing 3 NY guys, who all could have been helpful

Yes, I am afraid that was inevitable but I am just glad we were able to get some compensating flips ourselves. In the past it seemed to be a one way street on NSD.

it took you 2 months to come up with that gem??

:rolling:

One of the reasons I love this site is because people argue merits, make valid points, can accept others worthy points of view and joke. For those that want to just be critical of kids, staff or the team might I suggest you go to Syracuse.com and complain with most of the others there.
bees is uploading a hard-drive destroying worm to the guy's PC right now. Hope he isn't in a public library! :D

I think a kid like Estime and maybe Cooper play. Kobena;s hands are less than vel-cro. His speed is only good if he can secure the ball first I like West as a possession type . I don't know what Quinta brings to the table.b I would think Flemming before Foster. A couple injured kids might factor in there e.g. Lewis and Cornelius.:cool:

Lewis and Cornelius were injured?

I Kobena;s hands are less than vel-cro. His speed is only good if he can secure the ball first I like West as a possession type . .:cool:

In 2012, Kobena had six DNPs and four games where no passes were thrown at him.

sure NY doesn't have a ton of talent, but there is some. Wayne Morgan, Brandon Reddish, Ivan Foy, Sirki Diabate, Ashton Broyld, Marcus Sales, Terrell Hunt, Kobena, Devante McFarland, Alvin Cornelius, Omari Palmer, Jay Bromley, Robert Welsch, Marcus Coleman, and i am sure i am missing a few. there are some major contributors there, and we have been getting more and more of NY's top talent, just not the top guy. it's all about continuing to build relationships, which we have been doing a great job at. We have a better shot at getting NY's best, then we do Florida's, or Illinois. As I said before every other staff besides Robinson focused on the NE, and I don't see how we have a better shot in other places.
This class is what it is, I give you that. We will never know if retaining DM would have nailed down Smith, kept AE here as well as Brown. We probably still had a good chance of losing them, maybe. I think the biggest loss was ZA, maybe he would have helped keeping others on board. On the other hand we got a 3 star QB in the last 3 weeks, along with a couple great potential receivers. I like what coach Shaf said on the 445 ESPNU report. He said we at SU will probably never land a number 1 class, but he likes kids that he can develop with a chip on their shoulder. (The Jones brothers, Arthur and Chandler, McNabb, etc. etc.) Not sure there is any more room in the house, maybe 1 or 2 slots? Wouldn't be a bad thing to have one if we need it for the right guy or to carry into next years class.

Go Orange

This class is what it is, I give you that. We will never know if retaining DM would have nailed down Smith, kept AE here as well as Brown. We probably still had a good chance of losing them, maybe. I think the biggest loss was ZA, maybe he would have helped keeping others on board. On the other hand we got a 3 star QB in the last 3 weeks, along with a couple great potential receivers. I like what coach Shaf said on the 445 ESPNU report. He said we at SU will probably never land a number 1 class, but he likes kids that he can develop with a chip on their shoulder. (The Jones brothers, Arthur and Chandler, McNabb, etc. etc.) Not sure there is any more room in the house, maybe 1 or 2 slots? Wouldn't be a bad thing to have one if we need it for the right guy or to carry into next years class.

Go Orange

But we can and have gotten numerous top 25 classes in a row.

I have a feeling George Mcdonald may get us back in that direction for next year.

Boy how quickly people forget ... remember our class in 09? Marrone pieced together 11 two stars and 2 three stars ... and look at where some of those kids are now ... (Pugh, Lemon, S Thomas, B Sharpe, P Thomas and Chibane) good lord these kids haven't even seen the field yet ... there is a high probability that we see more quality guys from this class than that one and those guys turned out great for us ... give it time boys and girls.

What an awful closing... NYC kids, SEC flips... Very Disappointing. Hoping 2014 will have a better conclusion..
Thats a lil strong, it wasnt a good close but there was alot a factor went into this year. If we miss out on alot a players next year then i will be concerned

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom